amazon.com/gp/product/B016ICZC7Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
matt3o.com/the-future-of-granite/
originativeco.com/products/modern-beige
ebay.com/itm/272308260658?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

placebo

second for overpriced meme peripherial

lmao

Its alright if you dont understand we dont care but would be nice of you just make another thread or something to cry about it

My Filco Majestouch 2 red switch keyboard just arrived as my first time mechanical keyboard, its an solid feeling mechnical keyboard, not sure if thats worth the £120

Good choice IMO. You'll see its value in time, or at least I did with my first mech.

now you can pimp it with some awesome keycaps

yo Sup Forums i've been looking into getting a mechanical keyboard since april last year, but i haven't because i forgot

I was originally thinking of getting a CM quickfire tk, but the price went from $130 to $160 in like 1 day last august

>Budget
around $150~200nzd
>Location (continent at least)
NZ (pricespy.co.nz)
>Preferred switch type
cherry blue > red > brown
>Layout
I don't know
>Form factor
Full size pref. 10keyless is ok
>Backlight
would be nice
>Previous/current keyboards
I am literally using a keyboard that has "Made for Windows 98" written on the box, and it came with a floppy disk (which I can only assume contained the drivers for media buttons). Literally anything would be an upgrade

Advice: Don't buy keyboards advertised as gaming keyboards.

Would changing the keycaps just mean changing the looks of your keyboard?

is it still worth it to buy a filco

Is a mechanical keyboard better in )-Rings or without them?

and the feel depending on what keycaps you get

What type of keycaps does the Filco Majestouch 2 use? I can't seem to find information for this anywhere

thin abs with pad printing
a clear protective coat is applied over the entire keycap
they're a satin smooth texture

thats a good thing right?

Place to buy SA keycaps that aren't sold out?

no

most would say no
it's just cheap

keyboardco.com/product/double_shot_filco_104_key_usa_keyset.asp

my Filco Majestouch 2 came with a ps/2 port, would it be better if I used that adapter? I heard that uising ps/2 is better than usb

It costed me £120 and it gives me a shitty keycap, why did people recommend the keyboard then?

>keyboardco.com/product/double_shot_filco_104_key_usa_keyset.asp
>Out Of Stock
m8.. I

All it does in practice is make the connector twice as long.

i haven't found another board that is the same quality besides topre
mostly every board in the same price range uses the same type of keycaps anyway
there's nothing really wrong with them

that is literally the only place you will find SA outside of qroup buys, and it's not sculpted
they have ISO sets in stock if you need some special snowflake yuropean layout

>Budget
200€ max
>Location
Finland
>Pref switches
Cherry mx blue
>Layout
don't care as long as i have muh scandinavian elf runes on it
>Form factor
Tkl preferred but fullsize is acceptable
>Backlight
RGB would be nice to match the orange leds on my mouse and pc
>Previous keynoards
A microsoft ergo keyboard i cant remember the exact model and various laptop keyboards.

I need

>Cherry MX Green
>ANSI with Numpad
>No Backlighting
>PBT Keycaps

I'm in the US and down to pay whatever.

massdrop.com/buy/varmilo-108-keyboard
how long do you want to wait

So quick question im buying a keyboard from China yoycart.com/Product/42150738895/# and it says that the color classification is black blue axis what does it mean?

i dont understand why people make posts like this
is this your way of saying you appreciate rsi or are you too poor to afford one and have to start an inferiority complex

pic related is the keyboard if you don't want to click on the link

hold on now most good mechanical keyboards can be had for 50-60 bucks with genuine cherry mechanical switches. Its just that some of these custom 60% keyboards cost like 200 dollars which i just don't understand.

>Cherry MX green
just get a model m dawg

I think theres a cheaper option on taobao. Most shipping is 110rmb but if u contact the seller directly and ask it should be cheaper. Also is there chink text. They probably used a shit translator

>black shaft
>CF the keyboard LOL

kek

>that arrow cluster and numpad

nope

>60% keyboards cost like 200 dollars
this makes me cringe
along with a certain rubber dome brand that costs $270+

Just copped amazon.com/gp/product/B016ICZC7Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
gonna paint it. Any suggestions on how to?

>100$-200$
>UK
>Red or Blue (have only ever used blue previously)
>Preferrably with no numpad
>White LEDs
>Previously used Corsair K75 with blues and loved it.

Looking at getting the K60 for the no numpad feature. Media player controls are a big thing for me.

The K75 is great and I loved it, but I'm after something that's a bit better looking that would go well with my current black and white set-up

>typing on shitty Logitech keyboard at mother's house all day
>coming back home to this
The difference is enormous

>good
>cherry

*tips gaterons*

Is there a reason (some) keyboards don't come with lubed stabilizers, other than cost cutting? My Das Memeboard came with squeaky stabilized keys out of the box, and lubing was a pain in the ass since I didn't take the case off (voids warranty).

>this is the last round
>granite will never run again
>after this I'm done

Topo keko.
matt3o.com/the-future-of-granite/

originativeco.com/products/modern-beige

Should I buy, does any hardcore mkg nerd have some kind of caps that are similar, so I know what I'm actually spending money on?

do it

Just buy something normal, get some caps, turn any backlighting off if necessary, and hey presto!

is that the one made in mexico?

No it's a painted Model M lexmark with a custom made industrial replica black badge.

well you're paying for a custom board and more or less exclusivity but considering that almost all 60% are about $100 i guess you can still argue those are too expensive comparatively to those $50-60 boards
hhkbs were $200 for the longest time recently bumped up to $230
don't knock topre until you've tried it
not being able to afford a keyboard doesn't make it bad

ebay.com/itm/272308260658?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Buy my keyboard

You do realise your own Sup Forums right? Where the solid majority of threads are 80% shit posting?

give me free shipping to Sweden and ill buy it for 50 dollars

pure love.

what is the name of that dress?

Where'd you get those caps m8?

I dont even slav runes

Holy shit, that's fucking awesome. Would buy in a heartbeat

What keyboard is this? Been seeing them, don't know what they're called. Would love to have this plus some english/cyrillic key caps.

Ty mate, it isn't completely finished yet. I'm going to need to sand some of the plastic underneath the badge so it sits flush to the case

Just a Nixeus Moda / Noppoo lolita that I painted white and replaced switches. You can find factory white lolitas tho, but they only come with kailh switches.

Looked em up. Damn those are nice, pretty damn affordable too. Very cool.

ukkeycaps

I'm prepared to get laughed at.

>Budget
$70 - $80

>Location
USA

>Preferred switch type
Blue is ideal.

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
TenKeyless

>Backlight
I would really like them, but I feel is impossible in this price range.

>Previous/current keyboard
trash

The CM storm quickfire rapid seems perfect. Looks good, tenkeyless... but it doesn't have backlighting.

60€ are overpiced? How poor are you?

click click clack i'm a real gaymer/10

Thanks ;)

Since when are blue switches preferred by gaymurs.

you can get good mechs for much less then 60 euros aswell

I just received some brown switches for my first Mech keyboard. It's definitely louder than my membrane one, just curious is the brown switches bump supposed to be noticeable? Cause I can barely feel it.

Really? You must be mashing your keys! I have browns and can feel the bump quite clearly.

with that kind of money i can just buy an IBM model m ssk or even a model m 13 and have a real exclusive keyboard and not just some over priced hipster garbage

Exactly. HHKB is fucking garbage, idc what these retards say.

Well I don't type lightly. I'm guessing that's just because it's a habit from typing on membranes for so long?

you probably have gateron browns or type VERY lightly
almost everyone says the tactility in cherry browns is barley noticable

My PBT keycaps should be here today

my body is ready

Do you ever find yourself being like "fuck what key do I need again?"

i don't think you would get blanks if you don't know where they keys are without looking at them

Could be, I have to adjust my typing. I say adjust, I mean learn to type properly and not just ram down my keys.

Defiantly cherrys, and I defiantly don't type _very_ lightly. I have o rings on my caps which stops me bottoming out, I have also been making more of an effort to type lighter. I'm not saying the bump is in your face, but I can defiantly feel it.

Pretty much everyone can touch type but its nice to be able to look down and refresh your memory if you have a brain fart.

Or if you work from home and actually get into stressful situations that lead to you occasionally cocking up while typing because this needs to be done within 5 minutes before we send the sheet off to the batch masters and oh my fucking god why is it not working.

It's not some elite thing and it looks retarded.

Only when i need to input a long-ass password.

if you're on windows you could just open on screen keyboard if you need to "refresh your memory"

So which switch should I get if I want to feel the bump? I might return these browns.

quiet? Clears
Loud? Blues or the stiffer greens

yeah or you could like type "keyboard" into google

gateron browns gateron tactile clears/zealios or cherry clears

Or just an old board. Cherry browns used to be way more tactile than the ones sold currently. My old Filco feels more tactile than my gateron browns, while my new quickfire feels almost linear. Could also be related to switch position, as pretty much every backlit keyboard uses swtiches mounted upside down.

there is nothing wrong with high quality all metal construction for a 60% keyboard but anything more than $150 is just too much

Does anyone have experience with the "CM Storm QuickFire TK" series? I have a tenkeyless chink brand right now from a few years back but I'm really missing the numpad. This thing seems ideal for me.

>gaymer font = stock keycaps are shit
>nonstandard bottom row = stock keycaps are nearly impossible to replace
>awful branding on the keyboard = D R O P P E D

nobody?

I use one at work, don't get it. The other guy was right, the stock caps are junk and they have this weird ass rubberized texture which wears off quickly and goes shiny.
The keys are non-standard so you can't replace them with doubleshot caps for example. Get something else and you'll thank me later.

Pretty sure that's the only stock mech with a layout like that. The other options are customs that'll cost way more.

Wait, what? And by good mech, you mean 66% secondhand broken kbs from ebay right?

As the proud owner of the first post and two mechanical keyboards I'd like to tell you you're taking Sup Forums way too seriously.

nah you can get some good chink boards with gateron switches (better then cherry) for like 40 dollar (magicforce for example)

but you can also find model m's (best keyboard ever) in thrift shops for next to nothing

Finally got the badge to sit flush! Double sided tape > hot glue it seems

spacebar

pretty beautiful
is it bolt modded?

ugly

it isn't, all the rivets are still in place surprisingly.