I've got 400€ and an i7, 8GB ram and mobo. What do you suggest me?

I've got 400€ and an i7, 8GB ram and mobo. What do you suggest me?
Buying a 1060 (optional: and a chink VR headset)
Waiting for more cash
Waiting for 1070's price drop (MSRP = 350€)
Other
While waiting, I'll use the PC for programming, but I want to play videogames, possibly in VR

the 1070 won't see a price drop until the RX 490 comes out.

I think that either Black Friday or Christmas or Thanksgiving deals will bring some 1070s at their MSRP, don't you?

So you suggest me to wait for more money or to just bite the bullet and get a 1060?

>MSRP = 350€
not this year
what resolution

As of today, 1080p, but if I get a VR headset it should be capable of running it

niceme.me

Actually I like 1080p enough not to find any reason to spend 200€ on a 4k monitor, eventually I'll upgrade, since 4k is definitely better, but not now

Get a 1080

>400€
>450$
>get a 1080
Ahahahah... Wait, no, it's not even funny

Save up your money and buy it during holiday season.

》vr
Not a 480 nitro+ the 1060 is only good at dx11 if you want future proof get 480

I think it would be a waste of money for my usage of that, I'm not one of those who vomits while playing at 30fps, I've never played a videogame at more than 30 (ex console peasant here)

Ok, so now the choices are: 480 + chink VR, 1070 during Christmas holidays + chink VR if prices drop enough, 1080 during Christmas holidays if prices drop enough

Don't get a Nitro+. The Red Devil is better.

So? Which option? Poor performance, good enough or best one? I think I'd be OK with the good enough, but IDK, since I've never played on a PC

Buy a used graphics card from ebay, GTX 670's can be bought for around £60

elaborate

>chink vr
Why not OSVR?

This is relevant thread. Whats the best option for 1080p for around 400€ for now?

To not spend 400 euros, at least I think, shit, actually what country are you in first?

are 1070s 350€ msrp (assuming stock)? or are you waiting for that

For 1080p the range is:
970, RX480 or 1060
Get the cheapest of the three

Skip the chink VR. Poisons the well. If you really want VR, get a good GPU and save for a Vive or Oculus+Touch. Maybe by the time you're ready to get one, they might be on generation 2 or you can get one used. At the very least they'll be more games.

Buy a 8-pin RX 480 (it will age much better than a 1060) and wait for price drops / more cash / new cards.

Is 390 an option?

980 Ti

Leaves only the Ti indeed if you can find one around 350.

Roughly the same performances as the 1060 and the 480 except that it's incredibly hungry energy wise, so unless you find it at a much lower price new than the aforementioned two cards, nay.

go to ebay, buy
2x used gtx 480 with SLI
140 euros in total
if you don't like the heat underclock, turn vsync on or whatever.
you'll never need a new card in 4 years.

Should I go 4GB or 8GB for the 480?

is it that big of a difference?

8GB

Should I take the 380 or wait a little longer for a 470?

8gb, but looking at reviews the only difference between the various AIB's is temperature the various oc benefits are minimal over reference.

So pick the cheapest AIB that offers quietest and most effective cooling.

go to ebay
get a mars III

Why not buy a 980Ti? I wanted a 1070 myself, but those are fucking expensive, not worth it. I could get a Ti for 350 €. Pascal is a waste of money.

I'll wait for the new Ti, I hope it doesn't cost more than 1000.
Don't do it, 4K looks nice but you won't be satisfied even with a 1080. I'm waiting on the Ti for this reason, my 780Ti is horrible for 4K.