I fell for the meme

I fell for the meme...

... u seriously bought a thinkpad??? dafuq that is like the shittiest school computer ever

>Linux

I'm so sorry m8.

lmao I can't believe you seriously fell for that meme

that t41 looks nice.

>falling for the linux meme
>in the year 2016
lmao

dont let the macfags get to you op thinkpad/linux master race

Not really my cup of tea but to each, their own. Hope you will enjoy it for as long as it will last.

i, too, fell for the meme.

>computers

We told you to stick to an abacus, pleb. You get what you deserve.

I still believe. I want a t420 so bad...

BLAZE IT

>falling for memes

There's a lot of people in this meme hole.

>that delicious flexview
feels good man

I felt the same, got one, and honestly it's really a good computer but the screen is unbearably bad, would not reccommend.

Isn't it possible to mod the screen?

Yeah but not much, I think Sup Forums recommends the x220, that one has good screen replacement possibilities if I remember correctly. Shouldve gotten that one instead. But the 420 was dirt cheap where I got it.

bought a t61 and a t430 at the same time, no meme for me.

Bought one for my folks who are seniors. Great piece of kit moreso if you update it with an ssd. Plenty good for light games email etc.

Well I'm not getting the 420 for media, it'll be my linux/Sup Forums/meme machine. I might play openmw on it though...

I got a t520 with a 1080p screen that is breddy gud. Almost exactly the same machine as the t420 but a little bigger.
You want them pixels for reading, m8.

Oh, it's an excellent shitposting/Linux machine, that's what I use it for, but youtube videos etc. are absolute horrifying to watch on it. I can play Halo on wine with no problems so it should easily be capable of running openmw

Yeah, but I got my 420 for 120€ refurbished and all that, I already have another laptop with 1080p as well.

I got an x220t with an x230t non-ghosting IPS replacement screen, SSD, and 16gb ram for like two hundred dollars a couple years ago. It's been pretty darn solid. I just keep it around as my travel and troubleshooting computer, but I honestly wouldn't mind if it was my only one. It still runs modern games and stuff just fine. I was kind of surprised really since it's just onboard graphics.

Runs really hot when you work it hard though.

Dayum is the text really that bad? Muh 420 blaze it...muh keyboard...

It's the worst screen I've ever seen in a laptop. There is literally a colour shift between the top and bottom when viewing from a normal angle.

Yeah it's pretty bad, wasn't expecting much when I bought it, but it still managed to disapoint me

Hmmm, what would you reccomend? I liked the price of the 420 being under $300 or even under $200. This will be my first laptop and I want to use it to learn computer sciences and meme magic.

Think outside of the pad

Anything else, even the T410, X220, and T430 are nowhere near as bad. T5xx screens actually tend to be quite good (for TN) if you can stand a fuckhuge frame around the keyboard.

Elitebooks are nice to work with, but their thermals are terrible and keyboards are not as good as Thinkpads or even Latitudes.

Think outside the book. :^)

It has its downsides like everything else, but I'm more happy with it compared to the X220 I used before.
Would be nice if I could upgrade the stock LCD though.

Get the x220, very portable and easily customizable.

I've heard many things about this x220. Can it summon Richard Stallman? I am not opposed to the idea of risking a mod in the future.

It has the same display as the t420 though??

T420 usually has 1600x900 and x220 is usually 1366x768

>T420 usually has 1600x900
lolno

T420 is 14", X220 is 12", how could they use the same panel? X220 also has an IPS option.

No, if you want to forge a pact with Stallman your only options are the T/X60 and T/X400. Everything else is stuck with a non-free bios and cpu microcode. T60 can have a gorgeous 1600x1200 IPS screen as seen here . However, you're stuck with 2nd gen C2D and those screens are quite rare.

I want a thinkpad.

I wish that I was a thinkpad.

welcome to the club of people who fell for biggest meme

well then correct me instead of just being a 13 year old?

I don't play games often, but my Thinkpad is so comfy

I'm not a pretentious person, so the integrated graphic processor works well for me to enjoy some Fallout New Vegas in my spare time.

Fell for the meme and enjoyed every cent out of it

T410 and X220 here.

I want to fall for the meme but

>1366x768

If they only continued their X-Tablet series. All these Yoga devices are not the same.

dare you to play it with the trackpoint.

Hello, Louis!
I really enjoy your videos.

Did it for ResearchPurposes™, it just works fine, but it's like playing with a PlayStation or Xbox controller analog stick, plus with Fallout, the Trackpoint buttons don't work well, which is kind of a bummer

HELLO WOOWEE

>tfw W520 with 1920x1080 screen
manlets need not apply

t420 from european\uk sellers
200+ euros

t420 from US sellers
120 euros (haha no fuck you here's 30 euro import charge and 50 euro shipping)

i just want a 150 euro thinkpad.

fuck local seller they all want over 250 for anything with an i5

are we posting rare rossmans

This. I just want that sweet swivel hinge.

Did you search on eBay?

yeah ebay is what im talking about
the actual price for t420's are good but as i said the shipping and import charges makes them even with dumb euro prices

>thinkpad
>shittiest school computer ever
pls get the fuck outta Sup Forums you fcking stupid twat

/thread

>tfw x201 with affs-panel.

>for as long as it will last

Do you mean forever?
I've never had a thinkpad die on me.

why do they always look greasy???