So when can I expect that $30?

So when can I expect that $30?
Inb4
> buying a 970

Should be soonish once the lawyers figure out all the legal stuff and settle down on the finalized terms for Nvidia and have everyone sign the papers.

Getting around 9-10% back is pretty nice from launch price of $350. But of course, the lawyers win the most with $1.3 million in fees.

Just another example of why tech-illiterate judges shouldn't be allowed to hear cases involving complex technical issues. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what Nvidia did and the 970 was a fantastic card. There's a reason why it's the most-owned card on the planet according to Steam's hardware survey.

You don't need a domain-specialized judge when it comes to lawsuits like this with consumers. You just need to know if they broke the law or not when it comes to fair business practices. This isn't Google vs Oracle.

>The initial proposed class action lawsuit in a series of lawsuits against Nvidia was filed in February 2015 and alleged that the company engaged in false advertising, deceptive business practice, unlawful is practices and violated California’s business law for unfair business practices.

>The initial claim accused Nvidia of having a graphics card that operated on 3.5 GB but was advertised as operating with a full 4 GB of video access memory, plus another .5 GB that was separated from the rest of the memory.

>Another proposed class action lawsuit in the series was filed the following month and also alleged similar claims about the gigabyte amounts and separation, saying the product was falsely advertised and negligently represented.

>In addition to the size of video access memory and its setup, the consumers also accused Nvidia of having 64 render output processors rather than the 56 that were advertised and of having smaller specialized memory cache than advertised.

>The consumers claimed that overall, Nvidia omitted information that was important for buyers to understand as they made their purchases, causing potential Class Members to purchase products with lower functionality and capabilities than what was advertised.

Just another example of a shill

Actually, didn't the extra 512MB RAM run at a lower speed than the other 3.5GB?
If that wasn't shown then it could fair well have been classed as false advertising.
If you bought a computer that said it had 16GB of RAM running at 2000MHz and you found that only 8GB of it was running at 2000MHz the other 8GB was running at 1000MHz then surely you wouldn't be happy.
While it did have 4GB of RAM they needed to specify that 512MB of it was different. I don't think anyone would have cared if they had been upfront about it, it was still a great card.

Is this only for US?

Yes.

>According to Steam
Top kek m8. You do realize there are millions of GPU's sold to non-gamers that never see a Steam account? Coin miners were buying AMD GPU's by the bucketload when the 970 was around. If we could gauge the real figures I think you would be crying to your mommy right now.

Yes, unless you bought from Amazon. If you bought from Amazon they will refund you.

All I have is the box, and the card. Will I get muh $30?

970 was told to have 4Gb of RAM @ certain speed. Turns out 3,5 had that while 0,5 Gb had shared L2 and bandwith with another part of memory, giving it effective 1/7 of a performance of the rest of the card. But that's because Nvidia does it and i boight their card, so that means I'm their fan

Thats bait

Yes, like every fucking time.
Even VW cheating their emissions only had to do refunds in the USA while in Yurop we get shit.

honestly this makes me not ever want to upgrade my 780
I haven't even updated drivers in almost a year because of it

he even threw the fishing pole in the water

Ask a person with 970 who has no reason to upgrade to 1060/480RX anything.

when do you plan to kys?

That's what happens when you've got Jews who fight for their rights.
Us eurocucks would never sue a company.

Never. I'm quite happy with my normie life. Looking forward to Saturday's football match.

tfw the 970 launched at $350
tfw the 1070 is $450+