What is Sup Forums's favorite non-meme laptop?

What is Sup Forums's favorite non-meme laptop?

Powerbook G4. It has the best keyboard i have ever used on a laptop.
All my other laptops are meme laptops (G40, x61t, T420.)

Tough choice between Toughbooks, and the last version of the Powerbook G3.

XPS 13

There are too many good laptops, the Poorpad 600E really is/was all-around GOAT though.

The IBM ThinkPad x61

Fully loaded Dell Precision 15 7510
>Xeon E3-1575M v5 (Quad Core 3.00GHz, 3.90GHz Turbo, 8MB 45W)
>Iris Pro Graphics P580
>Nvidia Quadro M2000M 4GB GDDR5
>15.6 UltraSharp 3840x2160
>32GB (4x8GB) 2667MHz DDR4 SDRAM
>(1+1)TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Class 40 SSD in RAID0
>6 Cell (91 Whr) Long Life Cycle Lithium Polymer battery
Why settle for anything less? Are you so poor that you canta fford a $4,782.39 laptop?

>Retina Macbook Pro 13/15
>Dell XPS 13/15
>ASUS Zenbook UX306
>System76 Oryx Pro

Thinkpad T420 newfriend

12" PowerBook G4

Once I get a job I'm upgrading mine from XGA to SXGA+ and installing two SSDs in RAID0

Photo because come on, it's perfection

How cute, I only ever saw the larger ones.
It's like an iBook G4 but less flimsy.

2013 17" MBP.

Needs a dock connector though, which would detract from the ascetics.

kys

Why, the Panasonic RZ5 of course! It's one of the few laptops with a 16:10 screen.

>implying a magsafe-type docking system would harm it aesthetically in any way
I don't get what's with you fags and this "functionality looks bad, everything must be only a screen and a keyboard" attitude

Not him but I want a slot on the bottom like ThinkPads and Latitudes have.

Pretty much what I was thinking of too, though it probably didn't sound like it.

Even some weird-ass DuoDock-type thing would probably be pretty good if they could find a way to do it with their shitty aluminum aesthetic in a way that doesn't look like ass, maybe they could even use it as an excuse to murder the Mac Pro once and for all, it's begging for death already.

What's the battery life on that thing? 3 hours?

Maybe, but I'm taking you with me.

There's a couple different ways to do it, yeah. But Apple never did it.

They just need to take a 27" iMac and use the space in the back for a laptop slot instead of computer guts

You need to slap woodgrain on that entire room

No

Toshiba Chromebook 2. No I'm not joking or meming. Insane battery life, m.2 based ssd (replaceable), gorgeous 1080p screen, and the skullcandy audio chip in it gives it ridiculous sound for a 13" laptop. I mean clear sound from across the room sound. Including the 128GB microSD card I put in it, it cost me $300 brand new. And chrome OS is more than functional for what I use it for. Found it can connect to Windows servers with no tweaking needed.

Why would you need a "dock"? Just have a little box that your keyboard and mouse and monitor all plug into, with a thunderbolt 3 plug that goes into the laptop. Or have the keyboard and mouse plug into the monitor.

How's the screen? I just bought a Lenovo n22 Chromebook and regret it so much because the screen is awful, I should have spent a bit more for something like the Toshiba Chromebook.

>Just have a little box that your keyboard and mouse and monitor all plug into, with a thunderbolt 3 plug that goes into the laptop
That's a dock, user. As for why one would want a ThinkPad style dock, why not make it even easier than your solution and just have a space on your desk where you place your laptop and it's instantly connected to everything and charging? Because that's exactly why I'll never buy a laptop without a dock again.

>How's the screen? I just bought a Lenovo n22 Chromebook and regret it so much because the screen is awful, I should have spent a bit more for something like the Toshiba Chromebook.
Amazing. I mean absolutely great. 1080p and very vibrant colors. Backlight is very bright and even at sub 40% brightness, more than easy enough to still see everything.

I get close to 13 hours battery life at 50% screen brightness doing standard web browsing. Around 7 hours if I'm streaming Blu-ray rips off of my server. This laptop only has a 3 cell by the way.

My model is the celeron 3215u and 4GB model variant. I believe there is an i3 model if I'm not mistaken. Crouton support works decent if you MUST have Linux. And the 16GB m.2 ssd can be replaced with a 120/250GB one. Just look up "m.2 2242 ssd" on newegg. They're like $65 for the 250GB.

The last 17" MBP is first gen Thunderbolt. But yeah, that would work I suppose.

Well yeah but if this is going to be a thing it'll be for their new models and the box will cost $100 and will only work with apple branded keyboards and mice and dual cinema displays.

Nice. Well I'll probably upgrade to something like that in a year or so.

As a happy owner, I agree with all user says.

Does this count?

No, that's a UMPC

Well, in that case...

I'd have to say one of these if they were still a thing.