Oh my. No words

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FVb25eomcrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is getting annoying.

We're comparing old Gpus in different price brackets?

What are you getting at here?

the 6990 also launched in 2011 for $999 and it's now abandoned.

Instead of actually playing and enjoying video games he's just defending his favorite brand of consumer products. He doesn't even work for the company and is doing the marketing department's job for free.

I'm sure the dozen people still using that card are in tears

Probably, one or the other.

Isn't the 6990 faster than a 7970/280x anyways? Had amd not drop support it could've been faster than a 780 ti today!

>dual gpu card
>faster today

No.

Jesus Christ poor white people are sad.

Duh because amd abandoned it prematurely.

GCN 1.1 and 1.2 will be next. They tried to gimp the 290x but got caught.

>shilling unwittingly

These fags are the worst kind of "people".

wow amd had hardware async and vulkan support in 2011!!! there is no way this title is heavily amd biased of course, that simply doesn't make any sense

Dual GPU is never good and the improvements that AMD made for it came with Crossfire-X anyway.

>They tried to gimp the 290x but got caught.

Where? They literally can't anyway since the 390x is a rebrand.

This is so fucking hilarious.

My friend sold 2 of his 3 7970's, not even 5 months old, to me and got 3 780Ti's instead. (Yes, he was xfire and sli'ing them).

If he saw this he would probably have an aneurysm.

Also: the 7970 was launched on 09/JAN/2012. Not 2011.

Wasn't the 6990 a dual VLIW GPU card? That's like two problem flags on one circuit board.

That now-obsolete architecture was always kind of hit or miss: either something would fit its quirks and run really well (as proven by some compute applications), or the performance would be shit. It was especially bad with geometry shading and tessellation iirc. And some recent games use those a lot even when they're not "sponsored" by Nvidia.

And then there's the fact it was a dual GPU so it needed horrible driver hacks to get more than half the promised performance from the start.

You do realise Nvidia used doom to show off ansel right?

>horrible hacks

dude, Omega drivers were clean as shit. so good even AMD had to recognize him. don;t be hatin.

Actually when the 390 and 390x came out, they were caught gimping the 290 and 290x, and giving the 390 and 390x specific driver only enhancements.

But then people figured out how to install 390 bios onto 290 and AMD gave up since they're shit at anything software and can't compete with a bunch of basement dwellers

>adjusted fps

Thats because - if anyone actually read the article the chart is from - Nvidia cards aren't actually displaying frames correctly.

Hardocp tested that theory upon release and look what they found.

>AMD biased
>Anything developed by id
>Anything published by Bethesda

Those bios updates did literally nothing. I was there.

>No hairworks

Fucking retard commenting on an issue you lack any knowledge about.

The drive provided tessellation improvements, it was a big deal over the overclockers and guru3d forums.

they also did stuff like force tessellation levels lower for witcher 3 on 300 series cards (not 200 series) until cd projekt added tessellation settings the options UI.

It is amusing how suddenly xyz developer is in AMD's pocket because that is the only explaination as to why AMD is ahead.

Never mind id having been fairly close to Nvidia for the last 20 or so years.

I played W3 on launch day. You could edit the tessellation with a simple ini edit. Even people with Kekpler cards did it because of the shit tessellation performance.

specifically this was done in catalyst 15.7 and ended up getting reverted because people started calling out AMD for reducing image quality and conflating it with '''optimization'''

You do realise the ability to lower tessellation has been in catalyst for a long fucking time? Crimson equally has the option.

>there is no way this title is heavily amd biased of course, that simply doesn't make any sense
Are we talking about the same title that forced the launch version to run on an older version of OpenGL on AMD cards than nvidia cards? You know, the company that has been accused of blatant nvidia shilling?

i know, but there is a difference between having the option to improve performance by reducing fidelity and having the lower settings forced onto you by the driver. AMD was essentially trying to cheat.

>it's an AMDoomed thread

Nice meme xd

I don't remember hearing about any of this and I had a 290x. Having a hard time seeing any evidence of it either.

I suspect Sup Forums is salty that they didn't invest in AMD stocks a few months ago - the ROI is pretty damn good about now.

If I knew what I was doing and had the spare cash I would have done so.

No AMD card is OpenGL 4.5 compliant, they are not even 4.4 compliant.

Take your tinfoil hat off

I thought the entire 300 series doesn't support newer opengl? Only tonga and the new poolaris does

>amd only got opengl/opengl to """"compete""""" with cuda
>doesn't even properly support it

The hardware is but the drivers don't

Man what a trainwreck

AMD's site claims 4.5 support for the 300 series from catalyst 15.30.

>people are still dumb enough to buy nvidia while this shit happens

it supports some extensions but its not fully compliant.

I haven't written OpenGL code for recent AMD hardware, but in my past experience AMD + recent OpenGL features == pain.

The GL driver might say it supports some feature but actually using it would just result in garbage output from shaders, or a client-side driver crash. There might be some API state in which it would work, but finding one could take weeks of tinkering and guesswork.

Instancing and reading params from buffers in shaders at the same time never really worked on pre-GCN GL afaik despite what AMD says. Even the open-source Linux drivers support this.

This. Based on their D3D11 support and Mesa's efforts I don't think the hardware is missing any features; their GL implementation is just buggy, slow crap.

what AMD claims and what they support in reality is tenuous. they don't support all of the extensions mandated by opengl 4.4/4.5 and have no support for GLSL 4.50 (which is required by the spec as well).

>people are still dumb enough to buy amd while this shit happens

I really need to get in on this stock market meme

I did it in eve online and made about 50 billion after 4 months of playing

no kidding, opengl 4.5 was released like two years ago.

AMD is just as alive as your trash waifu.

What does it tell you when Nvidia still does worse?

youtube.com/watch?v=FVb25eomcrI

GPU threads belong on Sup Forums

are you dumb?

My dick belong in your ass

S A V A G E

My cock belongs in your dock

indeed, just as watch threads belong in Actually, GPU threads should really be in as there's no real performance to be said.

What the fuck is going on with these GPU threads?

I thought i am on Sup Forums and not on Sup Forums. How the fuck one buys GPUs if one does not play gayms?

Hypocrisy/10

go back to Sup Forums kid

Isn't summer great?

It's winter.