I'm QA. How do I become a front end web dev?

I'm QA. How do I become a front end web dev?

lose some weight, put on a dress and walk into the interview with a rainbow bracelet

you're pretty much guaranteed a job

1/2 of the devs at my company already are girls, and 5/6 of us testers are girls. I don't think this trick would work.

so you're a girl too?

Just pretend to be a lesbian, you'll still fill their homosexual diversity quota.

sent ;)

No, but me and my bearded colleague often get called girls when the HR/secretary with some guests passes by our desks, because virtually everyone else in the department are girls.
>diversity quota
It's too early for memes

> go to your least-hated developer
> buy him beers
> ask for help
That's it

Dr. Pavel, I'm QA.

Web devs are a dime a dozen. I don't see how anyone makes money doing that shit.

>front end web """""dev"""""

Triggered

Won't compile. Should be public int Product(int a, int b) throws IllegalArgumentException

Uhh... You don't get to bring bugs.

t. Python/Ruby autists

Isn't that a RuntimeError? My Java is pretty rusty (GET IT?????) but I seem to recall you don't have to declare those.

Just ask for some probationary time as a dev, you'll learn to kode in no time!

>your least-hated developer
What if I hate them equally?
>submit a bug report
>screenshots, links, steps to reproduce, platforms, everything
>done, please test
>not fixed
>sorry wrong link :^) please test
>not fixed
>please test again

Do companies still even hire testers?
Most software I've seen recently is sub-pajeet tier shit.

It's not just big firms like Microsoft or Apple that let shit slip through.

Like the train timetable displays that are used in my state had a problem where if the service number ended in a nine, the timetable times would all be offset by one stop.
It wasn't even outsourced overseas. It was a local dev that didn't test properly.

Sheeeit

You're right

How the fuck could that ever happen?

I don't know why devs don't test the things they do themselves. They know how things really work better than managers, designers and testers, why don't take a look at their product at least a couple times before assigning the tasks to QA?

You're right user, webdev is never done with Python or Ruby, they could only be hating on the badass rockstar tech that is Node or PHP

Join a smaller company or a startup where you'll likely have more responsibilities.

>lose some weight, put on a dress and walk into the interview with a rainbow bracelet

Fedora glasses, neon hair, faux-nerd tattoos and a constellation of piercings also help.

you are obviously not a dev if you cannot figure out why this slips through. If you work long enough on a project you become blind for its problems. You know how to use your software and that's why you do not encounter most bugs. You know what to klick, what to enter etc. A separate person needs to look at it because they do NOT know how it works