How is Sup Forums doing this morning? I hope you're all well...

How is Sup Forums doing this morning? I hope you're all well. Now I'd like to remind you that Apple can see all of the information about your device every time you plug it into iTunes. Pic related is called Purple Sniff. It's an Apple internal engineering tool. This program can be used to view almost all of the information on my passcode locked iPhone 4 without unlocking it. This tool comes from a set of 4 called Purple Tools. I can also create firmware bundles to reflash only the system partition of the device. However, these custom bundles must be signed for use on Apple's private TSS server or the restore will fail. Apple very well could have removed the lock on that iPhone 5c for the FBI. They chose not to so they wouldn't be fucking over their customers. Don't let that fool you. They're not in it for the good of the people. They want to protect themselves is all. Apple is not against NSA spying. They just want it on their own terms so they charge the American NSA and DoD huge amounts of money for extra services. Apple likes control. They have the US government and its citizens kissing their ass. iPhones can be remotely accessed by Apple even when turned off. The only way you can be 100% sure you're not being monitored is by putting the device in DFU mode. The things that can be done by the fruit are frightening. Apple is much worse than Microsoft or anyone else when it comes to invading your privacy. It shocks me to see so many people walking around with Apple products. Start using a shitty $30 flip phone like I do or buy something that you can flash open source firmware to, like a Nexus phone.

Apple is fucking evil. You've all been warned.

Other urls found in this thread:

theiphonewiki.com/wiki/PurpleSNIFF
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't think anybody's under the illusion that Apple or Google devices are secure desu. Most people just don't care.

Same goes for desktops. Look into Intel's AMT for example.

information about device !== information on device

It's all about public awareness. It's not that people wouldn't care, they're just ignorant. I figured Sup Forums would be a good place to start raising awareness of these issues.

Basically yes. How tech illiterate are you?

>It's not that people wouldn't care
No they literally don't. Go ask any Joe Soap and they'll tell you the same thing: "I don't like it but I've got nothing to hide haha"

Older versions of Purple Restore are out there. Run OS X in a VM and take a look at some of the options. I'm not bullshitting here. If you're using Apple Connect you can do anything.

>proprietary software is shady
Whoa, who would have seen that coming?

Interesting how quickly their opinions change when you tell them that their camera could be on at that very moment.

i've given up, what i have to hide would not ruin my life, just be very awkward to explain

"well you see, Agent Fucko, she's not underage, she's a robot."

apple utilities have the best UI

Doesn't work with 5S and above

Normies are apprehensive of conspiracy theory-type stuff, even if it's true.

also some people genuinely don't really care because no one bought the fema death camp meme.

theiphonewiki.com/wiki/PurpleSNIFF

No personal data whatsoever

I thought everyone knew this. Back in the day, if you attached your jailbroken iPhone to your iMac, all of your cracked apps would be deleted and Apple would try to break the jailbreak. It's pretty obvious that they've got their hands on everything.

I have several newer versions up to 4.1.

Well think about it for a second. There are some people that give a shit. That's why I'm here and not on reddit or something. Is Sup Forums really this dead?

>he thinks the neckbeards running the iphone wiki know everything
If you look at the top of the page it'll explain why nobody bothers to do any further research into these tools.

.10 has been deposited into your Microsoft Anti-Apple Online Task Force account

Aye, but this kinda shit is posted every hour and it isn't scary or surprising anymore.

Thanks but I work for Dell. Go buy our shitty and super thin macbook wannabe craptops now!

I'm not here for the idiots. They'll buy their fruity toys still even if Apple puts adds on the home and lock screens.

I see a standard recovery/repair utility that any serious company that produces a device such as the iPhone would have and use. Recovery utilities scarier than this exist for your computer hard drives. It's pretty standard for a company to have this kind of stuff for their devices. I would hope they do and if it stays internal that's even better.

The rest of your post is about the morality of Apple and the fact that in the end they are just a business just like everyone else.

Pretty sure the kind of person that reads Sup Forums already knows and expects this shit. Pretty sure anyone doing anything with their device where they might be scared they will be in the situation where Apple might assist a government agency (or one that doesn't need assistance) in accessing the data on it will either be a dumb shitskin doing dumb shitskin stuff or smart enough not to use an iPhone for such activities.

Dell hasn't equipped you with extensive recovery tools like PurpleSNIFF? Dude, I better not get a DELL!

>Apple is much worse than Microsoft
That's where you blew it, Pajeet.

>recovery tools
They go far beyond traditional recovery tools. These can be used to do anything and everything to your device including remove the passcode lock and view your personal data. This is done easily by creating custom restore bundles. The CLI versions of 2 of these tools can do even more. You're not bothered that Apple spies on the innocent and protects terrorists for money?

They are. At least Microsoft has been somewhat upfront about telemetry and other shady shit. Apple is closed source in every way possible.

>!==

Is this a valid operator in any language or a mistake? I haven't seen this before.

JS and PHP off the top of my head. It's for strict comparison, whereas you can use != between different data types.

iFAGS BTFO

Good job I don't use iTunes or own an iPhone then. OS X is still better than Windows in every possible way.

Except that it lags like shit and tries to hide it behind ridiculously long animations that you can't even turn off.

So Apple is worse than MS and Google because they can see a ton of information about your phone? I'm not sure I'm convinced.

I'm running Clover non UEFI on unsupported hardware and it's smooth af, also you know OS X is Unix right? You can change everything about it with enough technical knowledge, the same way you can in any other OS.

> You can change everything in a closed source OS
Nah.

>With enough technical knowledge
Being too dumb to change something isn't an excuse to cry muh free software

The OS is open source though.

The GUi and libraries aren't.

>Apple internal tool
Enjoy your copyright notice

It has nothing to do with being smart or not. Ricing OS X is like digging a hole and filling it back up just to prove how strong you are. That basically makes you no better than an Archfag.

Only the kernel is open source. Only a half assed open source since the XNU kernel is OS X/iOS is heavily modified and it's not like you can make very many of your own changes and expect it to play nice on your fruity hardware.

All jokes aside if I get one in the mail I'll wipe my ass with it.

*old apple utilities

I do agree with ^ this statement.
I fucking loved skeuomorphism.

It was so clean, lean, business, professional like. Fuck. Now both OS X and iOS looks like an OS for gay businessman and edgy teens.