Okay

Okay.

I have been using Windows 7 for years, and I've loved every second of it. "The definitive Windows experience!" I tell people. "You can't beat it!" I'd shout. "Don't upgrade to 8! It's trash!"

Then, I got a new laptop with Windows 8 (and later 8.1) and I discovered I was right. I hated 8 very much. It was too gimmicky and wasn't as sleek and clean as 7, nor did it operate the way I wanted it to. Felt very... wrong. So I continued to stick with 7.

Then, 10 rolls around and I'm like "Oh-ho, no sir - not falling for that bullshit again. I'm fine with 7, thank you."

Well, now, I'm visiting my parents for the weekend and my mom has a new Windows 10 computer, from which I am typing on right now. I made an account, singed it, and am working a bit with it... and I kind of love it. Granted, I'm not really installing any software, and I've only been on it a couple hours, but it's really pretty nice. I know I missed the "free update" deadline (which I'm not so sure I could get anyway - I kind of pirated Windows 7. In fact, I don't think I've paid for Windows since.... damn, XP. I'd be willing to pay for 10, though.

Shoot me straight, though. Is it more than a pretty face? Are there underlying inferiorities to 7 I'm just not seeing because of this alluring coat of paint? What about software restrictions? I have a lot of Steam games and software (that... I pirated throughout the years...) that I want to work on my computer, and I want it to work if I upgrade.

Also I heard something about Obama spying on me or some shit, I dunno - any merit to that?

One more thing - is the "subscription based" Windows really gonna happen soon? If so, that is... awful.

Opinions? I know yall got lots of those.

Try r9k

fuck off, pajeet

Most of Sup Forums won't really know the key benefits to it, we're mostly all just shilling against it because we're western, free working, pajeets.

It seems solid but i would look into it user, chances are you'll be getting "MUH PRIVACY" replies from Linux users.

As for the subscription stuff and restrictions, i don't know too much apart from all my pirated software from win7 works fine. I've had a few issues with W10 not being able to find its own fucking audio drivers, and having to restart to find them, but that's only happened once or twice.

I didn't choose to upgrade, it just happened. The effort needed to stop it out weighs the benefits in my opinion, people don't want W10 installing 'shady' shit but they'll install shady shit to stop it so, make of that what you will.

Like i said, i find it pretty solid, but its best to look into it from other sites and im sure even YT has a few tips.

Huh, what is that, pents?

So if I update now can I just revert to Windows 7 and keep the transfer to windows 10 for later?

win7 to win10 upgrade. all programs run fine without reinstall. was suprised that a usb-to-midi adapter that wouldn't work under win7 (no 64bit drivers) now works in win10. never really used the start menu (have all mostly used programs in the quick launch) so haven't noticed the ads thing people are ranting about. plus i have auto login enabled so haven't seen the ads in the login screen. at one point the bluetooth stopped working (probably due to an update) but after a few updates its fine now. the installed upgrade is bigger so uses a lot more space on the main drive. not a gamer tho so don't really notice any performance change.

I'm reinstalling win 7 as I type. Coming from 10. Unfortunately it was reporting my cpu usage incorrectly because of a bios feature that needed an update. I'm also installing steamos because why not give it a try. I like headaches as much as the next guy after all.

go back to redit or whatever shithole you came from

Windows Deadline Shills pls go

all of us have installed Linux Mint and moved on with our lives

Not me. I tried 8.1 and about to prepare windows 7 medias for all my pcs

IGNORE WINDOWS 10 SHILLS
DAILY REMINDER THAT THIS IS MICROSOFTS MARKETING TACTICS, 15+ ADVERTS FOR WINDOWS 10 A DAY APPEAR ON Sup Forums IGNORE ALL PAID SHILLERS

WIndows 10 is broken, buggy and garbage, no one seriously into tech would even consider going for it in it's current state, anyone that shills it or says it's good is either clueless when it comes to tech (their opinion isn't valued) or is a paid microsoft shill

Thanks

Don't matter if you pirated windows, if you had of done the free upgrade it would of made it legit.

I know this because I installed a pre activated version of Windows 7 many times and each time I upgraded it gave me a free key, that key however is tied to the hardware so you can't use it on any other machine otherwise people would just be upgrading all the time and selling the free keys for money.

is this the meme or a new meme satirizing that meme?

quints tell the truth

My company uses it and it works fine. The hicks and bumps we run into are because of our own faults.

>Windows Deadline Shills
>implying M$ won't extend the """"free"""" offer
Nice disinfo, Pajeet.

You type like a fag and your shit's all retarded

one more day and the windows 10 shill threads might be gone

how are we going to fill the void?

Keep jacking off to Windows 10 while using your mom's computer you shilling faggot. I'll stick with 7 thank you.

wtf

that is a nice laptop case
hate they way mine feels

Anybody with pirated Windows would have gotten real Windows 10; MS doesn't have time to worry about pirated copies

And yet no one posts concrete facts about why win10 is inferior to 7

less features