EDGE

Only Edgelords will be able to watch Netflix 1080p

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/netflix.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

spoof user agent

\thread

firecucks and botnet cultist on suicide watch

I don't have a problem with using Edge as long as it actually feels like a complete browser and has support for extensions and filter lists.

>Using netflix
stallman.org/netflix.html

You're supposed to be able to use the Win 10 app too, but when I tried to force the stream to 1080p it crashed.
Tried it on a real install on a shitbox and in a VM, same deal.

Also set top boxes etc still get 1080p/4k.

^

That won't work because the browser still doesn't support the required DRM.

why tho?

No reason to use Edge so Microsoft paid a few billions to create one.

Doesn't safari have that same DRM?

People use safari?

Macfags do I guess

>streaming media
>paying for garbage netflix content in what is the equivalent of YIFY rip

>Netflix
>paying a fee to stream

Thank you based DRM.

>sign up for Netflix
>watch some movies and TV shows
>stop my subscription because I'm not using it often enough
>less than a year later, resubscribe
>my fucking watch list is cleared, and some of the movies I wanted to see are no longer on Netflix
>permanently cancel my subscription

If they can't save a few KB of data in my account for even a year, they can go fuck themselves. As for the other point, I understand that Jewish movie executives will only allow them to keep movies for a certain period of time as part of a contract deal.

>worshipping a guy who eats food off of his toes, fuckis parrots, and supports pedophilia and necrophilia

Ad Hominem

And torrent sites continue to work on all browsers

if they make watching things legally more difficult and less useful than watching them illegally, why do they complain when people pirate?

>mfw all I have to do is just pirate crap and put it on my plex server

I win, where's my fucking prize.

>I was about to agree that RMS had a few points to make, but haha I noticed a few unrelated political statements he's made so try again.

>A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I felt uncomfortable with promoting its use in this way.
Every fucking time. Damn it, Stallman. Might as well stop the hospitals from treating people, they're using Windows to do their job.

that hacker looks rad as fuck

>linking a page = worshipping the author

Obviously meant for Fucking persistent post boxes.

>streaming

>Pleae join me in refusing
>Pleae
Someone pleae contact him about this immediately.

How does RS make money

People gave him a literal boat load of money before everyone realized he was an autist. He lives off of this money while traveling the world with his nose buried in a ThinkPad. He's the most powerful NEET in the world.

this.

does edge memory-leak like mad, same as explorer?

>NEET commie linuxtards hate Netflix
shocking

>having your own plex serer
>not realizing no girl wants to 'PLEX AND CHILL'
>realize that you are a fucking faggot
>realize you will never taste some pussy
>kill yourself

>stallman.org/netflix.html
>A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I felt uncomfortable with promoting its use in this way.
>tfw you want to suck Stallmann's dick but he declines your invite to netflix and chill

>projecting this hard

>Use windows, goyim, microsoft is our valued business partner
In theory
>netflix dies
In reality
>Microsoft tightens its grip on the market, no antitrust suit ever

but my tv does 4k netflix user. who the fuck would use a browser to watch a movie?

Lel do you use one of those shit tier smart tv OS's?

yeah. samsung ks7000 love it

that.
there.
here.
everywhere.

The shit you guys complain about cracks me up.

tbhsmhfamcuck
desu baka senpai cuck

Confirmed: I don't give a fuck and will continue to use Kodi, couchpotato, and sickrage

These companies are fucking retarded

Holy fuck its actually true, no wonder I thought it looked blurry on my 4k tv compared to 4k blu ray... Much better now, thanks user, made my day! (actually srs)

This isn't about user-agents, this is about Microsoft's EME DRM plugin. So much for muh open web standards I guess.

Lel, my gf fully appreciates that we have a massive library at our disposal. Maybe you are talking to the wrong type of girls.

Macarthur Foundation "Genius Grant"

Red Hat stocks

>find girl
>seduce
>lure home with the promise of Netflix and chill
>actually Plex and chill
>she doesn't notice or care, get sex

>only edge will play 1080p netflix
>safari plays 1080p netflix just fine

Torrent or buy the physical copy and break the DRM yourself. Or get a copy from a friend and copy it.

>no wonder I thought it looked blurry on my 4k tv compared to 4k blu ray

Maybe that has something to do with the stream being 1/5th the bitrate

>inb4 its actually 1280x720

>Holy fuck its actually true, no wonder I thought it looked blurry on my 4k tv compared to 4k blu ray

You do realise that 4K Netflix streams are 25 Megabit while a 4K Bluray is 100-108, right?

Even playing back 4K, the quality is going to be nowhere near the same.

Good, because right now Edge is the only browser that properly supports hardware decoding for online videos

Can confirm, just checked out Daredevil (Since I can know for sure that has 1080p) and it was capped at 1280x720 on both Chrome/Canary and Firefox.

no it's actually 1080p
the person that wrote the article is either retarded or trying to be "click baity"
if you look at the list on netflixe's website it will say something like this
IE/Edge: 1080p
Chrome: 720p
Safari: 1080p

>the person that wrote the article

The article says Safari is fine, learn to fucking read before you post.