>yfw you are an audiophile but other normies don't understand you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KX2X_rPWiw4
machinadynamica.com/machina47.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=IDnE7nZYK9o
youtube.com/watch?v=c5r0kXAEX_A
youtube.com/watch?v=V4xsvytTiXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>A-Are those lightbulbs user? Do they light up?

>tfw you are an autist
fixed this for you

>parttime audiophile
>fulltime faggot

:^)

Autism is tough to understand.

Can I hook into your speaks, doc?

>audiophile

>having audiotism

>want to listen to some music
>have to wait 20 fucking seconds to get to my headphones

Those bulbs need to heat up before for the best listening experience, delaying the user in this presentation bullshit is deliberate.

What is this?

How many audiophiles could we cure with one college level physics course? It seems like a basic understanding of waves would fix 90% of the stupidity I see with these people.

this is so fucking gay oh my god

MSRP:$50,000

They obviously don't respond to rational thinking.

>tfw spent so much on vacuum tubes you can't afford furniture

>yfw some fuck starts meming that there's no discernible difference between digital and vinyl again
>yfw if one of these people actually tried both formats one after the other they'd shut the fuck up immediately

>muh FLAC
>muh synth
>muh headset meme

Does he have an audiophile sound card?

>wow user, why would you spend more than $20 on earphones?
>those apple earphones sound just fine

>tubes making a sound difference in anything other than vintage guitar amplifiers
my old boss played in a metal band and said tube guitar amps need to "warm up" anyway. wouldn't tube headphone amps be counter-productive to sound quality if they're processing a high bitrate digital signal?

That's awesome

Please no

designing shit like this for rich autists must be so fucking awesome
you can literally let your imagination loose and explore the worst ideas and these idiots would still buy it

tch

poorfags wouldn't understand this hobby

That's not a sound card.

It is a PCI-e card that is supposed to clean up ripple on the PCI-e power bus by basically adding capacitors.

Because it's not like there are going to be capacitors on your fucking sound card to clean up the power anyway.

Here's something even worse though. Clean the power to your HDD to improve your audio quality!

>hard candy

>It seems like a basic understanding of waves would fix 90% of the stupidity I see with these people.
You don't even have to understand waves. This would be cured with an intro level anatomy class.

All audiodumbs need to know is "the human hearing range is from 20Hz to 20kHz."

You could also show them this: youtube.com/watch?v=KX2X_rPWiw4 if they something along the lines of "just because I may or may not be able to hear it doesn't mean it has no influence on the music!"
>2016
>not overlaying all your music with the global field background infrasound to get the True Listening Experience TM

I feel like this would cause a shit load of I/O issues

>Buy LG V10
>Later realize it has one of the best DAC's on the market, the ESS Sabre 9018, the same DAC in the Fiio X7.
Fuck yeah

>All audiodumbs need to know is "the human hearing range is from 20Hz to 20kHz."
I'm pretty sure that is beside the point. Audiophile gear isn't about higher frequencies but about "better" production of sound.

I honestly think they would learn more from the physics course, but it's not even that. The worse part is when it comes to digital. It seems a big portion of audiophiles don't understand that you can't just apply analog principles to digital, and companies are targeting this with misinformation and marketing fud.

If the data pins are passed straight through it should be fine.

It is still completely useless though.

You can tell when someone is an idiot if they haven't had their ears lobes mapped.

You see, for truly realistic sound (with headphones) you need to have whatever you're listening to modified in the same way your ear lobes modify sound as it reaches your ear and the only way to do that is to have your ear lobes mapped.

>being retarded but other normies are not retarded

I hope they are listening to FLAC and not MP3

Dem transmitting tubes though.....

>hard candy

>audiophile setup
>listen to popular music

machinadynamica.com/machina47.htm

This is the most pretentious looking thing I've ever seen that wasn't made by Apple.

It's like it slid right out of its own ass just so audiophiles could then shove it up their asses and let it rest right next to their ears.

Based Sennheiser

That's probably because audiophile is 99% of the time synonymous with tryhard idiot with way too much money and shit taste in music.

>2016
>tubes
smdh

the white guy for sure has a 3in cock he's making up for

>Codename Blue Meanies operates via mind matter-interaction. The subconscious mind interacts with room boundaries, i.e., closed-in spaces, producing a claustrophobic reaction that interferes with and degrades the listener's sensory perception. It's like putting in a better set of interconnects. Price $99 for set of 4 Blue Meanies.
I like it.

>synonymous with tryhard idiot with way too much money,0 SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE and shit taste in music.

do people who mock audiophiles even try listening to higher end speakers/headphones

>my old boss played in a metal band and said tube guitar amps need to "warm up" anyway
Triodes do need to warm up a bit. It doesn't take long however, under a minute is enough.

>wouldn't tube headphone amps be counter-productive to sound quality if they're processing a high bitrate digital signal?
High bitrate and signal amplification are unrelated, they work in different domains. Tube amplifiers can be counter-productive to signal fidelity and that's often one of the reasons why people purchase tube amplifiers in the first place - to color the sound. Unlike what you often read on audiophile forums and publications, tubes do not inherently have a "warm" tone to them or any tone at all. They can be used in amplifier designs well enough to be transparent.

>probably has shit taste in music
What do these fuckers even listen to? I'd love to know so I can laugh even harder.

Tell me what kind of dad rock you're listening to first.

Sup Forums thinks audiophile is synonomous with a retard spending all their money on stupendously expensive esoteric gear while not having a faintest clue about how the devices work, what actually matters, what you can and cannot hear etc. Some people here don't seem to understand audio reproduction one bit either but still love to talk and mock others for it. I guess that's typical 4chin though, regardless of subject.

I'm sure everyone does appreciate good sound and person who is enthusiastic about high quality audio reproduction is an audiophile. Whether he is sane about it or lost his way into the "high end" of the market doesn't isn't defined by the term.

It's the same thing with the word "placebo" which nearly everyone seems to either get wrong or intentionally misuse.

>-doesn't

Zero.

Audiophilia is really just an excuse to spend money on "cool" shit. They claim it's about the sound, but it's really about being able to sit back in your chair and bask in the glory of $100k of equipment, and to post your setup on whatever the audiophile equivalent of battlestation threads are.

Yes.
And there is certainly some benefit from them, don't get me wrong. It's the tube amps and wrist thick cables that get me.
Fuck, there was this one review video I saw of a six way power board with no active components (just direct connections from socket to each power point) in which the reviewer claimed "it was like it added another octave to my speakers".

Audiophiles are fucking retarded.

I can understand good quality speakers/headphones, it's the convincing themselves that something that is literally doing nothing is making a difference that gets me.

This shit is going to be worthless in 10 years when that bullshit breaks and only Sennheiser can fix it for the low price of $6,000,000

Just like how a Ferrari is worthless when you blow a head gasket, right?

Sup

>a popular car with a dealer ft. service center in most major cities

The PS1 really did have a great DAC though.

no, AKs are decent but there is nothing great about it.

nah, because some CD player in the 90s had a poor sound quality

>it's the convincing themselves that something that is literally doing nothing is making a difference that gets me.
They aren't actively convincing themselves, that's the thing. Many genuinely do hear a difference and that's quite simply how our senses work: we hear what you want to hear, see what we want to see. The sensation of hearing something even though there is nothing is just as real as hearing something that actually is there. And some of these audiophools might not even be interested too much about the sound aspect. They just like hoarding gear and like to spend money on exclusive and expensive stuff. The high price and rarity of some of these components is one of the main reasons why people want to buy them.

Fine for its time, surpassed by an average smartphone today.

Kanye West and garbage like that.

There really needs to be a meme like the metroid tubes one for audiophiles and capacitors.

>how can be make this better?
>zomg capacitors!

>Many genuinely think they hear a difference and that's quite simply how our senses work
Fixed that for you. Yes. it is how our senses work, it's the entire reason we can have hallucinations that affect any and all of our senses. In the end the brain is interpreting the data that is coming in from the nerves and the brain can just as easily insert data, but I will stand by the convincing themselves of it because even when they do tests with equipment that shows no difference they will discard those results.
>You can see from the "Measurements" sidebar that I could find no significant effect that the JitterBug had on the analog signals output by three of the DACs I had to hand. Yet with those DACs and others, I heard an improvement in sound quality that I can attribute only to the JitterBug.

if i were shitting money like these motherfuckers i'd do something like that because why not

so fucking jelly

youtube.com/watch?v=IDnE7nZYK9o

youtube.com/watch?v=c5r0kXAEX_A

youtube.com/watch?v=V4xsvytTiXw

Unless you're a mix or mastering engineer nobody gives a fuck about your ears

how are giant testes supposed to improve sound?

nobody gives a fuck about engineer ears either because gotta be loud bruh need that bass niggggguuuuhhhh

Multidirectional midrange speakers

oh

oh my

>tfw you're sick of hearing 12 year olds try to turn the word "normies" into a thing

The proper term which has been approved by Sup Forums culture is "pleb" which is short for "plebeian" which is actually a real word. You remind me of a child who thinks he's cool for coming up with a compound insult word like "buttface". Would you rather sound like a child or a respectable member of the Sup Forums community?

Ugly girls

If most wealthy audiophiles really cared about sound, they'd sink money more into acoustic treatment (e.g. bass traps, non-parallel walls etc.) is an absurdly expensive set-up, that could be beat by powered studio monitors coming from a DAC connected to my mom's macbook in a properly treated room.

The Orpheus is only $55k tho. Some crazy audiophiles spend that much in wiring alone

He's going to cut off the top ~7% of his treble with that cable actually laying on a rug. Pah, pleb.

TV with speaker in the center

>he don't want fap a feminist

really questioning the sonic properties of that bowl

Only works in the default garbage player.

>not posted

T H I C K

Funny, I don't see any heavy machinery nearby that would warrant such thick cabling.

Does no one have that webm of this big buy with a bit longer than avarage hair listening to something on headphones and getting spastic movements while listening? Sort of a giant autistic audiophile

I never understood this. Why all the equipment? All youre doing is adding onto the music, taking away from what the engineer and mastering guy intended for the music. All you really need is a good dac+amp and some flat response headphones or monitors.