Worthless/failed tech shit

Steam controller was the biggest waste of my hard earned cash.

Valve can't do hardware. Why the fuck do they keep trying. What do they have to gain?

The steam controller was awful but honestly if they just redo big picture then the steam box wouldn't be as terrible

>mfw steam controller fags complain about games not working with their meme peripheral while my Dualshock 3 instantly works perfectly with everything
Speaking of why tier valve hardware, are steam machines even still a thing?

Meme machines pretty much faded away after valve released them, although I really wasn't interested judging that they can hardly make a functional game browser let alone a standalone console

>steam controller is bad meme

I bought one when it came it out, and it's easily better than the 360 controller I was used to, after I played with the Steam controller for a few hours. It's not perfect, and anyone who says it is should have their head checked out, but it's still a solid piece of hardware if you're willing to spend 10 minutes fucking around with it. Maybe it's better for me with my laptop when I'm on the couch, but being able to sit back and relax while lazily using the SC to read or watch videos is pretty nice. There's even some fun in getting games with complex (well, compared to the average game) controls to work with the SC legitimately well.

The link on the other hand, is a fucking inconsistent, buggy waste of money. Fuck that thing. Same goes for Big Picture, it's shit too. And probably steam machines as well.

The entire Steam Machine was a complete failure

>hard earned

This thing should cost you like 1.5hrs wage.

Just go take a 10minute shit each day for a fortnight on work time. You just earned a steam controller whilst shitting.

I'm currently using my meme controller to change episodes that I'm streaming so I don't have to get up.

This is the only use that it gets. It's just not as good as the Xbox controller as far as accuracy so I don't see how it's viable to use.

With that being said, the amount of times that I've not had to stand up, it has probably paid for itself

I used it for the Dark Souls series, Dishonored, most of a Half Life 2 run, and I got Receiver to work with it despite having to bind over 20 inputs. I probably got my money's worth just from dicking around with settings when it first came out. As for accuracy, maybe I'm just used to using trackpads anyway (using a laptop trackpad for over 5000 hours in various types of games, including FPS games, will do that), but I found it was fairly accurate. I'd much rather take a regular mouse over it if I was really trying to win, but for just playing for fun I found it good enough.

Yeah but you just said fortnight and whilst so who's really the faggot here?

It's you. You're a faggot.

It works for me

I like my steam controller :c

oh shit. sorry sempi :(

Steam controller is really bad, but Steam Link is actually really neat.

I really like my steam controller
I use it for dark souls and platformers and it works fine. It's pretty damn nice for Civ 5 too

The whole steam controller thing is a scam to launder all the coke money.

Source: I'm Gabe Newell

It's honestly not a bad couch/bed computer browsing solution

What's wrong with the steam controller? I really liked mine?

You don't sound so sure? So maybe you should back the fuck off!?

literally the best controller on the market

I'm actually loving my steam controller.

Picked one up during the sale.
It's not terrible, just hard at first to get used to it. I hate that unless i add a game/program through steam( really hated the fact that you have to find this out yourself instead of it just telling you). i have to go into big picture, and switch the layout then get out of big picture. if its still connected and am playing lets say csgo, it using the shitty big picture overlay instead of the normal one, and I have to exit, disconnect it, then re launch to get the normal one. i also hate that if you dont have steam launched the default layout is ass and doesnt work with anything other than simple desktop navigation.
but once you get used to it , and get some decent configs set up its not so bad. at normal price would it have been worth it? fuck no.

Wait...sorry about that, not coke laundering. I hired 24 wheel truck full of tijuana hookers and organized a party, no one showed up. Its depressing so i have to use coke as an excuse...what went wrong with my life ? My hairstylist said "Just...." And stop cutting my hair and trimming my beard or even dying my hair, the chef kept making pop tarts with spaghetti in it, i love it. But my life...is...half life 3.

>best controller

For an autist yeah. Shit isnt even designed right in the first place.

Eh, I use mine in Big Picture mode on a desktop hooked up to TV. It works pretty well for me, lets me play a lot of games well that'd be useless with a regular gamepad, particularly first person games using the gyro. The left trackpad doesn't get much use other than touch menus, it's a shitty replacement for a D-pad and platformers are bad on it unless you like using analogue movement.
I love the amount of customisation in the software though, makes a lot of games easier with the right setup. Well worth it for me.

agree, i tried to use it with fighting/racing games but that shit is unusable, even with fps/rts/tactical strategy like xcom 2 it's too annoying to use and every single second i just wanted to grab mouse and kb

also i used it with dark souls 3 and i'd rather play with m+kb than this shitty controler

>whilst is no longer considered a normal word

w e w
e
w

>a controller that only works while Steam is running
>good
no

>I connected my dualshock 2 controller to my xbox and it's not working whats I do wrong guis

> Valve can't do hardware. Why the fuck do they keep trying. What do they have to gain?

I think the real reason is their employees want to do it. I mean there is obviously a push from the top to get into the hardware space, the question with the steam controller was more could they do it internally - and it was a big failure from a 'is this useful'

Notice how valve went to HTC to do the Vive and it was a big success.

The Link isn't that bad since you have free Valve Complete Pack 20xx (and lookie, even preorder bonus of games you have purchased after release date), but only if you have a mac or hackintosh to activate that, so yeaaah.

Preordered one. Still haven't used it because it can't update its firmware / get configured without big picture mode, which insta-crashes steam.
>literally a very expensive paperweight for me

We're all fagggots brah

The Steam controller is great for people (nerds) who use their PC in their living room. It's obviously designed for Steam machines and/or Big Picture mode. It is clearly not meant to be a hugely popular Xbox controller replacement.

It works well as a controller that can adapt to many styles of gameplay. The trackpads are weird, but definitely more accurate than an analog stick once you get used to them.

If you don't play Steam games in your living room, or if you're already satisfied with your current control-method(s), then you don't need a Steam controller.

I prefer it over my Xbox360 controller. Especially when playing games that don't have well designed controller support and when typing anything in BPM.

This

How the fuck do you deem an analog stick usable for accuracy? I'm aiming way better in FPSs with the SC than with any analog stick.

Not an argument.