I'm building a computer for the first time. I've pretty much got all the pieces sorted out, but stumped on an OS

I'm building a computer for the first time. I've pretty much got all the pieces sorted out, but stumped on an OS.

Is Windows 10 is bad actually just a meme, or should I just go for 7?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking/releases
github.com/alirobe/sysadmin-scripts/blob/master/windows10/reclaimWindows10.ps1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>windows

Windows 7 isn't a bad choice, you still have 2 weeks to decide if you want 10

I would suggest not asking Sup Forums for advice. Sup Forums is a meme in itself. If I were you. I would go with Windows. Despite the GNU/Linux zealots out there.

only if youre like the retard last night who thought he fried his computer with win 10

In Windows 8.1 update 3, several security improvements were made, including the introduction of Control Flow Guard and improvements to ASLR. I would advise that these security improvements are important, and so you either deal with Windows 8.1 update 3, which is shit, or use Windows 10, which is less shit. All of the base stuff in Windows 10 can be modified out. Also, Windows 10 is essentially the only option for a Skylake system, if you are using that.

In any case, you should at least upgrade your copy of Windows 7 before the deadline, and if you really hate Windows 10, simply rollback right after, so that that way if you change your mind later and decide that you do want Windows 10, you still have that option.

i have win10, it's pretty comfy once you remove ads, store and other cancer.
yes my name is pajeet.

*all the bad stuff in

>Install W7 pro/ult
>Daz that shit
>Upgrade to w10 pro
>Format
>Install W7 and daz it again

They you stay in 7 untill issues happen and then go to W10 as microshill servers already have your motherboard with a valid key registered.

And by that time who know what will happen, see the W10 Enterprise suscription shit, and god know what would happen with MTK/KMS or the spyware crap by that time, maybe M$ shit on everything and launch W10.1 just to force everyone to upgrade or stay obsolotebutnocompletely like XP.

10 actually is bad. Has a shit UI, ads in the smart menu, telemetry, doesn't offer anything useful compared to 7/8.1 aside from DX12, forced updates with no choice of what updates you want to install, and overall just sucks.

windows 7 works fine with skylake

L I N U X

>windows 7 works fine with skylake

it's a bitch to install on skylake.

I had to do some weird shit with the BIOS and make a usb key differently.
I gave up and installed Win10. best decision of my life.

that has to do with your mobo.

Ihad no issue installing win 7 on mine

If you're going to use Wangblows you use the latest version. Don't act dumb.

The problem is windows 7 doesn't have the usb 3.0 driver by default. Each mobo manufacturer is supposed to put out their own utility for updating the ISO before install

Buy 7, use it to get 10 license but keep 7.

pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

If you are planning on using this computer for games, then go for windows. If you are not planning on gaming with this computer then just go with linux because it is free.

10 Rs have been deducted from your account for suggesting improvements.

What is your intention?

If you intend on doing ANY gaming, windows. If you want it to just work, Windows.
If you have any interest in how it operates / customisation, try a Linux distribution.

Quick question. Has there been a way to circumvent shit like the forced updates on Windows 10? Or do I have to put up with it?
I've been out of the loop with this and I want to upgrade mostly because of the Win10 exclusive games that are coming out, as well as the DX12 meme

github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking/releases

github.com/alirobe/sysadmin-scripts/blob/master/windows10/reclaimWindows10.ps1

Makes Windows 10 very good

I use AutoCAD boss.

Inb4 WINE

t. Not OP.

Use those

Just make sure to not do the "remove the search thingy" one

Go 7 or 8.1

Install gentoo

What does that second one do, exactly?

Lots of stuff
Read through it
The only one I didn't apply was the removal of the search bar

Unless you only own Valve games. Then Linux is fine.

not OP but what if you disable all the telemetry using the Enterprise version and block all communications with a router, would you be more safe if you do that?