I'm poor and I want a video card, what is the best I can do spending at MOST $150?

I'm poor and I want a video card, what is the best I can do spending at MOST $150?
Ideally I would want to play games such as fallout 4 on very high, GTA V on high and witcher 3 on medium at 45+ fps on 1200p.
Willing to sacrifice visual quality if it means significant money savings. I've been looking at the GTX 960, R9 380, R7 360 and GTX 750 but can't decide which one is better.
Can you help me Sup Forums?

No

Just save up for another month or so and buy a 1060.

just save for a good card dude, it's worth it

The 470 launches on 4th and the 460 on 8th. So I'd wait if I were you.

Can't. I'm on the US right now and go back this week. If I buy it in my home country I'm going to spend something like 3 times the asking price in the US,

How long before they come out with third-party versions? I'd really like one of those coolers that turn of at idle.
My brother will be staying in canada until the end of august, so he may be able to buy it for me. But that means paying extra as in canada stuff is more expensive, not sure if it is worth it.

I haven't seen any aftermarket coolers for the RX 480 yet, when are they supposed to come out? How much more expensive can I expect them to be?
The GTX 1060 on the other hand launched much more recently and already has multiple aftermarket coolers such as MSI that is selling for $280, cheaper than the initial $300 price...

r7 256 bit 4gb. if you can't afford the nvida equivalent. Make sure it's 256bit.

The nvidia equivalent being the GTX 750?

Not really I don't think, their all 2gb cards with only 126bit bus. Unless theirs a revamp like the r7 I'm talking about, because they were 128bit, but came out with a 256 bit 4gb version a few years later.

Just get GTX 950

This actually. You can play all games with a 950 or 960 at acceptable settings on 1080p. Don't fall for the high-end meme.

From personal experince ive never bought a new graphics card only second hand
Here is my history
Amd 7850: $60 - this card performed as well as a ps4
Nvidia mini 760: $110 - this card will pretty much fit your need plus I just sold mine for 80 bucks so im sure you can get it for around 70
Gtx 980: $200 - this thing gets hot really fast but it runs everything i threw at it

Used 7950

290x

960 or 380.
750 is overpriced as hell. (The only reason it was suggested was because of low power consumption in the TI version)
R7 360 is pretty similar to the 750 Ti.

Anyways, the best advise is not to buy any of those since low end bugdet cards will come in some time and you will pay for hardware that is already obsolete. Either wait and save 50 bucks to buy a 1060 or 480 or wait until 1050 or 470 come out.

go for amd rx 470/460
better for longterm use i think
since u dont upgrade very often

Look for used, make an offer on ebay to end early an auction if you have to. A 7970 or 280x run those as you said. It's what I got

For 150 the best bet is nothing.

Get a decent AMD apu...over clock the bastard...and toss 8-16 gigs of the best fastest fucking ram you can get at the Fucker.

There you have best graphics without spending 200. The apu will cost 100 at best.

Other alternatives include buying a used gpu, or an rx 470

MSI 750TI.

took a long time to get this stable

Pure gaming: R9 380 (preferably Sapphire or XFX)
HDMI 2/HEVC 4K decoding: GTX 960 (MSI and ASUS will do)

The 380 shits all over the 960 in raw performance (and massively so, to a degree even the NVIDIA shills at Reddit don't like the 960), but does not have HDMI 2.0 and HEVC decoding. So if you're just looking for some games, get the 380. If you want to re-purpose the card for home-theater later on, get the 960.

380 overclocks poorly. Maxed out it's a little bit better but not a ton. With driver degradation OP would still be better off if with the 380 if he's trying to make it last a few years, as long as his processor is decent/not amd. Shame he can't go $200 tho

How did you manage to get those clocks?

If you're that poor, you shouldn't be blowing money on stupid things like games. Get your shit together

>at MOST $150?
a reference RX 470 will go for that much. as good as you're gonna get for that price. (i personally wouldn't get reference tho they blow hard dicks wait for partner boards, even if they cost $20-30 more)

at that price point, FO4 at very high isn't gonna happen. it's one of the most demanding games. GTA V you might be able to do at high, sans the grass setting, and TW3 you can probably get away with high settings (I know I could on a 970).

Just wait until black friday/cyber monday and pick up a 1060 for

As a 750ti owner, I too want to know how you got those clocks.

Is 114€ a fair price for a new MSI GTX 750 Ti? Is a SeaSonic G 550W powerful enough for it?

try and get a used 770 or maybe if you're lucky a 780/970. i don't know how much gpu's are going for used in the usa though.

The Zotac OC edition card was able to do this shit, never seen the clocks that high though

Playing video games while being a poor loser is one of the worst things you can do with your time.

When you can comfortably afford a 1080, get a 1060/RX 480 and play video games.

Yea has to be fake I think.

By a Skylake for 100%, no memes, full DX12 support.

I wouldn't pay that much for a 750ti now, buts its their usual pricing

Yes, you can pretty much run any current single gpu card with 550W

so you're gonna smuggle it through your home country's customs?

I've got one, and it's a lovely card. Really cool and quiet too.

Thank you for answering. I have in mind the GTX 750Ti because it can run the games I'm mostly interested too very well.

r9 380
honestly youre in a bad position because whatever you get for 150 right now is gonna be garbage within the coming weeks

One more thing: could I go well with a less powerful PSU (around 400W)? Does the GTx pair well with a i5 6500 and an Asus H110M-A microATX? Does GTX get hot?

The 750ti runs off basically anything as most models of it don't even have a 6 pin connector. If your psu can't feed a modern consumer class intel chip and a 75w gpu you have serious problems.

stop ruining this fucking board already
Sup Forums
Sup Forums
Sup Forums

I still need to buy anything, I'm just asking for clarification for my future build

Used 760

Similar performance and lower tdp.

I was able to falsely increase the clocks of a 9600GT by using two OC utilities at the same time. It would show up in GPU-Z, but the card was actually running at stock frequencies.

Consider this, an i5 will pull around 80-90w and the 750ti will be 75w.

Oh and here is some advice you should never forget: regardless of what wattage psu you get make sure its a good psu. Wattage is not a sign of quality. Go read Jonnyguru's death of a Gutless Wonder articles for what happens when you actually try and push a shanghai street special psu to its supposed rated limit.

Sup Forums is for video games, not for PC hardware.

Sup Forums doesn't know shit about hardware either - all the DX12 shitposting is evidence enough.

Thank you

GTX 970 for 175 euro as upgrade from the GTX 660? Does anyone know anything about the galax/kfa2 line of cards also?

Stop playing video games if you're poor and get a bank account fuccboi.

dude save up... im like 3/5th my way there to a 1060