2016 / 7 / 29, Last day to upgrade to Windows 10

2016 / 7 / 29, Last day to upgrade to Windows 10.

After today, will that get Windows 10 popup thingy still exist?

I'm planning on switching back to glorious Windows 7.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.lenovo.com/de/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-z-series-laptops/lenovo-z50-75/downloads/DS100825
boards.Sup
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11675/windows-7-windows-8-1-skylake-systems-supported
support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle#Microsoft-Windows-81
m.youtube.com/watch?v=itAOGRiYRLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, they will ask you to buy it.

>After today, will that get Windows 10 popup thingy still exist
sure will and it'll have a price on it.

>all piratefags will be required to buy subcription
DO IT MICROSOFT DO IT!!

>After today, will that get Windows 10 popup thingy still exist?
No.

Will they force you to buy windows 10 though?

No.

Okie dokie. Guess we will just have to wait.

I already don't have that crap, so..

is it weird that i never had it to begin with?

>2016 / 7 / 29
What the hell kind of date format is that?
I can understand 7/29/16 or 26/7/16, but who the fuck puts the year first?

The price after today is so cheap that it isn't worth the effort. Windows 7 will be supported until 2020 and Windows 10 will be cheaper by then.

Upgrading then downgrading is only worth it if you expect to be incredibly poor in 2020 and using the same computer since the license is tied to your components.

In essence the deadline is a gimmick to get dumb assholes to massively convert to Windows 10, which is what Microsoft wants.

do you update your version of windows?

I've been using 10 for a while and I'm not pleased.

But 7 feels pretty shitty nowadays. Who's jumping into 8.1?

Checkem.

It's the international format sir.

In 2019, I expect MS to reactivate it and blitz the fuck out of every qualifying machine to upgrade at a discount because they're desperate not to have a repeat of XP.

now that it costs money i can finally pirate it.

kek kat.cr is down m8.

It's what eurocucks use. Anything else would confuse them.

thepiratebay.org

"feels shitty" is not a valid reason

You're wrong. We use DD/MM/YYYY

>eurocucks.
>it's actually international
>people from australia use it, japan uses it, russia... etc. etc.

Anyone know how to deal with a black screen upon about 93% installation? This is the third time I tried and it happened, and for this last try I disabled my graphics card driver and switched to integrated... no dice.

It is. Have you never tried a pair of shoes that don't fit your size well?

Let it alone, it will black screen when installing

>Piggybacking this thread for help because I'm out of time and I need to decide right now.
I have a Lenovo Z50-75 and just downloaded all the installers for Windows 10 so I can use them once the upgrade is done (I have 8.1 unfortunately, so I'll hang around for a bit before doing a clean install with either 10 or back down to 8.1). I found this file in the Lenovo support page:

>BIOS Update for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo Z40-75, Z50-75
>Summary of Changes:
- Latest Version BIOS fixed all merged issues from previous.
- Version 40, Changes in this release Version 2.09
- Modified:
Exchange Lenovo new Logo.
String changed "Win8 64bit/Other OS" to "Enabled/Disabled" at BIOS setting menu.
- Notify:
Perform the load default after BIOS update is requirement.
This version is based on BIOS V2.08.
>support.lenovo.com/de/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-z-series-laptops/lenovo-z50-75/downloads/DS100825

Should I install this BIOS update before the W10 upgrade, after, or never? Please help a desperate nooblord.

On try 2 I had it running overnight.

Should I upgrade from 7 lads?

Already tried a clean 7 install to 10?

Yes

2016-7-29

You can suck my standardized balls

only if you can't poo to the loo. like this one

But you can specify what about the shoes is uncomfortable. If it's too tight, too loose, too firm, etc. What is about w7 that's feeling shitty?

no. That's a big deal I assume?

Worked for me

can someone just make a pirated enterprise 10 already?

boards.Sup Forums.rg/wsr

Oops. I meant

I already tried that for two days, thread always goes to archive with zero replies.

This is your last day to upgrade to Windows 10 willingly. Automatic upgrades will begin when the countdown ends with no option to rollback. It's for your own good.

Should i upgrade from 7?

upgrade then downgrade :^)

>you can't pin specific programs to the left side of the start menu
>you fucking could in pre-release Windows 10
>"just use the squares bro :D"

FUCKING GO FUCK YOURSELF MICROSSHIT YOU FUCKING DOUBLE NIGGERS

NIIIGGGGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSS

lol, thanks for the laugh

I thought 7 was only going to be supported until mid 2017?

What's Vista. 7 gets updates until 2020

>What's
*That's

>Not using Classic Start Menu

kys

If i install Win 7 today, will I be still able to upgrade it today?

Microsoft will still release Windows 7 security updates till at least 2025
Only after 2020 companies have to pay to get them

> you want to sort files by date
> the 9th folder contains 1995 and 2016
> the 1995 folder contains July and December folders
america is great really.

Japan

I just finished downloading it but decided to stay on 7 after all. How do I delete the files, I want my 3 gigs back.

You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change (which really insidiously simply ignores user settings altogether, without notifying the user in any way) for example.
You should not support this operating system.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change (which really insidiously simply ignores user settings altogether, without notifying the user in any way) for example.

Uninstall it

>I thought 7 was only going to be supported until mid 2017?

>What's Vista

No, Microsoft stated that W7\W8 only be supported on OEM platforms until July 2017. This has been pushed back to July 2018. I don't know what happens to non OEM models.

W7\W8 will continue to receive critical updates only, until 2020.

Uhm, no, Win 7 support is till 2020 and for 8.1 till 2023. 7 most likely will get extended support, XP-like, due to its market share.

Wrong.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11675/windows-7-windows-8-1-skylake-systems-supported

Windows 7\Windows 8 will only receive critical updates until 2020.

>19. What is the support policy for Windows 7/8.1 devices with Intel’s 6th generation of processors (also known as Skylake) that was released in late 2015?

>Through July 17, 2018, new Skylake devices on the supported list will also be supported with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. During the support period, these systems should be upgraded to Windows 10 to continue receiving support after the period ends. After July 17 2018, Microsoft will continue to deliver all critical Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 security updates to Skylake devices until the respective end of support dates.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle#Microsoft-Windows-81

You know something about the Windows 7 POS version?

When has 7 received any update to make it work with Ivy Bridge CPUs? Never, yet it works. Same with Skylake, and same with whatever intel comes up next. Stop falling for piss poor marketing bullshit.

Probably like XP, and XP POS hjas support till 2019 or so.

Aero.

10 M I N U T E S

that's a plus

m.youtube.com/watch?v=itAOGRiYRLI

I use YYYY-MM-DD. Everything is in chronological order on my computer. I love it.

if dubs everyone in this thread have to update to 10 and stay in it forever, no dual/multiple boot allowed.

Oh boy

Wonder how long it'll take for me to seriously regret my choices

>idiot detected
ever heard of standards? you must be from amerifat land then.

Considering you're spending your Friday night installing Windows and posting about it on the internet I'd say that ship has sailed long ago

>the license is tied to your components nigga this isn't Apple

So, I went ahead and upgraded, turned off most of the spy shit, but my Firefox overlay bar is like a bright, translucent grey/white. It hurts my eyes. How do I mute the brightness down on this shit?

>Installing windows
except no

if i upgraded to windows 10 through a copy of windows 7 with daz's loader is there any way I can get the CD key so I can transfer the OS if I upgrade my pc components

Yeah, you install a clone on your new HDD and swap the components.

Are you retarded or something?

Is it too late to activate?

You can call MS support and they'll give you a code to activate it for free

OS is tied to motherboard so it would be inactivated still.

I'm an independent programmer that has plenty of intellectual property on my computer. Does anyone know if my intellectual property will remain safe if I take the free upgrade to windows 10? Or will Microsoft get the rights to all of it?

Microsoft has full and exclusive rights to any IP made using their operating system but they will license that IP to you for a reasonable subscription fee.

If i don't pirate anything(except for the windows 8.1 i downloaded to upgrade to windows 10 of course), is windows 10 fine?

Is it the same for both enterprise edition and the free edition? Kind of annoying having the price be recurring vs a one time payment.

Ya all should just install Gentoo.