Android/Google Botnet

>Mandatory google account to use Android
>Exposing all of your personal info and browsing habits to all-mighty GOOGLE botnet
>Unstable OS with occasionally terrible updates that crash
>Bloatware up the ass
>Did I mention Botnet?

What's the point of Android phones? iPhones have obvious drawbacks but you can't deny that iOS is fucking solid and the screen and camera and gorgeous. Plus Apple doesn't track your browsing habits nearly as much as google does.

Give me a reason to get an S7 over a 6+

>Protip: you can't

I just want a mobile provider in Aus that didn't require a drivers licence to register.

I may have to look into voip and use open wifi.

What? You need a Google account to use android?
Android constantly crashes?
It's bloated?

But I haven't had any of these issues on my Nexus 5...

2010 called, they want the Gingerbread back.

Stock Android < IPhone >> Custom Android ROM

>stock android
>not cyanogen

AOSP doesn't have these problems.

>Give me a reason to get an S7

If you buy an S7 I can almost surely guarantee that you're gonna buy an iPhone after that. Don't buy samsung phones, ever!

I don't have a Google account and I am running Android, purely my own ROM based off of pure AOSP.
>crahes
mine never crashes on my OnePlus X
>bloat
Yeah with stock Samshit ROMS I agree
>duh buttnets
Removed botnet since I made my own ROM

>Samsung and iPhone
> E V E R
>not buying a decent phone like a OnePlus or Nexus
Samsung and iPhones are abominations to society

if i got the ip of an android/iphone connected to my network how would i controll that device witought having acces to it

you forgot 0 updates after 12 months so you might as well throw your phone away

command prompt
diskpart
select disk 0
clean
desktopsupport /start [ip]

>i dont have an image file of my windows driive
>i keep all my files on my windows drive
it wouldnt even bother me becuse im not a faggot like you

stock icrap isn't better than custom ROMs you stupid fuck.

>Mandatory google account to use Android
Nope. Only if you want to use the Play Store. Otherwise, Android is perfectly usable without a Google account.

>Exposing all of your personal info and browsing habits to all-mighty GOOGLE botnet
There are browsers on Android other than Chrome.

>Unstable OS with occasionally terrible updates that crash
Various ROMs of Android have varying levels of stability. But even on Cyanogenmod nightlies, I'd say it's stable enough to use as a daily driver.

>Bloatware up the ass
Cyanogenmod and AOSP have practically zero bloat.

>Did I mention Botnet?
This is where I call your bullshit and demand proof. The only proprietary code in Android is the drivers and Gapps. You can use Android without Gapps, and the chances that your driver code is going to contain some malicious botnet shit is relatively low.

>What's the point of Android phones?
Freedom.

>iPhones have obvious drawbacks but you can't deny that iOS is fucking solid and the screen and camera and gorgeous.
iOS is insecure trash, Apple can't code for shit, and locking the entire fucking OS away from unsigned code is a very bad placebo.

>Plus Apple doesn't track your browsing habits nearly as much as google does.
This is where I ALSO demand proof.

>Give me a reason to get an S7 over a 6+
Get neither, and stop thinking that Samsung = Android. They use a heavily modified ROM and lock down fucking everything just as Apple does. Get a Nexus, a Oneplus Three, or an Xperia. As soon as you get it out of the box, install the latest Cyanogenmod. Do not install Gapps if you do not want Google's shit. Do install F-Droid.

Is there a way to log in ONLY at Play Store?

I'm not gonna touch on subject of OS, but 6+ and 6s+ and 7 Pro or whatever it's going to be called are memes.
They're pointlessly large, with no real benefit but a slightly larger screen for apps.
The OS acts exactly the same, making for an extremely limited experience that doesn't care about space usage.

Android != Google

You can have Android without any of the Google bloat. You can even build it yourself.

/thread

>Removed botnet since I made my own ROM
>'Since I picked a ROM that quenched my paranoia with a drink of false security.'
FTFY

How much is apple paying you? Can I be a paid apple shill to? I'll do it if the pay is good enough.

>sperging at the first difference of opinion
I'm sorry for that I hope you can improve in the future.

>'Since I picked a ROM that quenched my paranoia with a drink of false security.'
With Android, you can install busybox and get netstat or tcpdump or similar tools to monitor network connections for shady stuff.For those who can't be bothered, but want to see what the hell is going on in the background, tether your device to your desktop or laptop. Open up a terminal on the computer and run one of the mentioned tools. Let it run for awhile. I see only my email being updated hourly and weekly cyanogenmod updates now. Previously, there was almost constant traffic thanks to GAPPS. I have a limited data plan so that shit was completely unacceptable and I think both Google and Carriers need to be called out on this.

If you're used to Apple stay with them. I switched from Android to Apple and I can't stand the OS. It's the little things, all your apps have to be on a home screen and there are no widgets.

None of this is important, go with your preference. It's like mac vs. pc. I use a pc and feel clumsy and on a leash with mac, but I'm not going to tell you that one is better than the other, it's whatever you like.

I'm not having any of these issues

After owning many Android tablets I have come to the conclusion that they all fucking blow. Get a tablet PC like a Surface 3 instead.

Android simply wasn't meant to be a usable tablet OS.

>give me a reason to buy this piece of shit over this other piece of shit

Start considering actually good phones for starters instead for falling for le samsung meme vs le apple meme.

>stock custom ROMs
>not selfmade ROM
what has Sup Forums come to

I fell for it, biut and S7 and regret it deeply.

Roll on iPhone 7... i'll be pre-ordering