Try to learn Haskell

>try to learn Haskell
>see this shit
WHAT
THE
FUCK
someone explain this to me

In Haskell, when you enter just T by itself, you are soliciting the user for input. It's the equivalent of keyboard.nextLine() in Java. R will give you a random number based on what you typed.

nigga wat

i haven't taken a look, but i would guess that this is explained later in the text.

Well once upon a time someone gave a maths book and a computer to an autistic child. The child then created Haskell

wikipedia math articles are almost always worse than useless.

I'm not even sure if the people who write them understand what the fuck they're writing.

For the first
T means it takes something that has the T type
(T->R) means it takes a function a function that takes a T and returns a R
R means the result of the function is a R.
In short, you give a T variable and a function to the function and use that T variable on the function to return a result with the R type.
Mathematical: result = f(t).

return looks like flip ($)

They are probably written by fedora tippers pretending to be smart

you are just stupid. accept it

Don't bother. Nobody in their right mind would use continuations. Let alone the continuation monad.

What kind of job would someone get using Haskell?

Mental ward patient.

Data miner at Facebook.

I've heard Haskell is used in nautral language processing, but I'm not sure how big it is.

Obligatory:

that just means you lack the requisite level of mathematical rigour to comprehend them
stop projecting

Anybody with half a brain, or has at least had some exposure to simple discrete mathematics or college algebra should have no issues with this with a basic amount of effort.

Anyways, I don't think Haskell is appropriate for your average code monkey / bootcamper.

Lol, my mom majored is Haskell, she now sells health supplements.

don't try to explain it. type the code, run it through a debugger and learn by experience. also wikipedia a shit.

did she get accepted into a top 10 cs program and finish only to realize her degree was useless? she should have done a phd in math. $300k starting, any job she wants.

Oh fuck, I'm sorry, it was Pascal she learned, she's not that young.

Post a pic of her tits

My prof said you will be able to work as a faggot.

You will only get a job with it if you are a Biology major.