Would you ever buy refurbished tech?

Would you ever buy refurbished tech?

Yes

I bought a dell xps m1530 laptop from their outlet in 06 or so and still have it, it still works great.

im waiting on a refurbished thinkpad ill let you know how it goes

I am not poorfag

No fucking way

only way to get cool thinkpads is used

I used to sell refurb hardware for a living and yes.

Depends on what it is, how likely it is to break again, how much much of a savings it would be, and the availability of new models.

For example, I have bought a refurbished 60GB PS3 because it was less than a new PS3, and it is impossible to get a new PS3 that has PS2 hardware emulation.

yes and used tech if it's a good deal on something without moving parts

Is it logical to think that buying refurbished is safer than buying new?

Probably in the case of "will it work when I get it" it will.
But as for lifespan, unless it's a hard drive, it shouldn't be any different from another product that wasn't refurbed.

But you should really do research into what work is required to consider it refurbished.

Yes. Got a refurb Thinkpad X220 after my dogs managed to break my original while "playing".

Using a HP probook i got on the cheap, single flaw is an ever so slight dent in the back of the lid that does nothing.
That and I had to purge the drive of a pirate copy of 10 and clean the vent because the seller was a lazy fuck.
Replaced the drive anyway. Compared to the hamster wheel powered piece of shit I was using beforehand this was an absolute steal.

Bought a cpu and motherboard used. Haven't had to return one yet. But I buy from reputable sellers when I can. ie long time members with high ratings/offer returns.

I did have problems with the motherboard ram slots though. Turns out it doesn't like most 8gb sticks based on it's compatibility list, but is otherwise fine.

I have multiple times, I've yet to be disappointed.

Sansa clip+ > 20€

Speakers > 40€

No regrets. Save the earth, do not throw working electronic you stupid consumer.

For some internal components I would. But if it's something that some greasy fuck, with his cum-covered hands had to touch daily, then forget it.

I am gainfully employed, so I don't have to live like a hobo.

absolutely.

Refurbished monitor/cpu/mobo/ram/psu/cooler (still using after a year and half later)
Refurbished GPU(in process of RMA right now and comes with 2 year transferable warranty).

I got them for less than 50% of what their original worth was, so I was happy.

Depends on condition, new near or a few minor scuffle markings aren't bad so long as the product functions as it's expected.

One thing I'll never buy pre-owned or refurbished is GPUs how ever.

Also

refurbished router/modem/speaker/stereo receiver (that I got for 1/10th of its msrp).

refurbished keyboard/controllers/headphone (1/5th of its original price)

I'm a cheapstake and only really used stuff because I don't like buying new stuff. Too expensive for its worth.

From the original manufacturer with balance of warranty, sure.

seeing as how Sup Forums always brag about fucking up other people's tech and abusing refurbish techs, no.
those fat greasy hands is disgusting

There's nothing on anyone's hands that can't be dealt with with a bit of isopropyl alcohol.

Fucking high school I went to used all refurbished tech cuz they're stupid. The money they spent upgrading to win7 and whatever the fuck those assfuck '06 model macbooks (that we used in the year 2013) ran could've gone to decent technology and skipping out on Apple entirely.

I would call you paranoid, but then I remembered the webm of the guy cumming on his tablet that was showing a picture of titties. Cumming on tech is a huge bonerkill for me desu

No. I buy used only if it's in good condition.

only CPU's

I always buy used things because I'm a poorfag and used stuff gives me better dealz. Used car, used computers, used monitors, used phones, used gaming consoles, etc etc

As long as the seller cleaned and tested it, I'm good. Buying from randos is usually cheaper but not worth the risk that you get something filthy/damaged.

basically this

moving parts will mean the bearings are teared and the failing will be sooner

Yes.

What anime

Bought my my laptop 3 years ago for 350€ instead of 550€. It still runs perfectly without issues.
So yes, I would buy refurbished tech again

No I never buy and I never sell

Typing on a refurbished ThinkPad T450s as we speak. It was like new for half the price.

Bought my workhorse laptop refurbished 2 years ago for $320, and it's been incredibly reliable and stable. Might go with new on something more expensive, though.

Yes but no, even after getting a good paying job I can't get my self to pay full price when I know I can get it cheaper used, but at the same time I really want new, but never had a problem.

I bought pic related from the Nintendo Store for $115 refurbished. I haven't recieved it yet, but Nintendo allegedly has refurbished products that look new.

Only dumb fucks buy tech at "Full Price"

Yes it's great.

Only if it doesn't require a recharge li-ion battery or runs on an O.S.