What's wrong with my code? Sorry I'm new

What's wrong with my code? Sorry I'm new

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't be sorry. In order to _really_ understand how to fix this you need to travel down a certain path though. To begin your journey you will need to

Install Gentoo

> Want to code
> doesn't know how to take a decent screenshot

Shit dude you better quit now...

you are supposed to close the tags after not before

I'm LMAOing at your life

I'm gonna lie to myself and say this isn't bait.

You can't put HTML directly inside Javascript. Also, there is only one break tag,

this isn't lisp

Nice job on this bait, son. It's kind of impressive.

sorru iom really new. so how shoudl this look like. im really trying to learn

He was waiting for the "taking a picture of the screen" replies.

i'd believe if you took a picture with Sup Forums in a coment on your code

It's react. Jsx

Are you guys retarded?

That's the Muslim bomber faggot.

don't make this weird, im really trying to learn.It's in JSX. I have no idea what im doing wrong. oaky so my div tab is closed, i need to open it. what else?

if youre new why the fuck are you trying react.js lol

Install TempleOS

or haskell

Bretty obvious bait tbqfh famalamadingdonger

- some shit LRN 2 PRUHGRM website
- language Sup Forums hates because muh code artisan hotness
- literal physical screencapture
- blatant image reflection for bully points
- fagOtSX meme
- broken engrish comments
- idiotic mistakes that even Coco the capucin could not make

NaN / 10 bait

What the fuck are you doing with your life, OP? Instead of brushing up on your reimplemetation of fezzbazz in the meme language du jour (so you can finally get a fucking job, may at at a shop that's clogging up the tubes of the tumor known as the internet and bringing it closer to it's inadvertent demise), you're shitting out babby's first troll on a bhutanese basket weaving website. Go see a therapist and get a prescription for oxycodone. Maybe then you can finally remain silent by yourself. Maybe then you can start asking yourself what existential dread you are running from, by posting shit in the proverbial asshole of the internet that's more interested in lolis and video cards than whatever kind of twisted, veiled to the n-th degree screams for help you're writing here.

No matter what you pray to (or don't), no matter what political cause you fight for, no matter what philosophy you ascribe to, these is one immutable guaranteed reality: Death is coming. Naked and alone you are born and naked and alone you will die. No amount of edgy eggs dee internet culture will save you from your fears of death, loneliness, meaninglessness and above all else, your morbid fear of freedom. You should have gotten some defense mechanism that are not pleb-tier, seeing as you're not underage.

But you won't
Cause you didn't
Cause you can't

Cause what you end up doing with your days is what you end up doing with your life, OP. So it goes. As eternally prophesied OP is forever a flaming faggot of titanic proportions and we are all one step closer to damnation for inhibiting even the same top-level-domain as this poor excuse for a man.

Pic related

low quality bait

also wtf is wrong with your fingers, Gumby?

1. When using XML-based markup languages (and similar languages, like HTML), if tags are matched, they look like this:
value

When they are not matched, they look like this:

The same is (mostly) true for HTML. You've got your div and article tags bass-ackwards, and br is actually supposed to be a stand-alone tag like , and doesn't need to be closed (although if you're not doing XHTML, it can just be
, because HTML != XML; but I digress, it shouldn't be closed, and you should be consistent in which of the two you use).

2. I'm pretty sure you can't just shove raw HTML in Javascript like that. At the very least, put it into a string, and escape your quotes with a \. But then you're just left with a variable called profile that holds a string.

3. You really don't need to take a picture of your screen with your phone. Just take a screenshot. Or better yet, paste the code onto Sup Forums using code tags.

Not only fake and gay, but also fat. Did whoever post this taxidermy OP's sad corpse so he could shitpost?
Come on, be forthcoming, desecration of a human corpse is just a felony.

He's using JavaScript XML, user. JSX for short. It's a statically-typed, version of js (.jsx files are compiled to .js before running) and, among other things, allows arbitrary html/xml as "native" values.
OP seems to be running a reactJS tutorial that uses JSX extensively (as far as I know).

END YOUR LIFE
N
D

Y
O
U
R

L
I
F
E

Why u mad tho?

Trolled

*troled

Codeacademy is your first mistake. I seriously think they guys who created this site did it as a deterrent to decrease competition and to weed out idiots. The common response after a code academy "course" is "i finished the course but I don't think i learned anything and I still don't understand it."

Get a book from o'reilly or something if you really want to learn. Books are way better than shitty sites like codeacademy

y'all postin in a troll thread

>Chad trying to code

>calls out bait for what it is
>proceeds to fall for it anyway
Why?

Tomorrow go find the Dive into python on the web. Don't fucking worry if you get nothing at first. Then navigate to python.org and learn the standard library by bloody hard. Then grind, and I meant it, bitch, you grind the pythonian coding convention PEP8 until you know it by rote. When you write your first own imageboard, picking up html+css in the process, time to download and study any python-based asynchronous web-server. I recommend Tornado or Gevent. By the time you alter your imageboard so that it can at least manage giving off 5k request per second, you'd be ready to move on: the intriguing world of high-load programming at your feed. Apache Hadoop, ultrafast asynchronous key-value storages, MapReduce. It won't be long for you to laugh at the fuck ups of NEETs and poor Slavs that live off by sucking cocks and no longer than in half a year your income will grow to the point when any bitch will get wet from only a mention of your salary.

>);

hello Jenkins

LEE3EROOOIY

Actually good bait

Zach Hill?

If that's not b8, kys

God my eyes are shacking while looking at this fago-faggoty spaces.

there appears to be a young man on it

The url bar says "codecademy.com".

There's no 'a' in academy.

there is, in fact, two "a"'s in "academy"

academy? that website is "co-decade, my!"

looks like normal web dev code to me

A book describing abstract concepts isn't going to help him.

You can read about a car engine and learn about concepts like oxygen intake and cylinders all you like but actually using a car and having to repair it is how you gain an appreciation for what it is and what you can accomplish with it.

Posting a random image because no one pays attention to your post unless there's something attention grabbing.

learn from the rest, die like the best

Ok faggot this is why you and OP should just quit now and pursue other vocations.

Do you really fucking think that I an suggesting that OP get a beginner's book from O'Reilly (or other legit publishers) and just curl up in bed in his mom's panties and read the book while drinking a glass of wine??

You and op are giant faggots. Every single good book I've read to learn programming has you follow along and complete exercises and tutorials with a FUCKING COMPUTER. If you actually just sit there and read the book like it's 50 shades of Grey then yes that would be fucking stupid.

Also all these books are avail as pdfs these days too so the way i do it is to open the pdf ON MY FUCKING COMPUTER and then take notes ON MY FUCKING COMPUTER and then complete the exercises and tutorials in the book ON MY FUCKING COMPUTER.

This is why there's a shortage of talent these days because you idiot millennial faggots don't know how to read books and you definitely don't know how to READ THE FUCKING MANUAL. So enjoy pajeet shit tier status with you lazy "lmao420learn2code.com" websites that promote mental laziness.

>no "how to take screenshot" tabs open
0/10

protip.

mdn is your friend
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/

also i think you might want template strings.

What's the point of memorizing shit in books when I can just look through them to reference the parts I need when I need them?

what a great picture.

>Idiots falling for obvious bait.

I did not say memorize a book. I'm not talking about memorizing manuals i'm talking about learning by reading a book like Head First Javascript or some shit like that. And doing the tutorials and exercises the book tells you to do ON A FUCKING COMPUTER. I am not saying read and memorize the mozilla javascript manual. I'm talking about reading books that are meant to teach beginners how to program and are set up like college textbooks not books that are set up as reference manuals. It's like how an english class has a textbook that you learn from. But you being an extreme spectrum autist would think i am advocating reading the dictionary from cover to cover to learn english. But that is because u are giant fucking Faggot and you probably write shit tier pajeet code and you are probably indian and you probably shit in the street and live in a hut made of shit and mud.

>run

Completely Haram.

kek

You can in react, which hes doing

fuark I hate trans people