Other urls found in this thread:

noobslab.com/2016/04/macbuntu-1604-transformation-pack-for.html
ergo.human.cornell.edu/ahtutorials/interface.html
usabilitypost.com/2009/04/15/8-characteristics-of-successful-user-interfaces/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_interface_guidelines
omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/03/unity
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sorry what?

The fact that you can't see that screenshot is not even in the same league design-wise is why linux will never catch up.

> tfw you can't tell that the Linux design is way prettier, faggot

You're so right. A basic gray panel and dock, with an icon set more conflicted than even Win10's. How can anything else even compete?

If its that easy it would have been cloned by now. Autistic freetards can't even literally verbatim copy. The look of MacOS is so much more than you can even immediately see. That's not pretentious babble either, its just that its made up of thousands of design elements which are hard to see individually but all together make a glorious experience.

>i like nigger dick

Winfag here. >

that new finder is adorable

> Badly spaced icons in the taskbar
> Not enough contrast between window and desktop
> Butchered System Settings icon to look like a circle because muh OCD
> Why the fuck would the clock be right in the middle. It's not a critical piece of data that needs to be given premium space.
> Can't even select a desktop background of appropriate resolution

1/10 Made me reply.

Very compelling non-shitpost argument my friend. I will most certainly consider your points as you finish your homework.

>Homosex OS
>On a res below 2K
Why even bother

>pretty landscape
>muh OS is superior!!

lol iOS babbys

Its an image from Google, how fucking dumb are you?

>copy mac os design
>still looks like shit with minimalist garbage everywhere

typical life of a free-tard

This is even worse than the last one posted, are you blind?

>system resources fetishist

worse than child pedophilia, imho.

Is this the new desktop thread

this is such shit. Here, take a look on the last good looking os x.

Yes.

>implying anybody can compete
OSX is the very top of UI design and nobody expects freetards to get there, just gotta beat W10, which shouldn't be that hard ... but apparently is.

Pretty solid actually. How do settings and finder look?

It actually looks fine on 1440x900 but why would you even use a low res screen in {current year}?

Overloaded mess.

Reminder to never to reply to these threads because the anti-Linux shills will just throw a non-argument your way and ignore everything you show them.

Use a better DE and a better theme. Xfce with Adapta+Arc-Darker and Arc Icon Theme with Numix Circle fallback looks amazing.

>anti-linux-shills
no such thing exists
>arc
come on

>copies OS X
>even copies the iTunes icon
L M A O try being original now

It's not bad, but not perfect. They themed Rhythmbox and Nautilus very well.

Ubuntu is just as good.

Kekleon

Crazy to see fags this delusional

Some of us don't give a shit about "muh aesthetics".

What's the obsession with having such massive title bars? It's the main reason I use How can one person be this jealous?

1. By not being a tech inept mactoddler who thinks money will solve his problem of computer illiteracy
2. No one with common sense would pay overpriced garbage hardware for a closed source OS that "just looks nice"
3. GNU/Linux actually gives you freedom to make your DE look exactly however the fuck you want it to look like.

Here
noobslab.com/2016/04/macbuntu-1604-transformation-pack-for.html

It clearly gave you eye cancer already if you don't see how bad it looks.

Most refer to these people as "neckbeards"

>"Hey, we can just copy it!"
At least find a screen without the ugly lower bar.

>What's the obsession with having such massive title bars?
They are supposed to be on auto hide, so it's pretty easy to find your shit when using it, and irrelevant if you're not using it.

no, you're delusional :-)

What, specifically looks 'bad'?

It's never bothered me. On 2560x1600 it just doesn't take much space.

>falling the desktop/gui meme

>Hey, we can just copy it
Because dumb mactoddlers refuse to believe any other DE looks better than their faggot tier defaults. How is that bitter damage control treating you?
>Ugly lower bar
One of the features that define how shit MacOS looks like

>I want a good PC but I can't be bothered what the specs are, it just has to look gay
>Buy a macbook XD
Fuck off Sup Forums

Speak for yourself

lmao

Everyone who uses Linux is a le3t h4x0r from 1994 right? :^)

Windows users are mostly retarded normies and gaymurs, Linux users are mostly tryhard ricers who know very little, Mac users are just normies who have more money than average normies.

>No one with common sense would pay overpriced garbage hardware for a closed source OS that "just looks nice"

Autists will never understand this. You're paying for several things. Manufacturing of the gorgeous chassis, higher binned components, the real-life support should you ever run into problems so you don't have to scour forum posts from 2007, the 'just werks', the ecosystem compatibility, the list goes on.

>GNU/Linux actually gives you freedom to make your DE look exactly however the fuck you want it to look like

It gives you the option to use your cheap time to pick between different shades of excrement. The best is already available. For fucks sake can you freetards not even copy a fucking SHADOW? Look at that menu bar. Why can't any DE and set of icons and font copy OS X exactly, why?

Man, mint just works it's alright.

What the fuck is this? This is terrible in every possible way.

blud download the paper icons, they're so much better than the original ones.. for real.

Mint looks disgusting

The contrast between the colours in is too strong, it causes eye strain. So either the dark grey needs to be a bit brighter or the white turned into light grey.

The icons in the dock look ridiculously bad and inconsistent, and cartoonish.

The menu bar got bit too many icons, the "New Tab" shit is pretty dumb too and looks lost, and pointless.

The worst is probably the system monitor itself though, looks absolutely amateurish and inconsistent even inside itself.

The font is pretty bad too. The home icon is too close to the title.

I am not even an UI designer or ergonomics expert, these could probably write a wall of text about the flaws.

Meh but why wasting it at all? You still have it on auto hide whenever needed but also don't waste (even a little bit space) when not.

Nice bait.

>I like to pay for overpriced hardware and locked down software but it's okay because it comes with a metallic chasis!
Don't say but muh warranty/ muh user support, because it is also a meme, come the fuck on.

>thread about UI
>some poorfag got triggered and keeps spamming about his Mac obsession
Like, why? If you have nothing to add, you can just go back discussing vidya.

I like to bitch about Apple products.

At least pick a reasonable target then, Apple TV or some shit.

>stop liking what I don't like

grow up

>I'll conveniently ignore the other points of the pricing and roll back my memory to the last shit I said

As I said, autists are unable to comprehend any aspect of computing aside from raw hardware specifications. You're the nigger plebs buying Xiaomi phones and Catleap monitors.

>Locked down

The surefire way to identify someone who's never breathed in the same room as a Mac. Works every fucking time, you out yourselves so easily. You can't even pretend you've used it to hate it so much now. You could have at least said 'I used it at work once and I couldn't properly figure out fullscreen mode and some other shit in the 5 days I used it ITS SO LOCKED DOWN'.

If you can't even customize the supposed toddler OS then you're a true idiot.

Wew lad how's not being able to argue anything treating you?

"I hate X because it's X" isn't how arguing works beyond kindergarden.

I remember trying to clone the OS X desktop on Linux and actually preferring the Linux one.

Can your Mac's UI change colors? Then get the fuck out of here and come back when OS X at least has the same basic color customization functionality that Windows has had for year.

>waaaa shiny laptop
>waaaa I wasted a couple grands on trash now I'm rich
Either grow the fuck up or get the fuck out. Only unemployed retards care about how shiny his laptop looks like

The answer isn't "smear more lipstick on the pig".
It isn't even "get a better looking pig".
The answer is to design the UI first and then build the system to support it. If you do that and use a unified design image right through from start to finish you'll have something that anybody can use.
But you don't want that, do you?
It'll be a negation of all that you've done.
It'll be very difficult and time-consuming.
And even worse, it'll destroy the mystique of using Linux; you won't be Special any more.

what is this setup?

>I like to bitch about Apple products.
Learned behavior. Microsoft's shills work for free.

I would like to know this also

This is something beyond itoddlers' comprehension

This boards.Sup Forums.org/gd/ subreddit now.

Linux will NEVER look this good

>font is 'bad'
>system monitor 'amateurish'
>random complaints about whether there should be 4 or 6 icons in the menu bar and whether there should be 12 or 18 icons in the dock
>complaints about google chrome's internal layout
>too much contrast

Sounds like subjective bullshit and nit picking to me.

Unity is one of the cleanest and most consistent UIs out there.

That looks like shit. Copying OS X without proper polish will still look like shit, that's what free yards don't understand. Do you not realize how ugly that is? Holy shit freetards are retarded

Enjoy everything just working

I will ;)

/gd turbo autismo in in full force i nthis thread.

Elementary OS's Pantheon Desktop Environment.

What's a good Linux environment that doesn't copy Mac or Win?

I don't know what you're talking about, I use OS X
t. Macbook owner

>spergNU/Shitnux will never look this good

:(

GayOS will never look this good

That looks like trash

>looks like shit
>KDE

kek

>shit font rendering
>REALLY shit kerning
>window blur on terminal
>KDE
>no mp3 icons

>1920x1080
>macbook

There are tons of articles about UI design that would further explain this points and why these things are important for the user experience... but I guess it'd be pointless to further go into this if you feel like responding to it with the "lolrandom complaints"; hell, something like contrast is clear for anybody with a minuscule knowledge about biology but I guess that doesn't apply to you either.

To a point it's obviously subjective but the market and most reviewers at least agree that Mac OS is going into the right direction, while Unity ... is even strongly debated by the freetards.

Incase you do care about understanding the basics and the reasons for them...
>ergo.human.cornell.edu/ahtutorials/interface.html
>usabilitypost.com/2009/04/15/8-characteristics-of-successful-user-interfaces/
Also this shit
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_interface_guidelines

Spice & Wolf was pretty good.

This has the opposite problem with contrast, not enough to tell shit apart on the first glance.
A pretty dumb copy of the already horrible Windows tastbar makes it even worse.

You didn't even read let alone respond to anything I posted. Oh well, enjoy loonix and unemployment you fucking sperg.

Freetards don't know what kerning is. Most of them don't even know what deodorant is and you expect them to know what kerning is?

>muh sicrit l33t designer klub normies GTF0!

Go sperg out somewhere else, Charles.

Gib details pls

>people don't praise muh superior designer guidelines
>let's throw some ad-hominem.

see

Charles "the sperg", go to bed. It's late.

>ergo.human.cornell.edu/ahtutorials/interface.html
>usabilitypost.com/2009/04/15/8-characteristics-of-successful-user-interfaces/
Unity meets all these, if not in its entirety, at the very least in the screenshot I posted. Your complaints are shit that essentially amounts to your own personal subjective preferences.

Does anyone understand that everyone is different? Some people may share some similar opinions but there is always another person with a different opinion. Just because you dont like a design that somebody else does you get butthurt and start shitposting. Be proud of your own opinions and dont be a dick.

>macOS
>changing the name of their OS to what looks like a spelling and grammar mistake
>change for the sake of change for no fucking reason at all

Why? Most retarded shit ever, could have been Mac OS Sierra, now it's macOS Sierra, looks retarded.

Go to bed, Charles. You don't even know what kerning is.

iOS
tvOS
watchOS
macOS

>Unity meets all these, if not in its entirety, at the very least in the screenshot I posted
But it doesn't, and I pointed out how ... yet it's all "random complaints." Did that shitty contrast mutilate your eyesight already? Let's see the freetards opinion on how shit it is!

omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/03/unity

>to what looks like a spelling and grammar mistake
How exactly?

>change for the sake of change for no fucking reason at all
Consistency. iOS, WatchOS, MacOS.

Did I hit too close?

Being a pedophile is indeed "different" but people usually have stronger words for it.

>empty space in the bar is half the size of the fucking bar

Yes, Charles, you trolled me really well! Now will you go sperg out somewhere else, Charles?

>complaining about 40px of vertical space on portrait monitors

>shitty design is acceptable
Let me guess, you're fine with simple apps eating gbs of RAM too?