GPU Fan is LOUD!

I built a new PC with the EVGA Geforce GTX1070 as my GPU (pic related). I love the graphics but only one of the two fans are running and it is super loud, as loud as a box fan (if not louder). Any solutions or reasons of why this is happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01GEYE6YQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_g147_i1_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=RZN0AAEAMVXHGSC3M570&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=6aad23bd-3035-4a40-b691-0eefb1a18396&pf_rd_i=desktop
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all EVGA superclocked fans are loud as fuck

my gtx 960 ftw edition is loud as shit on 100%
>can hear it through a door

EVGA's coolers are pure shit. Great customer support though.

Would I be able to return it if I bought it off of amazon for this reason?

^

>Any solutions or reasons of why this is happening?
that's called being broken
return it

?????
>>only one of the two fans are running
it's broken

Yeah the second will run for a second but stop

maybe its really hot?

No its only 60 degrees Celsius

RETURN IT

I am going to and buy the founders edition by ZOTAC

>he fell for the "ultra durable fans" meme

I think he just fell for the "don't fuckin buy anything that isn't EVGA or Sapphire" meme

Yea just do it

Do you guys think the ZOTAC Founders Edition (1070) is a good idea? My brother and friend both have and say it is amazing and quiet

Don't get the stock cooler one, sucks fucking dick.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01GEYE6YQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_g147_i1_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=RZN0AAEAMVXHGSC3M570&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=6aad23bd-3035-4a40-b691-0eefb1a18396&pf_rd_i=desktop

This is the one i am considering

>Zotac meme
They're in less demand for a reason

Isn't the FE on par with most of the non top end cards/better than cheapshit coolers from the like of gigabyte?

i have the zotac to be 1070 amp extreme and the third fan is loud as fuck and turns on when the temp gets above like 55 degrees and starts pulsing and goes constantly at like 60 degrees plus

>7.5

???

I will say my Reference Nvidia GTX 1070 runs really quiet after the most recent driver update. I know they have a reputation for being loud.

Are Zotac that bad?

Do they only offer a 5 year warranty because their shit is cheap enough to replace?

very funny amd shill

good one

nvidia & evga are the best brands in the tech industry. number one in innovation and performance.

evga cards are extremely quiet and top of the line build quality.

So why is mine so damn loud?

you don't own one?

you're an amd shill trying to tarnish the reputable name of nvidia and evga.

5₩ Has been deposited into your leaders account.

Nah it's true, I bought a brand new gpu off amazon last year and evga replaced it even if I'm like across the pacific. Turns out the display and cable were at fault, sent it back 'cause it had a lower asic.

and call support instead of whining like a bitch, it's worth it for once.

pic, perfect chick gpu

Get one with a better cooler

Not sure

Nothing wrong with Zotac, people just love spending more for meme brands like MSI and EVGA for shit reasons

Babby's first GPU. They are all like this. The only solution is watercooling. Or headphones.

he doesn't own a 1070

hes a paid shill trying to hurt nvidia and evga's name.

he's posted zero proof showing he actually owns one.

I plan on getting the 1060 amp and replacing the paste with noctua paste.

Even if that was true I'm sure the card is loud as fuck. They all are and I've owned 2 fan/3 fan cards from all the major manufacturers. Once you get into 70+% fan speed range they are just obnoxious. It's PC gaming's dirty little secret. If Sony put out a console that sounded like a leaf blower they'd get raked over the coals yet we all just put up with it for our computers.

I have this exact card.

EVGA 1070 SC

It's extremely quiet, quietest GPU I've ever had.

OP's card is broken, both fans should be running during load.

How paranoid can you be?

The fans aren't even supposed to turn on if the GPU is below 60c and they should only be running at ~30% if the card is hovering just above 60c

Buy a 480 instead :^)

because evga fans are shit msi is the king when it comes to quite fans.

If a company could guarantee a product to be defect-free, said product wouldn't have a warranty.

Now, the card OP has might not come with a warranty, but I'm strongly inclined to believe you could do the world a favour by going to find a tailpipe to suck on.