/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Asus announces the Zenfone 3 Laser and Zenfone 3 Max
gsmarena.com/asus_announces_the_zenfone_3_laser_and_zenfone_3_max_-news-19404.php

>Another batch of Galaxy Note7 leaks: see the iris scanner in action
gsmarena.com/another_batch_of_galaxy_note7_leaks_see_the_iris_scanner_in_action-news-19399.php

>Huawei Maimang 5 is official in China, might be called G9 elsewhere
gsmarena.com/huawei_maimang_5_is_official_in_china_might_be_called_g9_elsewhere-news-19405.php

>Moto E3 unveiled: 5" upgrade indistinguishable from the Moto G4 Play
gsmarena.com/moto_e3_unveiled_5_upgrade_indistinguishable_from_the_moto_g4_play-news-19400.php

>Apple’s New A10 Chip Shows Up on Geekbench
gizmochina.com/2016/07/14/apples-new-a10-chip-shows-geekbench/

>Does the OnePlus 3 use its full 6 GB of RAM after the update?
phonearena.com/news/Does-the-OnePlus-3-use-its-full-6-GB-of-RAM-after-the-update_id83173

>Redmi Note 4 leaks, set to have 4GB RAM, Helio X20/X25, 128GB storage, dual cameras, metal body
gizchina.com/2016/07/13/that-dual-camera-redmi-is-set-to-have-10-core-chip-and-4gb-ram/

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/LG-G3-Metallic-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B00KKM2WT0
amazon.com/ZTE-Axon-unlocked-smartphone-Warranty/dp/B01FUF1EL8
youtube.com/watch?v=AXF-J-zCKQM
youtube.com/watch?v=VN87cUqZN_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=iln4VouVW-Q
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-3s-3gb-32-gb
rootjunky.com/amazon-ads-bloat-removed-from-the-motorola-moto-g-4th-gen/
ebay.ca/itm/Sony-XPERIA-Z3-D6603-LTE-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-20-7MP-5-2-2-5GHz-Quad-Core-/381415518488?var=&hash=item58ce22f118:m:mUUavFx2hUcd_RaiUOp1uuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Okay Sup Forums, FAVORITE device for under $100?

That Moto E is looking mighty tasty

ZTE Warp Elite, no competition. Fuck your flash-less piece of shit manlet phone.

Why not just buy a Moto G 3rd gen?

Save up, I promise, you'll thank me for it.

Looking for a good Pkmn Go phone, good battery, lots of storage or memory card slot, water resistant and generally a sturdy phone.

Budget is 3-400 usd and maximum screen size is 5 inches

MotoG 3rd gen. Not even memeing. The battery life is god tier.

>Not just getting a Warp Elite like everyone else
Do you have a cuck fetish or something

Is the oneplus3 good if I don't care about expandable storage?

How easy it is to replace your own mobile phone screen? Can it be learned by someone with no tech experience?

>ancient 1080p screen from 2012
You tell me.

Not easy at all. You have to very carefully follow steps on how to replace it and one little mistake can fuck up everything. Take it to a phone repair shop instead.

it's pretty easy if you're careful and google it, also depends on the phone.

I'm from the last thread and already thinking of just getting rid of the phone seeing as it's costing me literally hundreds in repairs already. If I learned how to repair it myself though, I could keep using it for the next couple of years at least and save myself heaps of money.

>be me
>2016
>have an S3 mini
>help

Im from Germany, gonna use it with 1&1 which is the same as vodafone i guess (?) I just want it to be a smartphone also everyone I know has Pokemon GO except me soo thats that too.

Ill get a summer job but I actually already planned to invest all my money into a new PC which is also shit so it should be cheap but not soo cheap that its shit (like 250€ maybe).

Ive thought of the Honor 6 or the OnePlus 2 (as 3 is too expensive) but i dunno im asking you guys.

Kill yourself.

>ancient 1080p screen from 2012
don't trust this, the screen looks good if you're not a nerd who cares about how good it look if it's 1cm from your face.

actually true

my current phone is 720p so it's an upgrade anyway.

Sounds like you fags have never used a phone with a 1440p screen before. There is clearly a huge difference especially when reading text.

Why not just get an LG G2 then? 16GB variant still had a 1440p screen and is only $200 on amazon right now. Includes a msd slot as a bonus.

amazon.com/LG-G3-Metallic-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B00KKM2WT0

The amount you've spent on new screens is probably worth a galaxy S7, just buy a good used phone if you're so poor, the Z2 is shit anyway.

*LG G3

Shit, so I don't want a MASSIVE phablet, but the Redmi Note 3 looks god tier.

There's almost no dev support for it though. I would slap CM on there so fast

So whats Sup Forumss go to phone? any price point,

What the fuck does this even mean?

I still have mine and I love it. Put the Fulmics rom on it and it's almost like you own a G5.

that I dont know how to type :)

Hard to say. I almost always rec the Moto G, but I love my Nexus 5x

ofc theres a difference but you can live with a 1080p screen

>complains about OP3 being from 2012
>recommends a phone with 2013 parts which is in every way except screen worse
reported

the difference between 720p and 1080 is huge, 1080p and 1440p not so much.

AXON 7 IS ON AMAZON NIGGAS

amazon.com/ZTE-Axon-unlocked-smartphone-Warranty/dp/B01FUF1EL8

>tfw only $399 for SD 820, 1440p screen, and 20MP camera

Why not save up for an Axon 7 then?

DIGGITY DAMNNNNNN

I had no problems with how the phone operated, seemed like a bargain for £19.99 a month. Did everything I needed it to, and more. I just wish the cunt would stop smashing.

so, Ubuntu phones
thoughts?
should I get one if my goal is to save my privacy?

buy one of those super protective cases and a tempered glass screen protector.

Axon 7 vs OP3, which of these Chinky phones is the least stinky

Axon 7 hands down.

>Never settle(tm)
>releases a phone with am ancient 1080p screen
LMFAO

>phone
>privacy
pick one

don't listen to this retard memeing his oneplus hate, wait for some reviews of the axon, then decide.

thoughts on the s7?

You sound like a onecuck shill.

Yeah think that's my best bet - see if I can get the fucker repaired for cheap, wrap it up in cotton wool until the contract expires, then unlock it and keep it as a pay-as-you-go.

Good phone with a very noice camera. Too bad people won't get it because of the touchjizz meme which has no bearing in 2016 as the latest iteration is actually not that laggy.

So the Axon 7 is going to Daydream compatible, but the OP3 wont be because of the 1080p screen right?

What if I want a non chink phone for 450$ with a removable battery, are there any decent around that price range or am I screwed and should go higher?

Ok guys i need a bit of help.
I am having some issues with my new phone (pic related) running android 6.0
I was on an lg optimus f6 runing android 4.1.2
My issue is that i cant install apps to the sd card.
I did some googling and found that android 6.0 has the ability to format a micro sd card to be used as internal storage. But it has to be a high speed sd card. I checked to make sure the 32 gig card i got was indeed a high speed card.
It is a wintech filemate 33 gig card with the logos printed on it to certify it as high speed.
The issue is when i plugged it in the phone said jack shit to me about it except that a card had been plugged in. I navigated to the card in settings and formatted it. The guide online said i clshould be given the option to have it formatted into internal system memory. But the option never showed up.
The lgk10 i have is purchased from amazon as an unlocked phone. I am using it on the metropcs network.
Can you help me? Is my sd card lieing to me and do i need to go out and get one from a reputable brand?
Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can give.

Disregard the ZTE shill.

youtube.com/watch?v=AXF-J-zCKQM

youtube.com/watch?v=VN87cUqZN_Y

youtube.com/watch?v=iln4VouVW-Q

The Axon is complete shit.

It has shitton of dev support incl. CM13 and AOSP. what the hell are you smoking?

>Country
Canada

>Carrier
Telus (Corp plan)

>Budget
~500 CAD

>Features
Must support LTE band 4
Preferably OLED (love the display on my S5)
Preferably microSD slot (min 64GB storage otherwise)
Generally stronger specs than a Galaxy S5

I want to upgrade my phone but Telus won't discount a Galaxy S7 sufficiently for existing customers, so I'm looking into a BYOD plan with a less expensive phone, like the OnePlus 3. Is this realistic?

is there anyway to remove touchwiz?

>tfw what you bought is already absolute on the day it arrived

redmi 3s is slightly better version of redmi 3 it seems
and they do have pro version with 3/32GB

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-3s-3gb-32-gb

not to mention leeks about note 4

you retarded?

>MUH SPECS
KYS, chickshit.

>driving +77% more pixels should yield same performance

anyway, I did not watch the video, I just saw title, speed comparision and guy saying nonsense that only difference is the extra 2GB RAM on OP3
closed that utter garbage nonse and posted the resolution specs

Is there any reason to get a pay-monthly contract these days? Given that phone services are increasingly being replaced by internet-based services (e.g. Skype, WhatsApp), and WiFi is becoming more and more prevalent in public places, won't you save hundreds over the course of a phone contract if you switch to pay-as-you-go instead?

should I fall for the redmi note 3 pro meme?
what's the cheapest I can get it right now?
should I wait for a new xiaomi meme?

Wait for the RN4, it's being announced later this month.

note 4 wont have snapdragon... and only thing noteworthy is dual camera which is gimmick mostly also no one really knows when note 4 will be released. You might wait quite a few months, though should be this year

note 3 is decent and appart from LTE and no marshmallow its a perfect phone, if thats the size you want

Just got the moto g4 botnet edition, pretty good so far, just waiting on a custom rom to get rid of the botnet ads

moto x pure

Anyone have a decent recommendation for a 5 - 5.2 inch phone? Needs to have great battery life, perform well and not look like ass. Budget is ~800 CAD.

>just waiting on a custom rom to get rid of the botnet ads
Already done:
rootjunky.com/amazon-ads-bloat-removed-from-the-motorola-moto-g-4th-gen/

Femanon here, what are the top brands when it comes to optimization and software updates? Looking mainly for a sub 400$ phone with a smooth experience and good longevity.

Nice, thanks

why did you mention you're a femanon in the first place when its not even relevant? fuck off

S7 regular.

Wouldn't a Zuk Z2 accomplish the same things? Asking because the S7 is slightly outside of my budget.

>Never heard of the femanon meme

No Canadian telco bands.

Where can I buy the global variant of the redmi note 3 pro? The ones I see on gearbest and banggood all seem to be china only.
I need that sweet band 2 and band 4 LTE

Check Amazon or eBay or whatever. If you want performance and outstanding battery life it's the only real option.

redmi 3 pro or redmi 3s pro
720p with 4100 mAh
probably top phone with battery life except some special huge freaks with 10 000 mAh

Whats the best price/performance powerbank that i can carry in my pocket for my phone?

Get the 3S Pro if you can live with the gold color and no CM support, otherwise stick with the 3 Pro.
Difference between them isn't that huge after all.

Looking for a phone to replace my galaxy S4.
Mostly looking for something with an IR Blaster and a removable battery.

Ideally an SD card slot too but that is less important than the other two features. So far it's looking like my best bet is the Note 4 which odd since both it and the S4 are three or four years old

just get a 6p meme

Contemplating getting a phone that can't be rooted. What will I miss out on?

adblocker?

Is there really no way to root the Z5 without unlocking the bootloader?

this good dick

Hey Sup Forums, contemplating getting a iPhone 6s because of the jailbroken apps. Why can't Android have the same variety :(

Was thinking of getting the LG X Power, but with the Moto E3 reveal, I'm thinking of waiting.

Will the E3 come out in Canada around September?

damn, that's making it hard

Where were you when axon 7 didn't live up to it's meme height?

>Country
USA
>Carrier
Verizon
>Budget
Whatever
>Preferences
I want a flagship, deciding between HTC 10 and LG G5. Need a great audio component and just generally, which phone does Sup Forums prefer?

iPhone SE

HTC M9

Hey Sup Forums, i'm looking for a new phone around 250 eurobucks (no chinkphones). what do you recommend? is the samsung galaxy a3 good?

Canada, Wind, $250
Looking for an Android with an SD card slot and decent battery

htc 10

Axon Meme 7

Not him but I am having similar problem. Been looking for under $100 device unlocked because I need it in the USA and Europe.

The prices of the phones in Europe are at least 100€ higher than US$ price which makes it cheaper to just buy in USA.

ATT has a Gophone iPhone 5S for $200 and it can be unlocked after six months of service, it is looking mighty fine deal. Everything else comes to near the $200 mark. So what do?

>flagship
Kek

Xperia z3 or z4 (z3+), faggot. Don't fall for the Samsung shilling.

Please elaborate
steve jobs ghost pls go

I'm also with Wind, and I'm thinking of buying an Xperia Z3 off eBay. The Z2 I was using finally became unusable due to touch-screen issues (never buy used), and my backup phone is violently shitting the bed due to Bell rom issues.

ebay.ca/itm/Sony-XPERIA-Z3-D6603-LTE-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-20-7MP-5-2-2-5GHz-Quad-Core-/381415518488?var=&hash=item58ce22f118:m:mUUavFx2hUcd_RaiUOp1uuw
Just make sure you get the D6603 model number or it won't be compatible with the main towers.

well I chose the SE because its small design and great battery life. the aesthetics are on .

Did someone say Z3c? Because it's better than the SE in every conceivable way. Enjoy your NoFC and gimped everything.

>the aesthetics are on
>60.8% screen-to-body ratio
>aesthetics
kek

If you care about audio go with the htc 10. It has dual speakers and a great DAC.

Anyone running cyanogenmod? Is it worth me installing or shall I stick with the current os on my s5?