You're given unlimited funding and staff to create a linux distribution

You're given unlimited funding and staff to create a linux distribution.
What's it like and what's it made of?
>Bonus for pics/illustrations

Other urls found in this thread:

w0bm.com/b/1458608025.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

get them to finish GNU/Hurd

It would have to be gentoo-based, FSF approved, and like said Hurd would be the default kernel.

>Somthing based off Ubuntu or Fedora
>Doesbt really matter what it's based off I just want it super stable
>Pay wine devs to make ALL windows applications run like butter on wine
>Get with game devs and get them to push Vulcan hard as fuck
>Shill the fuck out of it on Sup Forums and Sup Forums
I just want a real stable Distro that was/is known for pushing wine compatibility and gaymen on ganoo+linocks
Please tell me what more I could do to make linux more normie

I'd have them make the best distro ever obviously with a Windows partition accessible through Linux. It'd be secure as fuck and totally hack proof.

What a dumb question.
"You're given infinite dollars what do you buy?"
Fuckin everything

I buy Apple and make OSX available on all platforms for free

I would just hire a shitton of people to maintain Gentoo packages.

I demand an updated and mantained ebuild for every piece of software in existence.

Debian based
Compatibility with 100% of available hardware using completely Libre drivers
Wine reliably runs 100% of Windows software

My nigga

>base it off LFS (only because OP specifically said Linux distro)
>focus on privacy, security and stability
>create a web browser that just werks without leaking tons of info that can be used for fingerprinting
>replace whatever data actually needs to be sent with random valid data when possible
>set up divisions to create hardware that runs libre firmware
>create a VPN provider that works similar to Tor (i.e. tunneling traffic through multiple servers and using layered encryption), offer it gratis for everyone

Focus entirely on compatibility with DX10/11 titles
Push for better AMD and Nvidia drivers

Basically spend all the fucking money on figuring out a way to pretty much bring -all- gaymers to the platform so there is not one single title they can't play on a linux distro

Also make it so every linux distro can benefit from it

>Fork FreeBSD
>create macOS
oh wait, apple is already doing it. Apple, OP, you're telling us to be Apple.

I'd update Plan 9 to make it usable today

I'd pass the fund to the KDE Neon people

Just throw money at react OS until it can natively emulate Windows 10.

Hire me
I'll make the logo

Already done

>unlimited funding

buy windows 7, make few modifications, remove bloatware and done, prefect OS

And open source. Perfect OS right there.

/thread

first post best post

>hire Lennart to do more systemd-like stuff
>enjoy the nerd rage after it pollutes rest of the linux world

It actually works flawlessly in terms of proper desktop support and polish. High-quality GUI elements that allow for OS configuration, it's very stable, has high-DPI support and most importantly of all it has support that's at least on par with Windows when it comes to drivers of any kind, but especially on the graphics side. This means near-flawless multimonitor support, proper "out of the box" support for different GPUs in the same system, such as using an integrated GPU along with dedicated cards and for fuck's sake, no more fucking tearing in the default configuration.

It's not going to exist in the near future.

I think a lot of gnu/linux software is pretty good, feature rich and stable
what is missing is good design and well engineered UX as a lot of free software is hideous and normies are obviously not impressed and go back to their proprietary cuckware
exactly what canonical is doing but aspies and microshills keep making FUD about them when they are really the only ones doing something to bring gnu/linux to the uneducated masses and should be respected for this

ratards in the house still dream
cant accept that linux > gnu

>gnu/linux
>aspies, normies, cuckware, microshills,
jesus fuck, you should just kill yourself

w0bm.com/b/1458608025.webm

This. Why is every attempt at this so half assed?

os x isn't a freebase fork

Gentoo with a built-in system for centrally hosting and installing binaries compiled by other users.

None of the people hating on systemd hate on it because of something that systemd *is*, they hate on it because they had no choice in the matter.

Personally, I found systemd to be very great, but the difference is that I personally chose to use it (after getting frustrated by the alternatives)

1. That would be insecure as FUCK -> inject backdoor into the binary, call it a stock build of firefox

2. I don't think the hit rate would be high enough to even justify bothering with a build cache. I doubt that somebody else is using my exact same USE flags and compiler flags for even a relevant portion of my installed packages.

an riced OOTB distro with stable repos and many preset aesthetiks

We fork Ubuntu, but we work very closely with Canonical and only move away from their infrastructure and processes as deemed necessary.

As our first programming project, we create an advanced and intuitive interface for community volunteers to triage bug reports. We experiment with micropayments and mechanical turk if there's not enough interest in using this system. Once we have a software-industry-leading triage process in place, we start tracking the progress of fixing those solidly-defined bugs and offering paper award certificates and public commendations to the best volunteer coders.

Second, we work with proponents both in government and in existing Linux-based companies such as Red Hat to create a convincing presentation about the feasibility of FOSS software on the desktop in government agencies. If the marketing isn't enough, we then sign a contract to provide unlimited support to a few government organizations who will provide case studies on TCO and ROI and get the word out.

>I have 0 arguments but yours is invalid because you're using words I don't like
you don't have the right to use linus image

>You're given unlimited funding and staff to create a linux distribution.

>Implying I wouldn't just make my own superior OS that's not based off Linux or Windows and then use that unlimited funding to bribe all software developers to make software to support my new OS.

i will buy apple and adopt aqua and other technologies onto linux

Easy, we're going to have the coolest logo around.

I would use the money to create a line of high quality computers that would be KDE Neon based, and give some of the money to KDE to polish it up so that everything works 100% out of the box and the need to use the terminal is minimized or eliminated. The main draw of Macs and Chromebooks are not the OS it runs, but the hardware. KDE is sufficiently "Windows-like" to attract refugees, and it looks good.

Rebrand the simplest preexisting Linux distro and embezzle the rest of the money.