I would like to abandon virtualbox

I would like to abandon virtualbox
I am trying qemu/KVM using virtumanager

but it feels slow, and mouse feels jerky, windows animation seems few frams slower...

its not some utter shit, it just does not feel as good as virtualbox

is there some guest addition packake or some proven tricks to get it working?

I mean fuck, there are videos of people having gpu on pass-through and playing games on KVM
it cant be fucking slower than comfy virtual box, right?

bump

Works for me.

both windows and linux systems without a hitch
no issues whatsover, everything worked right out of the box, you did not need to pass 12 parameters to get everything setup ideally or to get the virtual machine on the same network as the host?

Check out the VirtualBox and Virtualization sections of the Arch Wiki.They cover a lot of helpful tips.

yeah, so far works. ofc I don't use it for something intensive. Just a test field for a Windows 7 machine and some pfSense im testing right now.

I am installing ubuntu right now and the way mouse works is driving me crazy

the moment its captured the sensitivity completely changes
I will try running it with "-usbdevice tablet" to avoid moues capture but shit... it just all feels so inferior to virtualbox.. which justwork

I really don't have that problem either, VMBox is literally ready to work out of the box. what OS are you running?

Does KVM/QEMU/Virtman have:
1. Seamless mode
2. USB interface pasthrough
3. Shared Clipboard
4. Shared folder?

what do people even use vm's for

Why not? Windows is malware vulnerable so containing it in a VM makes sense

Black mouse is my host system mouse
When I click in to the guest system, the mouse gets captured and turns white and all shitty...

its all fucked up
annyone had to solve this on KVM-QEMU?

Use usbtabletdevice.

That's what I'm wondering too.
Why can't you just plug in new Hdd and install os on it. Is it about network security issues?

1. need to do some shit in excel? fire up VM in matter of 15 seconds
2. need to check if shit you are working on works on ubuntu, opensuse, fedora and arch? fire them all up and test. Same goes for testing for windows 7, 8, 10,...
3. want to run some shit but not sure if malware? run it in VM
4. want to setup a clean portable system to do a single task? setup vm thats easy to backup, easy to snapshot

I played so many hours of these games in my windows boxes

seems annoying to set up...you don't get access to like the full memory/computer i guess unless you set it up right which seems annoying...you can't use the wifi card and won't really be on the actual network...guess thats good tho for viruses....the only uses i see for it is if you are downloading a bunch of nonsense that could have viruses or if you are doing security testing stuff

1. ??? why not just fire up excel regularly...oh i guess your on lonix
2. why would you need to check this??
3. k
4. why not just do the task on your own machine?...meh i imagine there is SOMETHING out there that would be good to do in a clean portable thing VM but i cant think of anything that i wouldn't just do regularly without the VM...or might use like AWS or something

sauce

>matter of 15 seconds
1. Pause VM
2. Keep it open in another workplace
> why would you need to check this
Devwork

Not many real reasons to actually install windows outside a VM these days

really?
go ask about Witch Trainer

>why not just fire up excel regularly...oh i guess your on lonix
>Implying Excel doesn't work in WINE
>Implying anyone wants POS wincuck botnet embedded in a Linux system
>Implying you are over 18

>i suppose you could use excel with wine
>we were talking about VM's though
>i imagine there are some people who use windows in a VM on a linux system
>pls no bully

Having wincuck botnet in a container that it cant break out of, only has access to the hardware you need it to have, and has no information in it other than what you want it to have. Really doing a lot of damage there to your system.

>install Vmware Workstation
>google a key
>problem fixed