-- PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE --

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>FAQ and headphone buying guides
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

chiru.no:8081/stream.flac
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-M2IEi-Momentum-Headphones-iPhone/dp/B00MYYFSBQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1469942383&sr=8-13&keywords=sennheiser
ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-HD-205-II-Professional-Studio-Grade-On-Ear-DJ-Headphones-/301919462107
m.aliexpress.com/item/32651068595.html?productId=32651068595&productSubject=Wireless-Bluetooth-Stereo-Gaming-Headphone-Headset-Support-NFC-with-Mic-for-iPhone6-iPhone6-Plus-Samsung&spm=2114.010208.3.230.sxdjdh&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_10,searchweb201602_3_10057_10056_10055_10037_10049_301_10059_10058_10032_10017_405_404_10060_10061_10062_412,searchweb201603_1&btsid=19e9dbfd-79fd-4ef3-896d-06eb1cdbc1c2&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail
amazon.com/RHA-MA750-Isolating-Headphone-Warranty/dp/B00ELAM8LE
amazon.ca/Logitech-980-000402-Speaker-System-Z623/dp/B003VAHYTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469988470&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech 2.1
amazon.ca/Edifier-Powered-Bookshelf-Speakers-Monitors/dp/B016P9HJIA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469988483&sr=8-2&keywords=bookshelf speakers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sennheiser = masterrace
Audio technica=allowed to live
AKG = cuck brand
Beyer = gas chamber my boii
Chink shit = same shit,gassit

FLAC Internet radio: mpv chiru.no:8081/stream.flac

Currently playing eurobeat

Whats this?

WMA sounds just as good

As long as it's WMA Lossless

I'm new to this. What's wrong with Beyerdynamic?

Nothing. It's German, therefore gas chamber

ABX WMA ~190 kbps and FLAC now pls pl1xie pl0x

Just ordered a pair of Klipsch R6i's, opinions?

>Klipsch anything

AIDS

What connector is this?

normal bias stax

autism connector

Placebo transfer cable, does absolutely nothing.

Thanks

GUYS GUYS

I know this is going to sound crazy but I own more headphones than probably all of you including the hd600/hd580 and k702/Q701.

Spoiler alert: neither is better than the other. They're both very good, effectively end-game for people not wanting to spend much more. Each has strengths and problems. They're side-grades to each other, neither is perfect and which you will like will entirely be up to your preferences.

I don't own the dt880 but have heard it and the treble was just too much. if you want something that isn't as soft and polite as the sennheiser just get an AKG. Don't own them though so I don't claim to have enough experience on dt880 to say for sure.

tl;dr - shills for both sides are retarded and 100% fueled by post-purchase (or even pre-purchase) rationalization and memes.

stop posting idiot

Audio-Technica ATH-AD500x
Thoughts?

all the open ATH with the exception of the r70x have pretty severe bass rolloff, it's not unfair to call them nobass. if you're ok with that they're good buy you could just buy a 558/598.

On this note id be interested if anyone had a idea if the difference in sound between the 500x/700x/900x. Not the guy who asked but looking now there is a 10$ difference between the 500x and 700x is there really any difference?

I honestly think they are better than the AKG k240s but you should really just get the ATH-AD900x instead. Buy it nice or buy it twice.

I need to get the most comfortable and quiet headphones.

You guys had recommended the Bose QC series a while back.

Should I get the QC25 or 35?

if money isn't an issue the QC35 are a bit better but if it's a close call, you wouldn't be missing out on much with the QC25

Proceed to end your life please.

I hope that the DT 1990 will be good and it will push the T 90s price a bit lower

why do you love treble spikes?

aiaiai.dk

Modular headphones, are they a meme?

I've had parts break on several headphones (most recently the right driver stopped working in my Sennheiser 518), and I'm liking the idea of being able to replace one specific part when it goes out instead of having to decide between sending it in for repair, replacing it, or risk fixing it myself.

Dumb JoJo poster, simply avoid Sennheiser if you don't want to have build quality issues in the future.

does anyone have suggestions for a bluetooth speaker? I want something that gets loud for parties and such but has good quality so i can listen to it at reasonable volumes for a desktop speaker
my budget is $300

I have been considering getting either the audio technica M50x or beyerdynamic DT770 80 ohm. After using the M50x though I don't like how lacking the bass is, would there be much of a difference in bass and mid range between the two, or which amp would really bring out the potential in either headset

Lots of treble, not much bass, excellent soundstage but not very good for music.

>Budget
$50
>Location
USA
>Source
Phone
>Preferred type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
Fairly comfy, it shouldn't hurt to wear them for hours at a time
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Past headphones
Apple earpods

Guys what is the best thin headphones for use with mobile devices?
amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-M2IEi-Momentum-Headphones-iPhone/dp/B00MYYFSBQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1469942383&sr=8-13&keywords=sennheiser
I just looked at these and the case looks a little to big for my needs I just want to be able to stuff then in a tight space and not worry about them breaking are those decent?

ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-HD-205-II-Professional-Studio-Grade-On-Ear-DJ-Headphones-/301919462107

There senheiser hd 205 II for $39.95 free shipping, probably shit idk.

Don't chink headphones pretty much make everything in this thread invalid and useless?

i dont really understand the term 'dynamic punch'
can anyone explain to me?

from the headfi glossary:
Punchy - Good reproduction of dynamics. Good transient response, with strong impact

Stuck in backorder hell
Hopefully it's a good set of cans, not many reviews

which one of these should I get?evo681,661 and 330hd?

no. there aren't that many good chink headphones, more IEMs.

the evo is very bass heavy, if you're ok with that it's good. 661 is something like a v6 ripoff, and sound somewhat similar but not as good. dunno about the 330.

where are they that cheap? apparently with a mod they're great. I will probably get one some day to try.

>if you're ok with that it's good
i had them before already and they are nice but wanted to make sure that i might not miss something better
>661 is something like a v6 ripoff
ive read that too

My 17 year old HD600's have developed a 'buzzing' noise in the left speaker when there is a lot of bass.

Should I try and repair/replace the component or just get some new headphones?

WHAT THE FUCK

damn...really made me thonk

Fucking retarded OP I nearly had a seizure. Go to hell you immense faggot.

Almost makes you wish it was an anime OP.

Looks like it's time to move on and buy a new pair.

Can anyone recommend something clear and open like the HD600's but with better bass?

Depends on what you think better bass is.
Just get another HD600 or some planar like 400i.

Can an O2 be used as a preamp for a speaker power amplifier? Is the volume knob variable for the rca out? How much power does the rca output(in volts)? Please respond

HD650

I believe the JDS Labs O2 ODAC has a fixed line output. Magni 2U has a preamp output.

I really do not want to know what your head looks like, I can tell you that much right there.

So I just sold my Fidelio X2 for being a bit too colored and impractical/fragile. I have a HD25 that I love, but I would like something slightly more sophisticated for listening to music with my eyes closed. Any suggestions?

AKG K702

Guys my kid wanted some edgy gamelord steelseries wireless headphones for $200, so I ordered him this for $20 on aliexpress

m.aliexpress.com/item/32651068595.html?productId=32651068595&productSubject=Wireless-Bluetooth-Stereo-Gaming-Headphone-Headset-Support-NFC-with-Mic-for-iPhone6-iPhone6-Plus-Samsung&spm=2114.010208.3.230.sxdjdh&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_10,searchweb201602_3_10057_10056_10055_10037_10049_301_10059_10058_10032_10017_405_404_10060_10061_10062_412,searchweb201603_1&btsid=19e9dbfd-79fd-4ef3-896d-06eb1cdbc1c2&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

I really dont know why the link has to be that big, anyway how did I do? Will he hate me for the rest of his life? Since the steelseries v2 he had sucked ballsack im sure some $20 headset cant be much worse

Im sure your wife's son will like it

Better sleep with one eye open meit

I agree SS produce awful shallow sounded gayming headsets.. but this one you bought, if it survives longer than a month consider yourself a lucky man

Thanks bro! I'm trying to prevent him from ending up dadless and bitter like u.

c-can i ask for wireless recommendations in this thread

just like sennheiser kek

Rekt :^o

>Budget
$100~150 (CLP$50,000~$100,000)
>Location
Chile
>Source
PC + Sound card with internal amp (Xonar DG)
Full-size
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Fairly, my head is kind of sensitive to pressure
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral or V-shape

I was looking into the ATH-M40X ($110), HM5 ($149) and MDR-7506 ($146), any better option?

nobody knows the quality of 330hd compared to the other headphones?

one of the earpieces of my GR07s stopped working, I was pretty happy with them so should I just buy another pair or is there something with better quality for a similar price I should get as a replacement?

those are nice crisps, i don't get it

should've gotten a hyperx cloud or whatever the kingston takstar rip off is called

Let the testing commence. One of you cunts is being returned or sold tomorrow.

People here don't know very much about wireless. You can ask.

If you liked the GR07, get the GR07. Why the hell are you looking for something else?

Dt770 might be more bassy, but closed headphones are more difficult to fit in general for a proper bass level.
The amp won't help. An EQ will. Read the wiki for a few hints on how to use EQ.

What is the most commonly recommended headphones in these threads?

I'll buy that one.

>Budget
40-100€
>Location
Germany
>Source
Laptop (Linux)
idc
>Comfort level
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Past headphones
Apple earpods, cheap in ear buds.

First time attempting at getting good audio setup here,

is Philips Fidelio X2 a meme? I hear it's V shaped sound which is great for bass type music because I listen to a lot of EDM and good for gayming.

Do I need a DAC/AMP for this headphones though? Some people say you don't.

Thanks

The most talked about thing on /hpg/ are Belgians, so get yourself a Belgian chick I guess.

I THINK Sennheiser might be the most recommended brand in these threads.

well, it's true now until someone claims otherwise. :)

Depends on the season, if there are any sales, or a new product, or a review. Also if there are any dedicated unpaid shills in the thread.
M50, V6, DT880, HD650, K702, K7XX, Fidelio X2, ER-4S, Stax Lambdas, TH-X00, HD600, HE-400S, HD800, these have all been the focus at some point or another.

Hi /hpg/,

I have a pair of Etymotic MK-5 earphones that I'm very happy with in terms of sound quality and, with the foam tips (pictured in plastic bag), the level of passive noise reduction. The problem is that the foam tips tend to last 6-8 weeks max before needing to be replaced. I don't mind buying the replacement tips, but shipping costs to continental Europe are just retarded.

What would you recommend as an alternative earphone? I use these exclusively while motorcycling, so they need to be in-ear, with good passive reduction of wind noise, and obviously sound quality should be decent.

Well that didn't take long. The 650's are going back to amazon. I'm not going to get technical but the bass increase difference is tiny and the vocals sound much better on the 600. The 600's don't need to be any darker, they're already slightly warm as it is.

600's are king.

Sorry,

>Budget
€150
>Location
Belgium
>Source
Phone
IEM
>Comfort level
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral

Buy different tips?
Westone Star (silicone) and True-Fit (foam), Shure black foam (also called Shure olives), or Comply T-100 and P-series. These all fit.

There isn't much else that fits the bill as far neutrality is concerned. The HF5 is less flat than MK5 stock, requires either EQ or the resistor adapter to flatten it out. The adapter will butcher the sensitivity.

I remember when those faggot Z fans would shit up these threads every time he released a new review. Every week it'd be the greatest shit ever and everyone should go buy it. I decided to go have a look to see what people were soiling themselves over, and it was a fat-headed weeb with animu on his vertical monitor and the worst taste in music imaginable. It goes without saying that there was a lot of relevance between him and his audience.

bump

xioami hybrid in-ears

The hybrids are apparently much worse than the piston 3's

Ety MK5. Use different eartips if you have to, such as >is Philips Fidelio X2 a meme?
I don't know what you mean by meme, but–
>I hear it's V shaped sound
It is, unlike most open backed headphones.

>Do I need a DAC/AMP for this headphones though? Some people say you don't.
It's low impedance but it is fairly sensitive, so it isn't likely.

That's a really bass heavy set.

can anyone here vouch for these?

amazon.com/RHA-MA750-Isolating-Headphone-Warranty/dp/B00ELAM8LE

>Budget
250-300€
>Location
EU
>Source
PC with Xonar DG
Around-ear
>Comfort level
Very comfy
>Preferred tonal balance
Bass/Neutral
>Past headphones
Koss Porta pro, Sennheiser Momentum M2 Over Ear

thomann stock etymotic eartips.

Since we dont have a dedicated speaker general I guess this is the best place to ask this question.

Im about to buy a set of speakers for my tv and im wondering about which pair I should get.

Logitech 2.1: amazon.ca/Logitech-980-000402-Speaker-System-Z623/dp/B003VAHYTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469988470&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech 2.1

Edifier Bookshelf R1280T: amazon.ca/Edifier-Powered-Bookshelf-Speakers-Monitors/dp/B016P9HJIA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469988483&sr=8-2&keywords=bookshelf speakers

I want these because they have built in amps with bass adjust (really important as I share a room and need to turn down bass during night).

Can someone highlight the differences between them? General audio quality, lows, mids, highs, ease of set up, etc. I already own the Logitech pair for my computer and I think they sound pretty good, I dont have anything to really benchmark them against unfortunately.

Im not an audiophile so take that into consideration please. Will mostly be playing games and watching movies on it.

I don't know anything about either of them but I would guess that the bookshelf speakers are better. They should be better.

n a t u r a l

Literally kill yourself newfag.

600's are master race tho so he's right lad

>Budget
100 Bucks
>Location
USA
>Source
Phone
Full Sized
>Comfort level
Comfy, for several hours use
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Past headphones
Fostex TH-5BB

are momentums any good as portables? and are the on-ear better than the over ear?

>Budget
Less than $100
>Location
USA
>Source
Computer (no amp)
>Preferred
Open over-ear
>Comfort level
Will be worn hours at a time
>Preferred tonal balance
No preference
>Past headphones
None.

I'd like to buy some headphones for a gift for a younger relative of mine. He's been using a lot of gaming headsets and never satisfied with them. He plays a lot of CS:GO. My knowledge of the sub $100 market is minimal.

are vsonic vsd1s good starter IEM?

K553 on Massdrop, for those looking for a closed-back.

Never tried them but that looks like a cheap fucking price for americans.

>>Budget
>$150 AUD
>>Location
>Australia
>>Source
>Phone
>>Preferred type of headphone
>earphone with mic
>>Comfort level
>somewhat comfortable would be nice
>>Preferred tonal balance
>Neutral
>>Past headphones
Sound magic s50, currently using piston 3's

>Budget
300 CAD, can move a little
>Location
Canada
>Source
appleshit (phone/tablet)
>Preferred
Closed over ear, noise cancellation top priority
>comfort level
comfy af, as comfy as possible, probably second priority
>balance
Doesn't matter but neutral if possible
>Past headphones
None

Buying headphones for my relative, he has autism and hyper sensitive hearing, so he'll need noise cancellation (pleb normie here, I don't really know if you guys call it that or just isolation)

And he wears them just to cancel noise for long periods of time (like hours), so he needs them to be pretty comfy

I also know jack shit about anything audio so pls be gentle