Why is razer generally disliked among enthusiasts?

Why is razer generally disliked among enthusiasts?

because they make low quality products, target them at teenage boys and sell them at a premium price

No clue. I've had a Blade 14 ever since it first came out and other than the battery capacity crapping out (as all laptop batteries tend to do after several years), it's been the best I've ever owned.

>low quality
can agree to an extent, the plastic is a bit cheap but logitech keyboards aren't any better

>target them at teenage boys
how? colors? nigger isn't "pretty colors" the thing a teenage girl says when she buys shit?

I got a naga I've had for 5 years. But I'm lucky it's so old I can use the old drivers. But I won't ever buy another one because I'll have to use synapse.

Most of them are poor...

This is confusing, Razer is the same as Corsair in terms of price, so how would being poor affect anything?

Gay boys that are 12+ or those 10-12 that go "awe sick deyude 'oly crep muh rûm will be a chick den mang"

People who call themselves "Gamers" are cancer, that's why.

Then how do you call someone that plays videogames?

You just play games, no need to have a special snowflake name.

The DA Chroma is probably the best mouse I've ever used, and I'm someone who used an IMO 1.1 for most of my life up until USB 3.0 made all polling rate mods worthless. No idea if their other stuff is shitty or not, I see polarizing posts in mouse/keyboard threads depending on what product is being discussed

Also: people who can't appreciate accent lighting on ANY of their shit are probably boring as fuck

nobody said logitech was better either

Bought two Razer products in the past (Death stalker and Deathadder). The keyboard was terrible, absolutely shit feeling when typing on it (my Logitech K120 keyboard was more comfy and it cost $20.)

The mouse was mediocre. I didn't like having to install a program that constantly runs in the background just to get the thing to work.

And don't get me started on the headsets. The Kracken has the worst minds I've heard ever from headphones in its price range. (Never bought them, but I've used them several different times from different people to listen to music.

Overall, Razer is why i figured out the real"premium" to gaming products is nothing more than a label and muh LEDs.

also using the DA, most responsive mouse ive ever used
i wouldnt recommend it to anyone with hands under 20cm though

you can just install the programm, play with the settings and then uninstall it, it will store all the settings on your device

>Over priced meme gear
You can get better gear for the same price and less. Also why the fuck would anyone want an LED mousepad anyway?

Sennheiser for audio, Corsair/IBM for keyboards, and Logitech for mice and you can't go wrong.

>falling for the Corsair meme
Just as bad as Razer

Razer has very decent products. You don't really have to boy all that glowing shit. They have normal keyboards and mice too.

Razer blackwidow and deathadder are god tier. And the best thing is they are cheap.

"Gamer" used to mean someone who makes it a profession.
I won't forget an azn guy from my clan from 10 years ago, he farmed 16 hours per day, then he ate and took a nap and his brother farmed the remaining 8 hours. He made solid bucks with his farming, enough to be a baller in the asian shithole he was from.
Not even mentioning he had a god-tier character and knew the dungeons by heart, so he offered paid dungeon tours.

Now it just means "someone who plays games".

I get triggered when someone unironically says that they are "gaming"

Any mouse with a good sensor will perform like that, the difference is that the Razer has terrible build quality with huge failure rates and it's around twice as heavy as a gaming mouse should be which precludes it from being good for FPS or RTS games.

They're shit compared with the competition.

I've had 2 deathadders. Got the first one as a present, it lasted for 3,5 years until the left mouse button started failing. Replaced it with the deathadder 3,5G black edition in 2013, still works great.
The blackwidow was bought in late 2014, still going strong.

I don't know where does this "shit quality" meme come from.

Like what? What better can you get for 80 euros?

You can get a fucking Rosewill with good quality switches instead of that pile of shit, for example, or a myriad of other cheap mechanicals (not corsair ones, though, those are shit too).

Any mouse with a decent sensor will also have higher build quality than a Razer product.

Rosewill costs 101,95. I just checked. And good luck getting an RMA for that in Europe.

Razer still cheaper and has good support.

Anything with comparable sensor, no acceleration and anti-ghosting will cost way way more.

So far my point stands - Razer is a decent and cheap product with good customer support.

I don't care about the green lights and all that shit, but in their price range there's almost always a better purchase elsewhere.

Razer products are at the absolute upper end of mice pricepoints and the only mice that cost more are meme mmo mice or are wireless.

>Razer products are at the absolute upper end of mice pricepoints
If you aren't paying for the faggy LEDs, they aren't.
The normal deathadders cost 49,99, but many retail stores still have the older black edition for 39,99.

They get expensive only if you want the faggy RGB lights on your mouse/kb.

poor product quality, high cost, obnoxious buggy software, and their entire marketing strategy is "m-m-muh brand loyalty!!11!1!!1!!"

if you as a company dont have a reputation for producing good products, then you as a company have failed.

Overpriced but low quality shit for edgy 14 year olds.

I used to love the DA. Then I found Zowie

I got a Razer Tiamat 7.1 for Christmas last year. Luckily I was able to return it. I just can't wrap my head around how something so expensive could have such poort sound quality. It's incredible.

Mice are phenomenal for the most part, keyboards are okay. Pretty much everything else is dogshit (headsets, controllers, fucking mousepads, etc.) Can't speak for the Blade but the specs look solid for what it is.

oh hai

They make pretty low quality stuff, I used to like the Deathadder mouse but a few years ago even those became shit.

>oh hai
Hi yourself, fellow Apple-user.
Isn't it great we don't have to put up with any of this BSOD crap?

I don't get the razer mice, they have a bunch of high reviews and every other one is someone saying that the thing starts shitting itself with double clicking and bad mouse wheels.

I want to get a new mouse that can be used left handed and I am basically left with something like a damn microsoft iltellimouse (which isnt really that bad). my 15+ year old mx500 is coming to the point where i finally want to replace it

i would very much compare razer to apple, however there are certain factors that distinguish them:

- apple designs relatively decent physical quality products that are intended to fail. i.e. overly fragile screens, malleable aluminum cases, numerous anti-repair mechanisms, and a disposability that is enforced by part exclusivity. engineered failure is poor professional quality, but not poor build quality.

- razer designs cheap plastic items with the primary objective being aesthetics. above all else, their products must be alien to the user, quality coming in any place that is not first. theres no enforcement of part exclusivity or such because their products are not worth repairing, nor do they market things to people who look to repair items.

They have alright quality but cost too much, also some people here shitpost on games for some reason
I don't hate razer in particular, I would just never buy their stuff if I could help it

Do you not know what fake reviews are?

>- apple designs relatively decent physical quality products that are intended to fail. i.e. overly fragile screens, malleable aluminum cases, numerous anti-repair mechanisms, and a disposability that is enforced by part exclusivity. engineered failure is poor professional quality, but not poor build quality.
that's just not true.

My retina macbook pro 15" has been going strong. I've dropped it, stepped on it, slept on it, dinged it. The thing literalyl has one ding from when it fell off a table onto a concrete floor.

Shit's durable as hell.

>making a laptop out of anything BUT aluminum or titanium
i shiggy the fool

I hope you're getting paid to shill this hard.