I bought a Blue Yeti mic today

How bad did I fuck up Sup Forums? I wanted a decent omni-direcitonal microphone to isolate my voice away from the speaker output

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0aDxSgtlexI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You didn't, they are great.

Are you memeing? Because i've heard that they're the Razer/Apple of microphones.

this
shill
you fucked up

In that case, what is the best omni-directional mic for use with surround sound speakers?

The quality is nice. I bought mine for a good price 5+ years ago. Can't comment if they're overpriced nowadays

Would you pay $90 for it? Got it brand new off eBay for that much

I refunded this one for $80 because BRAND NEW but also said that it only included the mic/cord (possible that it wouldn't come with the stand)

Memes
Memetor

I'm pretty sure Razer is the Razer of microphones

This desu senpai

you fell for some disgusting hipster meme

nice one faggot

pls respond

Can you upload a binaural sample to vocaroo?
Also how's the Linux compatibility?

Why omni?

Don't got it yet but it's very compatible with Linux. The processing is done through the hardware.

Sure, looks like decent price, that's less than on Amazon

But I don't know what other good mics are out nowadays that compete with it. I'm not really up to date

pls respond

why the fuck get an omnidirectional when you want to isolate your voice?

>Speaker output
You fucking retard

I don't know. I figured the Yeti's tools would allow me to isolate it better than a standard mic

Enjoy your ears being chapped all the time. Even the most comfortable headphones in the world are a fucking nightmare to wear.

shouldve gotten a cardioid you retard

a normal (semi)cardioid would've been cheaper, altho i think the yeti has a card mode

I got it because I can isolate the pattern settings so sound will only be picked up in front of the microphone

that is literally what a cardioid design does. you just paid like 3 times extra to get the same performance in an omni-capable mic

Alright so I'm a retard and I'm cancelling my order for the Blue Yeti and getting the Blue Spark. Found it online for $80 (it's a $200 mic)

It's a cardioid microphone with an included filter, stand and it does USB plus lightning for Macfags and the standard shit for musicians and studio settings/audio interfaces

Am I still a retard for buying this?
youtu.be/0aDxSgtlexI

>goybook
>not the blade

pls respond I don't know if this deal will last
$80 for a $200 mic that gets great reviews

blue yeti are shit, get a at2020 or something half decent

>a at2020
not getting the yeti anymore, I'm considering the spark since it's a high end cordioid mic for $80

yep the AT2020. Theyre better than the yetis. Also that may look gimmiky but its fucking awful quality wise

Look up reviews with frequency testing, they're pretty much unbeatable under 100 dollars.

Having multiple patterns and an actually decent USB interface is just a nice bonus.

I'm getting an AT2020 for $69 and spending the money I saved on a USB interface and a mic stand/filter.

Good decision?

yep. You dont really need a pop filter for these too so you will be good to go.

You didn't "fuck up" but you paid for a brutally overpriced microphone.

They are just real shitty microphones with a shitty interface packaged together and sold for big bux

You should have just bought a snowball or something if you were going to go this route.

You could buy a cheap interface and an sm58 or something for not much more than a yeti.

Best advice is unless you want a shit mic and you're only gonna spend like 30 bux max don't buy USB microphones.

The real question is why you need an expensive mic.
Your furry wow guild doesn't care about your voice. You could buy a 1$ 3,5mm male to male cable and use your cellphone as a mic.

Look for a second hand Samson CO1U USB

Because I'm a game designer and people need decent devlogs

Fine if you make a living streaming or recording audio and a decent microphone could make all the difference. But otherwise, it's pointless.

>I'm a game designer
Oh so you're THAT guy

Have a Samson Go Mic coming today, my very first cardiode, figured worth a shot for 40 dollars

Are there really cheap replacement?
I'm looking to make some ASMR.

My mic is notoriously bad and I get shit on every time I make a video

How did I do Sup Forums? 98 dollars total and it'll be here today.

pls respond I want to know how I did

Oh look, it's another "X is popular, therefore X is shit" thread.

Checked