I noticed a 30 fps drop in rocket league a few days ago so i downlaoded speccy to see my temps

i noticed a 30 fps drop in rocket league a few days ago so i downlaoded speccy to see my temps

is 95-101 high for a cpu?

Nope, in fact you can finally start overclocking that baby.

are you using a stock cooler or what

Yes very.
Go fix it asap

If there is a big block of twisted metal on top of your CPU with a fan, it's heating up your CPU, you need to remove it, just unscrew the 4 corner screws, make sure you're gentle with the springs on them. Once that's off, just flip on your machine and it should be nice and cool now that it is truly exposed to the air.

Don't listen to this troll.

it's high

probably an issue with the cooler

This

You need to short pin 10 to pin 7 on the motherboard connector.
It looks like it disabled throttling. This should fix it.

I OC my 4690K using the stock cooler and I don't get anywhere close to those temps.

B8
In the off-chance that this isn't bait, fix this immediately OP.

Yeah, It's very bad OP.
If I recall,when you get to around 110C+, it'll start shutting down randomly. It's already dangerously high and you're ruining the life time of your CPU by pushing it this far.

Replace the thermal paste(get silver arctic) and buy a better heatsink.

I've been gone from Sup Forums for about 2 years now and I come back to check on it to see this shit. Not a single person has pointed out how this faggot is running NSA/Windows 10 and has Skype in the background? He also didn't screenshot and took a fucking picture. Everyone on this board is a bunch of fucking normalfags now. Please consider suicide

acting like an edgy tryhard gets old

How am I tryharding? He's using Windows 10 of all goddamn operating systems and no one here even mentioned it. You fags don't deserve to have Stallman in your sticky

What else would we be running?

first of all don't use speccy to monitor your temps, download HWINFO

secondly yes that is way too high

GNU/Linux or even BSD nigger

This user knows his shit. Listen to him.

Time for Linux update - 5 minutes or less
Time for Windows update - an hour

Please try harder

If your OS is so great, why do you need bullshit? Any update I've done took 5 minutes.

Do these look like routers to you? Why would I install Linux?

It's probably an issue with your graphics card drivers or something like that, CPU temps are fine

>Home

Now there's your mistake.

Do you even know who Snowden is? Have you ever even heard of the 4 essential freedoms of software?

Please just tell me if your baiting or not

Snowden was that Marine MtF who false flagged Sandy Hook, right?

He was airforce faggot

I came to this board 3 years ago to discuss at laugh at tech related things. I left in the wake of GG to run from censorship. I come back now only to see a barren wasteland of a place where people unironically use Windows and not only that but WINDOWS 10 HOLY SHIT. I hope then government comes knocking on your door for saying "hate speech" you remember when Stallman warned you but you didn't listen. an hero you fucking proprietary cucks

>muh gaymergate
This board's 18+

>This board's 18+
Exactly. if you don't care about censorship you're probably a child and should leave

user calm down this is obviously bait

by falling for it so hard you do nothing but encourage them

If its bait then this entire board is bait. Peo's law hits hard

>I left in the wake of GG to run from censorship
is this bait

why did you come back? the cenorship and libtards are still here, this isn't a safe area for you

>I need my white manbaby safe space!
This board's 18+. You're not gonna get it.

I came back to see what it had become. I imagined it would be Linux with some Windowns on the side but not anything like the hell it is now

Sleep tight, Sup Forums. I spent many a nights on you. I'm sorry to see what you have become. goodnight sweet prince. I will always be a Sup Forumsentooman at heart

>36 posts and not a single one shaming this dumb-arse nigga for taking a photo of his computer screen

Step up Sup Forums

Bye. Enjoy your timesink OS.
"It's used on supercomputers. That means my Pentium M is a supercomputer too!"

He's hitting the 100C thermal throttle. It would probably take him 5 minutes to open a browser.

Just clean your fan.

I agree. But actually: I would wait until you get around 105°C on the average to overclock most efficiently. Also, try removing the weird metal thing on your CPU and maybe move the fan to another free place in your case so you can achieve better air flow.

nigga what, my temp just dropped by 20 degrees after doing that
are you a fucking wizard?

>laptop is acting slow
>reapply thermal paste
>everything works fine again
but goddamn do i hate assembling parts and screwing and shit