Welp, I think that I may have found my phone

Welp, I think that I may have found my phone.

>1080p
>5.2-inch screen
>decent battery capacity
>Android with monthly security updates
>doesn't look like it is targeted towards teenage grills and homosexuals
>Canadian company - not NSA's bitch
>comes with a battery pack for fedora wearers
>$299

I'm sold.

Other urls found in this thread:

schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/04/blackberrys_glo.html
news.vice.com/article/exclusive-canada-police-obtained-blackberrys-global-decryption-key-how
informationweek.com/strategic-cio/security-and-risk-strategy/iphone-encryption-battle-what-apple-can-learn-from-blackberry/a/d-id/1324689
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What does this mean?

do you think your phone's manufacturer matters when it comes to using your phone networks?

No, but working directly with NSA, like some tech manufacturers do (Apple), means backdoors at the hardware level. Do not want.

Isn't that just an Alcatel with BB logo added on the back?

Alcatel makes really shitty phones. Bottom of the barrel. Don't expect much.

>trusting blackberry

schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/04/blackberrys_glo.html

news.vice.com/article/exclusive-canada-police-obtained-blackberrys-global-decryption-key-how

informationweek.com/strategic-cio/security-and-risk-strategy/iphone-encryption-battle-what-apple-can-learn-from-blackberry/a/d-id/1324689

RIM folds like a cheap suit.

>doesn't look like it is targeted towards teenage grills and homosexuals
>Being this insecure

>no superior BB keyboard
I hope they have something more to announce.

all phone companies follow what blackberry does in that realm, working with authorities isn't anything new friend
apple included has been doing so, don't know why people got themselves confused with the whole encryption debacle.

>confused

Oh I know bud. Trusting any company because of marketing is really stupid though. If you want security, don't use a phone at all.

Nobody should ever trust any manufacturer/company.

However, if you had to choose between Company A, who allows isolated and targeted investigations, which result in an arrest of an actual criminal, or Company B, who allows mass surveillance, no matter if the crime of any sort was even committed, then the choice is pretty damn simple.

Generic Android phone: Blackberry edition

Who cares?

Yeah, at least the Priv was something different. This is just a rebranded Alcatel Idol 4.

>Alcatel

>named Industry Group Leader for Technology Hardware & Equipment sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review

>listed in the 2014 Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators for the 4th consecutive year

>owns Bell Laboratories, one of the largest research and development facilities in the communications industry, whose employees have been awarded eight Nobel Prizes and the company holds in excess of 29,000 patents

>on April 15, 2015, Finnish telecommunications firm Nokia announced its intent to purchase Alcatel-Lucent for €15.6 billion in an all-stock deal

I had no idea Alcatel was actually decent. I have always thought of it as garbage tech.

but that's not true.

>no usb 3 type-c
dropped

Priv was a long-phone with a cramped keyboard. It should have been just an all-touch flagship instead. Pair that with a beefed-up Classic V2, and let the people decide what they want.

Ok, I might have half a chubby

I think I have found my new phone after 4 years

Every keyboard is cramped on phones, the Priv's actually isn't that bad. The real bad thing is the shift/alt placement

They completely fucked up the numpad placement too, why is it on the same side of the keyboard as the only alt key?

And they have a bump on the 5, instead of on f and j

>working directly with NSA, like some tech manufacturers do (Apple),

lol

Since 2012, friendo.
Semi-voluntary, I am sure, and perhaps under some duress, but they did bend over for uncle NSA.

WHERE'S THE 3.5MM JACK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

On the top.

didn't know youtube was a provider

nice shitty homemade graphic, that proves everything

Canada's privacy and freedom of speech laws and non-existtant.

Trusting a Canadian company - FUKCING LOL.

>nice shitty homemade graphic

:^)

I've actually owned an Alcatel phone. It's the reason I have a Samsung s7 now. Shit died.

Buy one. They're shit tier phones.

Fuck, I get the same thing

Creepy

>Hmm why does google find NSA in the post
NEVER POST.

for me it's the huawei p9. this phone is absolutely flawless

I have the P8, and I would not recommend.

what would you not recommend?

The Huawei P8. It's possible that it's just because I was with Optus in Australia, but the last OTA update for me was Android 5.0.1. I updated manually to 6.0, and it's honestly a bit better, but I still prefer my Oneplus One.

Maybe the P9 is a big step up though, I'm not sure.

oneplus one to p8?

sounds like a sidegrade for me.

i used the oneplus one, 2 and huawei mate s in the past and can tell that the p9 is a level above all those phones

>Alcatel

>A company where the majority of employees are soulless, angry, or depressed

>A company with 0 leadership

>A company jewing you out of an actually good chinkshit phone with their cheap shit.

>iPhone Homersexual detected

>$299
>for an Xperia M4 Aqua with a screen resolution and clock speed bump

I'll take "Overpriced Garbage" for 500, Alex.

Actually I should be more price. It is literally just a rebrand of the same Chink reference design the Alcatel Onetouch Idol 4 is based on.

But I'm sure you'll gladly pay for that logo while arguing on internet forums about how much more secure your data supposedly is as if this doesn't still include Google services.

faggot detected

Blackberry logo is worth exactly $0 to the average Amerifat.

Except the ones deluded enough to think it means they're safe from the big scary gubmint.

>tfw bought bb classic to ditch google and have a good physical keyboard
>tfw ditched google OS but keyboard starting to double-press keys

fuuuukkkk

>back when RIM was booming the CEO was a fucking irresonsible wacko
>brought Van Halen to the little town with nothing but a tech University
>wanted to buy a fucking NHL hockey team

RIM was propped up on the transition from PC based messengers(MSN, AIM, etc) to phones with BBM.

Once iPhones started coming to Canada everyone dropped their Blackberries.

>nice shitty homemade graphic, that proves everything

No wireless charging? meh...

Oh look, another tard who fell for the "BlackBerry security enhancements" marketing. It's utter bullshit, have fun with your overpriced Alcatel Idol 4 rebrand. Search for "CopperheadOS" if you want a more secure Android experience OP, their code actually lands in AOSP regularly.

Rest assured that hardware level backdoor is at the level of the Qualcomm chips practically every phone uses.

>microusb
>2016

Blackberry is a veiled CNSA

alcatel is a company that even my fellow pajeets don't want to join

Apple doesn't use Qualcomm chips, you retard.
This board has been discussing their Apple Ax series vs. Qualcomm and Samsung processors for years. How much of a newfag are you?

Google is reading the text from the whole app.

>not NSA's bitch

Well... en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

>thinking that normies would even know where and what to look for

Berry is trying to deliver security to the masses. Basement dwellers can take care of themselves.

Then buy it fag.

How is this company still alive?

They make a lot of moola in software. Handsets aren't their primary business anymore, although they are trying to move their handset devision towards profitability again. Blackberry, as a company, will not die any time soon.

IoT is what they are banking on in the near future. Security software is what they are riding on currently.