If you live outside the US never buy Powercolor. They have no support and trying to RMA is useless

If you live outside the US never buy Powercolor. They have no support and trying to RMA is useless.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/3cua5i/powercolor_a_warning_to_potential_consumers/
forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18038352
youtube.com/watch?v=6SYNayNQi6s
guru3d.com/articles-pages/powercolor-radeon-rx-480-red-devil-review,1.html
forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2016/07/19/crunching-the-numbers-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-versus-amd-radeon-rx-480/#55f430c4166f
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Video-Card-Failure-Rates-by-Generation-563/
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Most-Reliable-PC-Hardware-of-2015-749/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the shop i buy this from handles warranty issues. americucks have to beg on their knees for replacements.

which shop and which country?

Then which should I get if I live in Europe?

>The reference cards and the Sapphire Nitro are loud as fuck.
>XFX has no warranty at all in Europe
>The ASUS Strix starts at 350€
>The HIS card has the ugliest design known to man

Is the Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 G1 Gaming any good?

>no warranty at all in Europe
This isn't even legal in civilized countries.

no this user but in germany, we have mindfactory

you can even send back gpu's which failed after warranty expiration and you get a reasonable refund

I don't buy AMD.

>germany

I'm so sorry.

for the new era of mankind? the yellow brown mixed race revolution?

> design
It's inside the case, why do you give a fuck?

switzerland and every shop we have

reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/3cua5i/powercolor_a_warning_to_potential_consumers/

forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18038352

Function + Form > Function > Form

Form and function together is extra value over pure function.

>trusting an OEM for a warranty

sounds like a reddit post alright.

When my h60 water cooler went dead within the warranty, I just chucked it in the trash. Not worth the hassle.

Yeah there're literally no buyable RX480. Gigabyte back-bracket doesn't allow airflow despite length-wise heat dissipation fins. What the actual fuck. HIS, XFX, Sapphire 2 year warranty, Powercolour is an obvious cheap cheap dumb taiwanese company probably owned by a more reputable one. Asus too expensive in Europe to not just go to an EVGA or Zotac ... which only do nvidia cards.
But EVGA fucked their designs up lately now they're back to being sensible but they dropped down to 3 year warranties.

Thank GPU market, you pile of shit.

>he bought AMD

>even considering buying that

You better be 14 kid.

Sapphire or XFX for quality AMD
Giga/Asus if they are on discount
Powercolor is for trash divers, They are the lowest of low end AiBs.

You sound retarded. RMAs are handled through the original retailer for almost every brand here in the UK. Only a handful like EVGA, Gigabyte and PNY offer any kind of direct end user support, and even those can be done through the retailer too.

If you live in Europe it is the retailers responsibility to repair/replace your card, not the manufacturer

>Powercolor is for trash divers, They are the lowest of low end AiBs
Clueless. PowerColor make some of the better AMD cards. Their PCS+ and Devil models have consistently been some of the better-performing coolers. They're FAR better than Asus or Gigabyte for AMD cards, and the fact that you'd recommend either over them makes me think you've never actually bought any of them. Enjoy your cucked voltage locked cards from Gigabyte and recycled Nvidia coolers from Asus, offering temperatures literally 20 degrees higher than Sapphire/PowerColor.

>AMD
lol just lol

Thank you Sanjay, 5 Rupees have been deposited to your GeForce Experience account!

Just to add to this, powercolor make some excellent cards (like the PCS+) but their quality control and support is fucking atrocious

My powercolor PCS+ R9 290 caused regular crashes upon playing any demanding game, the only way to sort it was from finding an email address of one of the staff on an obscure tech forum and providing my serial number for the card to get an updated BIOS

The whole process took about 2 weeks for the support staff member to actually reply to my email and give me the fixed card bios. Wasn't the only person with this issue either, many other people faced the same problem. They were still shipping cards with these borked bios even after they were made aware of the problem. Dreadful company

Is that for the entirety of the card's lifespan?

Sapphire have a better reputation that Powercolor and unfortunately RMA cannot be handled through any retailer I know that's selling them in the UK.

What kind of pleb doesn't live in the US?

Not a very good card overall at it's retail price unless most can hit 1400mhz and it has custom bios

AMD cards age like wine

7850 starts off 30% slower than the 660ti
youtube.com/watch?v=6SYNayNQi6s

Ends up within 10% on average

It's price is £260 in the UK with no close returns centre either.

guru3d.com/articles-pages/powercolor-radeon-rx-480-red-devil-review,1.html

Gets to 1333

Seems kind of alright ish at 76c load while being quiet but not brilliant for a 3 fan card.

You mean they are not optimized at launch and take 2 years to get to how they should perform on launch day.

More like they give you a solid gaming experience at launch and in addition you get more performance over time.

Mostly just trickle down from the 270/X though

>powercolor are great
>proceed to list how shit they are
literally just buy sapphire and enjoy a binned chip with a good cooler and great RMA policy.

If only Graphics cards didn't literally cost half as much in the US

Do you see what's going on in your capital right now

i was gonna get the red devil but the RED DEVIL LOGO IS UPSIDE DOWN WTF

im gonna buy the sapphire card because it's so sexy (even if it's loud, don't care)

Never buy Sapphire

2 Year warranty and it's voided if you replace TIM.

The 'quick connect' fan replacement is a sham and you still need to send in your card.

keep telling yourself that

Look at something like the 380 then, faster than the 960 even in DX11, and it'll only get faster over time

I have cancelled my pre order for the Nitro+ OC for the second time. It's just not worth it. I am going to see what Gigabyte and MSI offer. I am in no rush. I may get a Nvidia + G-Sync monitor combo yet. Freesync panels are a lottery compared to G-Sync quality (especially 1440 IPS).

This really is a shit time to upgrade your GPU+monitor.

>built for roaring gamers
>one more thing........something
>that 90ies packaging

lmao

yep, 2 year warranty by law on everything.

Never had any trouble getting replacement or repairs here, Mohammed

Which is gonna be the cheapest one? I don't care about gaming autism, I just want loadse RAM on my card

that packaging can't be real...

This gen is shit anyway. We have the NEO and Scorpio coming late 2017 with almost RX480 power GPUs. Then there's the whole Nvidia async compute fiasco. Better wait till RX 5xx and GTX 11xx.

I honestly wouldn't care. I don't even have a windowed case.

It's certainly overpriced regardless of the performance increases. Every tier has jumped pricing categories, looking at £150+ 1050's in future.

As for AMD why pay £260 for a card that has adequate cooling from 3rd parties known for shit service?

It's hopeless to get a top end Nvidia card now with those Ti's and Titans coming out. Just too expensive.

If the RX 480's came out after the 1060 maybe they'd know to price them more competitively.

I'm kind of bored of just waiting though, I only bought a 750ti to tide myself over.

If there was a rx 480 8gb AIB from someone more reputable and sub £260 I would get that, but, well, there isn't.

Even sodding Zotac has a UK RMA, I may go with that as a 1060 and test it out, if the temps are 78c at load I'll send it back.

>8gb
Why?

because its 2016 and 8gb is for midrange cards while 12-16 gbs is for high end cards

I'm skipping this gen for two reasons.

Firstly because AMD cards are not fast enough to decisively humiliate the NEO and Scorpio.

Second because I don't want less than perfect DX12 performance from the Nvidia side.

Both of these issues will be resolved with the 5xx and 11xx, plus there's the added benefit of HBM2.

vega will fit that description before any of the 1100 or 500 series come out

Because 4gb is a little anemic for my usage.

GTX 1060 would suit but I do like the DX 12 improvements.

Good point on the DX 12 and power of the 4xx series, problem is Vega will more than likely cost more that the 4xx in the UK.

My vain hope is to get a Zotac or EVGA 1060 then step it up through warranty.

Ok so how do I bin my card when I get it?
I want it to go super fast.

When is the 1080Ti coming out?

The "quick connect" thing is to clean the dust, not to RMA the fans, idiot.

AMD cards age like milk

Pic related.

Source, please. I wonder what testing they are doing.

Is there some meme the manufacturers are all doing with their packaging?

Well I actually want to be able to play games so consoles are a no go.

his ass

Actually, he means that at launch he is running a processor that is not as powerful in single threaded performance as the processor he has 5 years later.

AMD requires a good processor or the performance is shit.

Miners.

Only one reviewer I've seen deliberately focused on the i5 in his review regarding DX 12.

forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2016/07/19/crunching-the-numbers-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-versus-amd-radeon-rx-480/#55f430c4166f

with a hammer

>forbes
pastebin it dummy

wew

>powercolor

idiot

I know i'm probably being baited but fuck shit im tired of hearing that crap "amd age better", the only reason NOW the old radeons like HD 7xxx or Rx 2xx get performance gains is because AMD still use the GCN architecture and getting optimization after all this time is just some side effect, otherwise what happened to terascale arch from HD 4xxx/5xxx? they don't even bother giving you a fucking driver installer for a new OS like windows 10 (regardless if it's shit) that's not thru windows update.
Jewvidia is also shit because they change architectures faster than intel change sockets, so basically everything they launch is legacy in 2 years.

But now, if after Vega AMD abandon GCN architecture for a new one, then the massive assrape of those "futureproof" and "age like wine" would be of biblical proportions as their Rx 4xx will get the same dickslap that the HD 5xxx and basically every nvidia buyer got

I immediately replace the thermal paste on every GPU I buy anyways (once it is confirmed not DOA) so that's goodbye warranty for like 80% of manufacturers.

Vega will still be GCN most likely

I have seen my GPU a half dozen times in three years. I dont give a fuck how it looks. This isnt a car that other people are going to see every day, or my clothes, or my couch.

You dont know shit about what youre saying. Each GCN revision has had some major changes to the actual instruction set, which as you can('t) imagine means optimizing every version takes its own amount of time.

Read the AMD programmers guides before you get in your head that you understand anything about GPUs.

I rma in the US and it took like a month to get a card back.

Australia, and most other first world countries.

Americucks were ruined by their shitty political system and easy senate corruption. They'll never fix their consumer product warranty system.

>bob
nice fake screenshot pajeet

>waiting 2 years to finally surpass its rival when everyone has already moved on

The AMD cards fail in testing before they're even used by the customer. Not mining, just cheap ass shit, like all AMD parts.

pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Video-Card-Failure-Rates-by-Generation-563/

Also:

" in 2015 NVIDIA GeForce cards only had an overall failure rate of 1.64% (down from 2.34% last year) versus AMD Radeon cards which had an overall failure rate of 10.2% (which is actually much better than the 17.9% we saw last year)."

pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Most-Reliable-PC-Hardware-of-2015-749/

AMD shit fails so fucking often you'd have to be a moron to buy that crap.

That's only if AMD/RTG decides to build a new arch from scratch like the VLIW -> GCN transition.

You just stick with nVidia and their tech, which is still based on the Tesla which first debuted as the 8800 GTX

Sop what you're saying is that the card tho 80% of miners use at 100% 24hrs a day is going to fail more often then the cards used for 6 hours a day at 60-80% useage?
Who would have thought.

nVidia revamped their tech from Fermi to Kepler yes?

Try returning an RMA to MSY and they will tell you to go to the manufacturer, at which point you go to fair trading and shove that shit back in MSY's face for a full cash refund

>revamp
>still CUDA

>he doesn't have a 5 year warranty on his components

Get cucked. Norwegian consumer laws be taking your women.

Fake.

Today I learned american stores don't handle customer's warranties with the oem.
What the fuck america? At least tell me they have a set time to fix it, and not take as long as they please

To be honest I wouldn't be susprised if miners bought/buy more cards than gamers themselves. I was reading an article yesterday about xfx, speaking about them changing warranty conditions when they started getting 20+ broken amd cards from the same person