How do I remove a HARCORE virus?

Well, at this point I really can't say if it really is a virus or just a hardware malfunction. It might be even that my motherboard is dieing. But some other wierd stuff that has happened had led me to bielieve a SERIOUS virus have entered my laptop and here is why.

First of all, my computer sets itself on hibernation mode even if I have ALL the energy options disabling it to turn off, or have a screensaver or to dim the screen. I literally have everything set so that my PC NEVER shuts down. But still it goes into what I think is sleep mode and half the time when I wake it up it will just turn off and the other half will come back to my password screen like if nothing happened.

One thing I should mention is that my laptop is being used as a desktop as it doesn't haves a functional battery, and I have reinstalled the BIOS to see if that was the issue... while that did make my computer a bit more reliable(in the sense that it won't turn off as often when I wake it up) but the issue still persists.

So I have tried running 3 different virus scanners with the "deep scan" option, meaning it would scan EVERYTHING in my computer, the thing is that they can never finisih since it goes to hybernate/sleep and when I try to wake it up it turns off, as I mentioned before. So as far as how much the scans have completed there seems to be no virus at all, but I dont know if that is for sure since they don't ever finish.

I tried to open up safe mode, but it just gets stuck on a single file when opening and then it throws me back to the normal IOS bootup, so this doesnt let me test if I can run the antivirus on safemode and test if it works that way, but at no avail.

My computer even though it is old (2008), it is still a pretty decent computer considering its hardware. It is an used Alienware m15x wich my best friend gifted to me since he got a better one already and wanted to play some relatively "heavy" games.

My computer sometimes runs super slow even when I am barely running everything, and I do know about backrgound applications making your computer sluggish, but this computer is and i7 core from Intel and the only background applications I have are like Steam, 2 cleaner programs and an antivirus and an anti-malaware software. I don't think those should be enough to almost completely halt my computer and sometimes even freeze it.

If anybody got any ideas on how to solve this issue, or If I am missing some info please tell me and I will provide. (as long as it isnt confidential or irrelevant).

My last option would be to format the computer, but that would settle me back some time that I don't have much of + the idea of backing up stuff from a possibly infected computer is really troubling.

Here is some specs of my computer taken from the program Speccy from Piriform:
Intel Core i7 720QM @ 1.60GHz 64 °C
Clarksfield 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Alienware
Graphics
Monitor PnP genérico (1600x90060Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series (Dell)
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 43 °C
Optical Drives
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GA31N SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Again, If more info is needed to be able to help, just ask me and I will provide if possible.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Clean the harddrive and flash BIOS. Then inst install gentoo.

Install gentoo.

The only solution I can think of is to install gentoo

>ayylmaoware
Deserved it. Install Gentoo

srsly, just format the drive and install GNU/Linux

Easy, take out hdd and set it as an external usb drive

Then wipe that sucker and install windows 10

Install GNU/Linux > Gentoo > ChromiumOS

>Gentoo plebs
>Not using Fedora

As I said, I already flashed the bios (reinstalled it), and no, I am not gonna instal Linux, I know it is an sturdy OS but I have no interest in learning all its quirks and tricks just to not have any more viruses.

As I said, I use this computer for games, and most of the games I play aren't available for Linux.

So then its a hardware issue. Maybe psu or MB. Or u just fucked up.

Probably dead GPU or RAM or something. Run a Memtest86+?

Also, this isn't the days of DOS anymore. Viruses don't actively fuck up your computer, because it makes no sense buisness-wise. Most modern viruses just beg you for money or shove add in your face.

>ITT: retarded kids that have no idea what they are talking about

OP, your GPU has gone bad. Contact Alienware/Dell and ask if they will do anything about it.

This

Seconded. If it looks like hardware, it's probably hardware.

generation Z everyone.

it's a hardware failure, not malware you idiot

lol fucking gaming pcs. lol

>alienware tech support
yeah you're fucked

>Sup Forums is not your tech support team
>>>/tomshardwareforums/

you do realize there are linux desktops MADE for people used to windows, right? that don't need any configwork?

unless he's an amdcuck, I doubt it's the gpu. most intel cpus have integrated gpus in them as well, you can use that or an external gpu.

>you do realize there are linux desktops MADE for people used to windows, right? that don't need any configwork?
yeah, but do they run crysis and battlefront

Listen to this. It's your fucking GPU. People on g are fucking retarded. People saying ram, motherboard, drivers, etc triggers me so hard

Summerfag

Besides that, just install your Linux of choice and run your games trough wine, games from 2008 should work just fine. Even on your ayylmaoware.

you have to convince your mom to let you be hardcore

I didn't read any of this shit but your image looks like your graphics card is fucked.
Put Ubuntu or some other live Linux distro on a USB drive or CD. Does it boot into that? Then you have a virus, backup and reformat Windows. Is Linux fucked up too? Then send your computer in for repairs.

>buying alienware
>wondering why muh peecee doesn't werk

Install Gentoo.

>pretty decent computer considering its hardware. It is an used Alienware m15x
10/10

>, 2 cleaner programs and an antivirus and an anti-malaware software
That's enough to slow shit down to a crawl

>Memtest86+
Thanks for the info, I didn't know how viruses work, unfurtunatly I am pretty ignorant in the subject of advanced IT stuff. Ill try running the Memtest you talked about just to see if it is the Memory that is f-ing up. Anyway it could be a varieable of everything people have said, on another forum they told me it could have been a power problem, and it makes sence since my power cord is all fucked up and mangled and sometimes toucvhing it will result in my computer shutting down. I didnt understand why to install linux, but I guess I could to see if it is also that Windows is fucking up. Thanks for the advice!

Ok, Ill do some tests and see if this is the problem, the issue is that I dont have much money to buy a new GPU right now, even an old one just for this computer.

I didnt bought it, a friend gifted it to me already used and fucked up, I have been trying to fix it up ever since. Read the fucking post before commenting ffs.

>hardware is fucked
>IT MUST BE A VIRUS!
you for real?

I know, that is why I am asking for suppport in... Sup Forums... not the most reliable placce to ask about for help, or atleast not moost of the time..

H A R D C O R E virus
A

R

D

C

O

R

E

Or maybe you should stop being a retard, your post got more periods than the DNC convention.

Remove the second "convention".

Tldr
Reinstall windows

Dude, Im a poor sonofabitch that cant get anything better, yet this laptop have bring me a lot of joy. Stop bieng such an elitist asshole.

Also I am not tech savy, I know how to do some workarounds but I have no master degree in IT (thats an exageration, I know you dont need a master degree to know this stuff).

Well, atleast I write better than some actual americans on Facebook. XD

>XD
leave

>AMD
Not even once.

Probably gonna have to to do it some point.

Boot into Gentoo live usb, remove all virus related files.