Post times you found great used deals on hardware

>tfw had 2 gtx 680's been wanting to upgrade to an rx 480
>go on craigslist
>someone selling r9 290x for 170$
>benchmarks are identical to rx 480, buy it since it has a water cooler with it on reference
>i already have a rm1000 watt psu since i used to have 2 680's
>plug it in (never daisy chain because im paranoid)
>go to speccy after driver
>r9 295x2

post times you got great deals on used hardware

I got my 4GB gtx 680 for 50aud, and almost a year later I got a free Korean ips monitor, 30 inch 1600p.

How can someone confuse a 290x with a 295x2? I mean thats a killer deal for you but whoever sold that is a chump.

Post yfw op starts getting artifacts and glitches this time next week

Quit shitposting

OP here, I wouldn't be surprised, but if not that shit would be dank, from the sounds of it a 16 year old was selling his older brothers pc piece by piece because he gave it to him, he could've been smart but he looked like he had never played vidya in his life, total chad

here's hoping

Also picked up an XPS 8500 with an i7 3770 and 12GB for $175. Guy was moving back to Norway and wanted $275 for his 24" monitor and the PC, I said I'd take it even though I didn't want the monitor, then he asked if I could wait a week since he wanted to use the monitor until their flight. I asked if I could pick up the PC (with no intention of ever coming back for the monitor). He said $100. I said $175, because I'm not a jerk.

Though he might have said $100 because the hard drive has 4 bad sectors, and it had a loose SATA cable on top of it that made it run like crap. But after fixing the cable it works great. It's encoding right now.

* and then there's this sitting on my CL right now. Unfortunately I don't have the money for it.

>found a working i7 2700k and motherboard in a dumpster
>overclocked the fuck out of it, put a nice heatsink on it
>its now my main machine

also

>local computer recycling center puts broken graphics cards off to the side because they know ill buy em (i collect them)
>the dead ones they sell for 5$ to me
>can usually bake em or replace the fan and get them working again
>good ones they usually look on ebay to see what they could get for em and then sell them to me for 75% of that
>go in one day
>they have a 280x
>got it for 30$
>was near-new, works flawlessly

Been getting deals like that for about 5 years now from them. They like me because nobody is gonna buy a 10 year old broken graphics card.

bought a Gainward 770 4GB a month before the 970 got released for $200 brand new.
they were sold out within 5 min.

Do you factor in the money spent on useless GPUs when you look at the 280x?

30 dollars is a fantastic deal, but you also spent a shit tonne on other potentially useless shit

i collect em though.
Its fun.

Got an 8800 ultra?
My first gpu was a blower 8800 ultra

yeah its near the rocking chair.
Also have two 8800gtx and a few 8800gts

I can see it, fuck that brings back memories.

Thank you user.
If you're in aus I can help with the collection, my family has a pc shop

Next time i go to quakecon ill look around, otherwise i stay in MA

HD5970 pulled from a dead alienware

Nice hobby,looks neat

>ultra

$170 for 295?x2

Im so jelly right now.

$50 for an intel 520 240gb new in box