Waiting thread

Waiting thread.

What are you waiting for? Is it worth waiting for?

I'm waiting for rx490. Does anyone have any info on the release dates?
Also Zen if it comes before Christmas.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20130719043005/http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113347
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Zen is delayed. Kabylake is literally shipped to partners right now.
>tfw Intel releases a 6790k
rip amd.
If only they made a half decent server grade apu with hbm I would cream so hard.

I'm afraid to blow $400 on a kaby lake and be obliterated by Zen a month later.

On the other hand AMD has a solid chance of shitting itself.

I'm a amd fanboy but even I'm highly doubtful it will supersede the ipc of a 4790k yet alone new ipc gains by intel.
Amd's only hope is the apou/console market. That is the only place they hold high net gains.

If amd were smart the would invest with IBM into quantum processing and optical computation. Wish graphene weren't just a 20 year off pipe dream .

All the rumors say Zen will be Haswell-level.
If that's true the LGA 1551 intels are dead on arrival.

My question is why? Kabylake 4-9% ipc gains over skylake is outpacing haswell by a decent margin. Next year Intel will do a die shrink to 10nm and then 7nm in 2020.

Amd (specifically Global Foundries) needed help from Samsung for 14nm. Die size and price are also closely interlocked. The summit ridge 8 core might be cheaper then a 5960x but will still lack the ipc to touch Intel 2016 and greater.

It will be a great rendering card for the money but currently 8 core Xeon's with haswell ipc can be bought on the cheap used since server farms are in the process of upgrading soon to 14nm.

All I'm saying is don't get hopes up to high for summit ridge. I'm more interest in the Zeppelin chip ie. server Apu with hbm socketed.

bump

Rip a good thread on Sup Forums. No cancerous repetitive memes.

Coffee Lake or Zen
i have been tired of the 4-core mainstream meme since ivy bridge

I'm hoping to get a Zen based build next year. I just need that sweet IPC increase over bulldozer.

Zen/Vega because I'm tired of getting price gouged by Intel/Nvidia

That being said, AMD could rightfully fuck up and we'll be nowhere.

Waiting for 1080 Ti details before deciding if an upgrade is worth it. Also waiting for Google's VR headset, I don't want one owned by Facebook or HTC.

Does AMD profit much on consoles? I always hear those margins are razor thin

I'm waiting for navi gpu

>implying amd doesnt do the same shit when they think they can get away with it

web.archive.org/web/20130719043005/http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113347

they've been waiting for the chance.

Hell no. Every single xbox and psfour has a amd chip. They lost the server and most of the desktop market.

This is a processor thread. You can literally get 2 Fury in crossfire for $700 right now.

>What are you waiting for?
Affordable 4K screen.

>Is it worth waiting for?
Awww yissssssss!

Too bad Intel doesn't start releasing 6-core chips. They will probably cost ≈$500.

The biggest problem is cache on x86 and pulling data off the heat as fast as possible. Just imagine 16gb of level 2 cache. No ram required. SSD's will pour data straight to the cache.

Is this a pipe dream guys with the AMD Zeppelin chip?

>Too bad Intel doesn't start releasing 6-core chips. They will probably cost ≈$500.
coffee lake. 6 cores on the mainstream platform also i7-6800k's are under $500 but the platform is overpriced cancer.

A MSI gtx 750ti is coming to me next weekend, it should be a Worthwhile upgrade coming from Intel hd4000.

Mate I'm waiting for a cellphone I purchased 3 weeks ago. It will arrive this Friday. So excited

How much is zen delayed for? Until 2017? 2018?

Will the rx490 be out by November? I'm hoping its release combined with Cyber Monday will net some good deals on 480s or 1070s.

it's a good card, if you aren't a settings whore and just want games to be playable.

>if you aren't a settings whore and just want games to be playable.
Yeah, exactly that. Still need to save money so I can buy a drawing tablet next.

It's not horrible, but some of the newest games don't even yield 60 FPS on lowest settings. I wish I had more cash for a better GPU.

What am I waiting for? It's 11:00am, I'm waiting for my (doctor prescribed) adhd medication to kick in so I can have the energy and motivation to give two shits about finishing a uni project that's already 3 days over due. That's what I'm waiting on.

Late 2016 - early 2017.
Kabylake is launching VERY SOON. Chips and chipsets are already being shipped out to board partners.

Waiting for good browser. Good one

Do the happy pills really work? Just like in Mr. Robot?

Waiting for new Macbook Air/Pro. it's time to retire my 5 years old MBA but the current models are old as fuck

I'm wait for my crippling depression to take me away far from this place.

I've been taking them for 8 years or so, and my grades have gotten much better. I take the more expensive ones that have fewer side effects. Worst thing these do is upset my stomach. Only thing is, in the 8 years, I have seemingly become more emotionally detatched, but that may be just me. I never really had much concern for other people even before the meds.

What are you taking for adhd ? I've been on Concerta for 4 years and stopped taking them few months ago as i graduated. I'm about to apply for a job and considering taking them again

Waiting for my life to get better

Affordable 1TB SSDs. Dont think i can wait much longer though :/

Even if you could go faster than light, just bear with me, wouldn't the light hit your eyes in reverse order? Like you'd see everything happening in reverse order of when it happened, since you'd be running into the light rather than it running into you.

why didnt you just wait for the new 470 or 1050?

Vyvanse. Doc tried me on a few others, but some made me feel awful, and the others raised my blood pressure somewhat significantly. The acute side effects are minimal, but I'm just worried about what unknown chronic effects longterm use may be having.

Samsung just released 4tb ssd's. Prices will drop once the next series of drives are released.

The sweet release of death.

Waiting for a Xiaomi Band 2.

SOON

Is there any info about 1080 Ti yet?

waiting for Linux on the desktop to be a productive environment for real work.

waiting for my HP ZBook Studio G3, got a good price on it.

> real work.
Masturbating to anime doesn't count as work, m8.