Hard disk sentinel thread

hard disk sentinel thread
how many days have you left until your hard drives death? I have 127 days left user. I'll have to say goodbye to a lot of pictures within 4 months

what is that programm?

/app

>Samsung SSD
>trusts some third party piece of shit software instead of Samsung's own diagnostic tools
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

I've read a study on S.M.A.R.T. data and failure rates.
Conclusion: S.M.A.R.T. has no predictive value.

Enjoy your placebo.

> an HDD selected
u wot m8

hard disk sentinel: the most advanced hard disk info tool there is.

Yes, idiot, it's obvious the OP is checking the status of the Seagate hard drive but I'll bet you anything he/she/it also uses it to check the status of the SSD.

Third party tools are useless, only the manufacturer's diagnostic tools are relevant.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

Which study?

I think most that I've read say that while it can't really predict time, certain problems SMART reports do actually indicate significantly raised chances of failure.

i think hashcat fucked my HDD when i was cracking 350 million hashes

surprisingly seatools for dos fixed the bad sectors hence the switch from 14% to 91%

i should also try seatools for dos. thanks for the informative post

> surprisingly seatools for dos fixed the bad sectors hence the switch from 14% to 91%
Sounds like utter placebo, regardless if it was the data fudging by seatools for dos or this program's random metrics.

The health bullshit is bogus anyhow. Even large data centers that cared enough to do studies couldn't really do much prediction of failure on individual drives.

"Passed after Repair" is a special condition where bad sectors were detected as unreadable and the user
gave permission to SeaTools to attempt to reallocate blank replacement sectors which was successful.
The drive is now considered a good drive. A few defects are usually not a cause for concern. For
example, there are nearly four hundred million sectors on a 200GB drive. Nonetheless, you should run
the LONG Test more often to see if there is a trend of growing defects.

HDD Sentinel estimate don't mean shit. Drives can work from 1500 to 2500 days easy.

> bad sectors were detected as unreadable and the user gave permission to SeaTools to attempt to reallocate blank replacement sectors
Isn't that just the same as the regular sector reallocating that the HDD does when it it detects errors during normal operation?

I don't see how the fuck that should make the drive health any better.

A full remap instead of simply allowing the drive controller to map as it goes is similar to defragmenting, but for sectors instead of files.

It takes quite a bit of time and is indeed mostly placebo. Mostly

>Write Error Rate have increased by one
>Health is still 100%

kek what a fucking scam it just estimates lifespan to a total of 1824 days for all disks

This is the one that bothers me...

>K'Thunk!

Pretty good so far. Don't judge my Windows XP

that looks like a desktop pc which is never moved around. that's good for hdd's. well done

What "remap"? It's apparently the same damn thing as happens when you'd try to write anything.

It just writes zeros to the blocks right then. That's apparently the whole extent of what it does.

I guess a sysadmin can kinda better know the statistics of whether THAT process worked or failed if it's done right at that point rather than eventually, but it won't improve drive health?

>1.776 days of power on time
>100% Performance
>100% Health
Baller