Ok

Ok
So
What do

Other urls found in this thread:

instructables.com/id/How-to-Solder-Without-Electricity-or-a-Soldering-I/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you want to repair that wire you have a few choices. If you're a newb I'd recommend you go buy some crimps and a crimper.

>crimps and a crimper.
I've never even heard those words before.

They should have them at an electronics or automotive store. Even Walmart has them.

What your gonna want to do is cut the insulation off. Then grab a lighter, and lightly burn off the enamel on the wires. Don't put the lighter close to it for too long, the enamel burns quick. Wipe off any little remains with your thumb and forefinger. Then, if you have a soldering iron, solder the two together, if not, just twist them together. Remember to keep like with like. So if the enamel was Green, join the Greens.

Lastly, tape it up with electric tape.

Done.

How are they used?
I was told all I had to do was cut off the frayed part of the wire, then tape the two ends back together with electrical tape.

>Wipe off any little remains with your thumb and forefinger
i preffer to wipe it down with alcohol but that's just me.

also don't allow the positive and negative wires to touch. the tape works as a good insulator for this

You clean up the end of the wire using the wire cutter and stripper. Feed the wire into the crimp. Crimp that side of the crimp with the crimper. Do this for the other end of the wire. Tape the crimp to blend it with the rest of the wire.

Solder it you dumb fuck

Correct. Use tape on the pos/neg and insulating tube. It usually makes it cleaner and doesn't turn into a gooey mess after a while.

bro you can competently fix this with a razor blade (to cut out the insulation, if needed),
a galvanized steel wire just thick enough to be steady,
soldering wire,
a candle,
shrink tubing to keep it tidy
and a calm and planned procedure so you can actually use the shrink tubing instead of forgetting to put it on either end of the soldered wires before you solder them.

with the galvanized steel wire i had something else in mind. you'd have to steadily place it over a candle and use it as a fixed soldering tip.
the picture I stole from this instructable disposes this extra step as you can see.

forbid the trigger hapiness, here's the instructable:
instructables.com/id/How-to-Solder-Without-Electricity-or-a-Soldering-I/

please be very careful if doing this in a closed enviroment

lung cancer is very dangerous and very real.

>What do

lineman splice, even without solder it'll tighten when pulled apart making it stronger

it's not a permanent solution but you know what they say, temporary solutions are the most permanent ones

Seriously? Just crimp or buy a cheap soldering iron. Don't bother with that shit it'll just be annoying and hard to get correct.

This. It will be a much cleaner job. There are also some that you heat with a lighter and it shrinks there size and fits on tight.

>Seriously, A suggestion different than mine?
yes, dear, seriously. shocking, isn't it?

Thee's this stuff called soldering tape. It's effectively solder wire squashed so it's flat.
You wrap it around a joint and then apply heat - like from a match or lighter.
Much lighter than a soldering outfit.

Using a crude, frustrating method that will turn someone off repairing their own electronics when 20 bucks could buy a cheap soldering iron that would work fine for working with wires is insane.

Who even has candles in this day and age? Unless he lives with his mom he'd have to buy that too. And needing to go and buy solder anyway takes away any "benefit" of the simplicity of the tools.

>But most people don't carry a soldering iron around with them. And even if you did have a soldering iron, there is a good chance that you might not have access to electricity.

Who carries around a candle and solder? Who doesn't have access to electricity somewhere?

Cool gimmick to have fun with but it will just be frustrating to use to try and repair something you need to fix.

of all things, the only thing he's likely not to have at home already is soldering wire and shrink tubing (which is unnecessary as he already has an insulator). he's likely able to buy this soldering wire at any supermarket with exchange money.

my solution is the quick, cheap and competent solution, I didn't advertise it as the best one for autists.
as I said, you can competently fix a cable with what I mentioned. if you like your methods, fine.

1. Wrap the tape tightly around the scissors.
2. Tie the wires together
3. Wrap the tape around both the wires and the scissors, the scissors are now part of the circuit
4. ????
5. PROFIT

I mean, I guess it would work.

>Who carries around a candle and solder?
A friend worked on 2-way radio installs.
He carried a propane-powered soldering iron kit in his pocket. Veryy easy to use when you're up a mast/ladder with no mains voltage.
Personally, I had a battery-powered iron in a leg-pocket of my coveralls.
I think it's called being professional.

NiCad-powered iron from years ago.
LiPoly batteries would give it a new lease of life.

Propane soldering iron != candle