Speccy Thread

Anyone get anything nice recently? I bought a Fury on the cheap and have finally found a graphics card I'm happy with.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pjZ3MmxP0Fg
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129191
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148679
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm saving for an i7 2600K machine, but this is what I've got.

Get my monitor today, seems bretty good

I'm actually afraid to use a 144hz display because I'm the type to get spoiled by a refresh rate and then anything lower looks like shit.

You can definitely tell how much smoother it is with 144hz. I'm never going back

Those Dell cases have such a weird fucking layout.

Four year old laptop edition.

i fucking hate working on any dell case
Its so fucking cluttered with useless ass plastic

I got an RX 480 from work for $250. CDN and I got another one on the way for the same price when ever the Postal service decides to go back to work.

>CPU getting hot, idling at high 40s/light 50s and reaching high 60s during gayman
>new thermal paste does little to help
>will probably have to upgrade from stock cooler

I know it's cheap and easy, but I just don't want to, man. I just want my 1060

Just don't worry about it.
High 60s during gaming isn't going to hurt anything.

>IDE cable
thats some vintage shit my man

intel cpus can probably go up to 70-80c and be fine

When I was a youngin I had my computer shut down from the CPU overheating tens of times before I realised what the problem was. That CPU still lasted another five years before I replaced the computer.

Im happy you found something that makes you happy user

Frankenstein charging through

Is it good ? I'm planning to buy a 480
It's it good in 1080p ?

bottlenecks an i7 6700k due to driver overhead. i'd buy the nVidia GTX 1060 for a better gaming experience.

It's pretty good $250. for that price I can't complain 1060 is $330-400 and a 1070 is is $600 which is not bad but I felt like giving AMD a try this generation as I've been having too many issues with Nvidia. so $500 dollars for performance that's close and sometimes exceeding a 1070 seemed like a good deal(When CF is supported) I just hope my house doesn't burn down.

The driver overhead can be bad if you don't have an ok CPU this user is not wrong up to 20% in some games.

I heard that it's bottlenecking a 5 yo CPU, but not a 6700k.

Are the temps cool ? Are you running a ref card ?
>nvidia issues

Such as ?

>Windows 10 Enterprise

you're a good user, user

Yes reference card. The temps are kinda terrible the thermal limit is 90 degrees Celsius which is too high imo but 10 minutes in wattman you can undervolt and keep it in mid 70s without causing any limits that would lower clock speeds.

As for nvidia issues I ran SLI 480 gtx's for a while and they were great no problems but then I decided it was time to use my PC as a PC and not a heater and got a 770 gtx(Some of this could be ASUS's fault to. I'm avoiding them for a while too) and right out of the box everything was artifacting. so I returned that one got a replacement same brand a year later both fans on the card were dead. So I RMAd it got my card back artifacts again sent that one back they sent back a brand new gtx 770 which finally worked for a while, but recently nvidia drivers seem to be getting worse and all the games I have been playing have been crashing (Display driver has recovered from an error message) So when the RX480 came in stock at work I picked one up plugged it in everything is running amazingly compared to before and no more crashing... for now.

Also I know this is purely anecdotal but my 770 did get slower on games like metro 2033 in benchmarks overtime and everything felt worse after a while.

You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change for example.
Even if you yourself are not concerned about the data collection, you still expose information about your friends and family via Microsoft's aggressive surveillance methods.
You should not use, support or endorse this operating system.

The spyware has been backported to Windows 7 and 8.1 as well.
You can much more easily remove it though - all it takes is uninstalling the related updates.
You can find out which via a quick google search for 'telemetry updates for windows 7 and 8.1', and then hiding them in Windows Update.
Don't forget to check for these every month or so, as Microsoft can push out new updates anytime that can reinstall the spyware.

1060 suffers from driver overhead too. Just not quite as bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=pjZ3MmxP0Fg

Thanks for the feedback.
I'll wait for Sapphire aftermarket cards.

>1060
>Zotac

how to get W10 LTSB
as all this shit microsoft is bringing to consumer versions is taking the piss.

And before a retard asks if these are idle temps, obviously not. They're load temps after an hour of gaming.

Got a r9 390 g1 as a rma upgrade of r9 290 ref and new ram for my birthday lol. Although I need a real cpu cooler

Protip: Never buy Gigabyte card from AMD. They just Copy paste the same design from GTX without any optimalization. I bet your temperatures are high as fuck, and you rarely (or never) see the Fan #Stop signs lit up.

Kinda cool that we have the same cooler tho.

>They just Copy paste the same design from GTX without any optimalization
You're thinking of Asus. Gigabyte usually do okay with their AMD cards. The 390 is actually an exception though, since it's the only voltage locked card on the market. As an RMA upgrade from a reference 290 though... that's a sweet deal.

wew

Your temps are high because you use 2 monitors, AMD R9 390 takes something like 40-50W idling with 2 monitors on the desktop.

If you disable one of the monitors, it'll probably be fan stop unless you actually try to use it.

>tfw bought 980 simply because it was more available.

Yes, Asus doing almost the same thing. I had the 380, and while it was Okay, the fucking LED on the side annoyed the shit out of me. Altough yes, thats a pretty sweet deal.

It probably, altough my case (NZXT S340) has a really fucking bad airflow. When I take off the side panel,there is 4-7 C° Drop on GPU/CPU.

If I put all 4 fans to 100% I couldn't achive even 2 or 3C°

The cards just use ridiculous amount of power with 2 monitors. For comparison a single monitor puts those cards below 15W. Which is a huge departure from ~50W.

Better airflow would help, but I think you might get better effect if you put one of the monitors on the IGP instead. Assuming you're not using both for gaming or something.

for $200, Im satisfied

Is this the bird of an epic new meme?

These are almost 10 Terabytes.
What do you have on them???

Nice.
How does it perform user?

i won't even bother plugging in all my USB HDDs

There is at least one speccy in this thread with over 17TB.

10TB is somewhat modest.

I'd probably been running my 4770 in my dusty ass cramped case for a few months, after a while I decided to see what it was running at during gaming, it was 80-90c finally cleaned it out and then got a mid tower for more airflow. Down to around 65c now with shit Intel fan. Been using it in that itx tower for a few years. Intel ftw.

Forgot I had pics on phone.

>mfw CPU idling at 64 °C

t-time to clean it up I guess

where?

This one is posted regularly and has 17.75TB including the SSDs.
This one has a bit over 8TB but most people wouldnt notice because they're 4TB drives.
People seem easily impressed by 5-10+ small hard drives, but ignore the people with 2-4 very dense hard drives.

i think it's funnier to have more smaller drives that occupy every possible sata port (and one pata)

I guess? I personally prefer a larger internal drive to many small drives, especially once you start using external interfaces.

It really isn't. The heat they put out is unreal. It's a lot easier to deal with big drives. They are also faster usually.

everything is pretty old as you can see, got the nas drive almost a year ago, and the video card a month ago. psu is thermaltake TR2 TR-600, case is newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129191 with black gaff tape over the left side vent and only the rear exhaust running and not the two top fans (should put a filter on it and see if it runs cooler, blocked it for that reason).
>inb4 lol shoulda waited until 980Ti's are $150
i just shitpost on youtube and play source games. it's perfect for that.
got the mobo/cpu 2.5 years ago for $62.50 :^)

>everything is pretty old as you can see
I don't see shit, faggot.

well, i wouldn't replace my old 250GB Samsung even tho it became waaay to small for my needs. i have a sentiment for it
i have 7 of them close to each other and i don't complain about their temps

sry i took some valium, smoked a joint, and drank some coffee.

bought an 850 evo last week. brety gud

Yea maybe, if you have a setup suitable for that kind of arrangement but I have no airflow. My fans are sub 600 RPM. Plus I have a WD Gold which heats up like a blowtorch.

>if you have a setup suitable for that kind of arrangement
not even a bit. just buy a bunch of fans. i use three F12tc which do miracles with the temp and i have everything packed up tightly

I have no room for fans even if I wanted to mount some, which I don't because that'd bring noise up. My case is extremely cramped with the hardware in there. (Alpenföhn K2 cooler in a microATX case)

Fuck my shit up

p nice if not a little old. god tier processor for it's day. i have the x4 840. needs more gigabytes though.

care to post your guts? i have it pretty cramped as well

>current year
>doesn't have at least 10TB of storage

getting 2 more seagate 4TB nas in a few days.

Yeah it's a nice CPU, does what I need it to do. Probably getting an i5 if it dies unless AMD's next line of CPUs actually ends up good.

Will probably get more RAM soon, the kit I have now is dogshit.

I got a 1060 recently.
>2048MB
Jesus, get your act together Piriform.

I don't have a picture of guts. The case and cooler are in this picture, but I have dismantled that computer and replaced the insides with something else. The cooler, graphics card and case remain the same.

Well it hasn't been updated since december, not sure why you'd expect it to correctly report for a card that released this month.

Hell, I wouldnt be shocked if it still didn't report correctly even if they do come out with an update soon. Speccy is known for having shitty detection.

I've got brand new 1070 for two 3rds of it's price.

And yes, there WILL be updates to balance the rest around the GPU (motherboard, CPU and RAM)

>balance the rest around the GPU (motherboard, CPU and RAM)

None of that is unbalanced for a GTX 1070 so i'm not sure what you're smoking.

If anything needs an upgrade its your monitor.

they can't even make Speccy work with HD204UI HDDs correctly

My Optiplex 7010 is a pretty good quality case.
Honestly I only have one problem with Dell, and that is that they have made proprietary front header ports for the motherboard.
I wanted to get a new case so I can OC but since they did that I can't.

it won't die if you reapply thermal paste and don't OC and remove (ungodly amounts) of dust. just get DDR3-1600. i just put in 8GB of DDR2-800. i meant storage by gigabytes.
mine is pretty nice as a little media server/seedbox/light gaming
pic is laptop

I'm playing Arma 3 quite a lot and that game is so CPU heavy that anything below 4.0ghz is causing quite crappy performance.

But I want to wait for some time and then swap that new-entry motherboard for some 1151 Z170 and 4570 for 6700k (+the new RAM sticks ofcourse).

Honestly that's barely an upgrade for stock single core performance, you'd only really see it from overclocking, which would be still fairly minimal gains overall.

But hey its your money.

Some decent overclocking will definitely be a thing (already have a solid CPU cooler). But as I said, I will wait, mostly for my head to cool down. I've got plenty of extra money from a traffic accident I had a year ago and since money won't heal me, I can spend it on something that I like and enjoy. And it won't be that much of an impact to the overall budget.

>Well it hasn't been updated since december
That was barely an update either. They were forced into it because it was causing BSODs on Windows 10 and Microsoft started automatically removing it from people's machines during the November update. Most of what they did was just fixing that. It hasn't had a large update since January 2015. Guess it doesn't make them enough money to give a shit about it.

Are my temperatures good? My 970 runs at like 75-80C when I'm playing GTA V, isn't it too hot? I made a custom fan curve on msi afterburner but the coolers get too loud.

My old GTX760 was always running at 80C in a games such as GTA V. Are these your idle temps? The GPU is a bit higher, does it have fanstop?

Yes, those are idle temps. By default the coolers only start running at like 60C or something.

and we have the same CPU cooler.
but nah unless i'm on video playback rendering or gaymen its ALWAYS on stop, this is with a 4k moniter with a 720p it didnt turn fans on even with HDready video playback on.
but temps get up to 85 degrees on full load furmark and 79 ingame so yeah toasty

Then it should be alright although it's still a bit higher (usually these idle temps with fanstop are below 40). You can set the curve to keep the fans running at the lowest speed possible, they should be barely audible.

I think they're higher because I overclocked my GPU, if I put my fans to 20% they're really silent. I don't really like that fanstop

r8

Yeah, overclock explains it. I don't like fanstop either. It makes me kinda nervous. Also my ZOTAC GTX1070 Amp Extreme tends to keep turning fans on and off when the temperature fluctuates around the on/off threshold. It sounds like if the computer is breathing. So I have it running on 30% all the time.

t.

EVGA's coolers are shit. That's the price you pay for good aftersales support.

AMD is coming back, hopefully their new zen chip will not suck. I was told to buy their stock when it was at $1.60 now it is at $6.86.

is there any way to make the ram timing better on this? first 4GB is soldered. second module is newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148679 (CAS 11). thanks.