Is it placebo?

Is it placebo?

My $20 headphones are just fine desu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ipZY0qGrA9Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_function
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tech is cheaper than it was a few years back. The quality is what matters now and 20$ can do the job indeed.
Unless ofc you work in a sound studio or as a boom.

Hard to say. I can't honestly say that I don't see a difference but it seems to be so minimal that it could be your brain tricking you into believing that a $100 product simply has to be better. Most people butcher their headphones with garbage integrated sound cards anyway.

If you get the proper set up you can definitely notice a difference. I got a DAC/amp and a pair of hd600s and immediately noticed a crisper sound and a tighter bass. I was coming from some low end headphones so it's easier to tell. From what I heard, the higher in price you go the less you notice a difference.

Best way I could explain it is like hitting a soft cap in dark souls or something. You can keep leveling that stat but once you reach the soft cap the gains are still present but very minimal.

All in all worth the investment to me since I spend a decent amount of time on my computer watching movies and listening to music so I'd do it again.

It's excellent

Have HD800's, use them only in the studio, 7506's for field recording.
After you get used to listening to these for a few months most lesser headphones will sound like cancer. The 7506's are the good kind of cancer that tell you what's wrong with the mix because they hype all the frequencies; if you have hiss, noises or forgot to set the lowcut you'll know about it. They're shit for listening to music however, movies and games are fine, but I cringe every time someone recommends the Sony's for music.

TASCAM TH-02 are great, only $17.
Biggest issue is they're a bit heavy on the head, sister borrowed them and could barely keep her head up

>Is it placebo?
Do you even know what placebo is?
The answer is no.
>My $20 headphones are just fine desu
So are my laptop speakers. Sometimes better speakers and headphones are nice.

They sound great for the money but the build quality is terrible. I'm the senheiser 202 are better.

They aren't. You're like a homeless person eating a homecooked meal for the first time in life.

Now get on a luxurious restaurant level.

HD800 is garbage.

For a high end headphone, the frequency response is too colored.

I like mine

7506 will always be great they last forever and are nice

they're placebo memes. just like mechanical keyboards

That's funny because those cheap 7506s are more accurate than the HD800, would pick them every single time if I needed to do professional work on headphones.

HD800s are audiophile headphones, they color the response too much.

it's not like you measurement autists actually do any professional work.

but i'm sure you, an unemployed nobody posting on Sup Forums, knows more than sound engineers like bob katz.

Nice projecting and appealing to authority.

If I needed to do professional work, I'll use studio monitors.

Found the poorfag

you don't actually do any professional work or own any studio monitors worth anything, though.

found the autist

:^)

Hey, if it helps you sleep at night, believe what you want.

:^)

>:^)
back to Sup Forums you go, you uneducated, unemployed Sup Forumsirgin.

g has more virgins than v

Dat projecting.

You seem frustrated.

I'd rather be a virgin than Sup Forumseddit

fix'd

V6 here. What pads do you run?

Avoid velour, despite being commonly recommended. Changes the sound too much.

The price to performance sweet spot for headphones is around $300. Most things above are very incremental improvements.

Most people are perfectly happy with $30 Koss Porta Pro though, so it really depends on your autism level and wallet thickness.

fix'd

This. Tech follows a sharp, left-leaning bell curve.

>buy Philips Fidelio X2
>cry when listening to music from other sources from the horrid quality

If you ever get a chance, listen to a high-end pair of audiophile headphones along with whatever headphones you usually use.

If you can notice a difference, than it's worth it

If you can notice a difference and can't justify spending so much for the sound, then it's not worth it

If you can't hear a difference get your ears checked or at least listen a little more carefully. The biggest factor that separates a $20 and a $500 headphone is THD

If you can't hear the differences in distortion, than you have shitty ears.

Audiophile as a "hobby" for the most part a fucking joke lol. There is just too much bullshit that comes from their supposed golden ears due to the amount of shilling that goes on in that industry.

>build quality is terrible
I mean when talking about portable things like phones and laptops this makes sense
but these are massive af studio headphones, they're meant to stay inside for the most part making it not much of an issue.
If you mean mechanicals making you a faster/better typists then yeah, but sound/click isn't a placebo. I still prefer membrane though

Fixed.

You don't want to look like this guy, do you?

holy fucking cringe

youtube.com/watch?v=ipZY0qGrA9Y

>audio pebbles
>wooden cable lifts
>$5000 buzzword-laden cables
>using a playstation as a cd player
>building a fucking linear PSU

Is there anything audiophiles do that isn't fucking full-blown autistic?

He's actually cringing at a horribly sounding, overpriced audiophile headphone. Tyll is actually on point when it comes to evaluating headphones, cheap or expensive.

These count right guys?
They're 800 series too

Normal people won't notice anything above $150

>$500+ you get those top 2% headphone setups
That's not what bell curve means.

what said. You're thinking of the corresponding cumulative distribution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_function