When did you give up doing more work than necessary just to run an operating system?

When did you give up doing more work than necessary just to run an operating system?

Pretty much from birth.

When I started working full time.

since i started using computers because windows just werks and loonix on the desktop is a toy

I didn't. I used Arch Anywhere and was up and running with Arch in less than 30mins.

>xDDDDdDdDDddDd arch is 4 hobbys!!!!

when will this meme end

it took me 10 minutes to install antergos and change the os-release to arch

took me about an hour on a slow work day to """rice""" it

never had any crashes

never had any problems

no, x has never broken

>antergos
fuck off retard with your noobuntu tier arch rip off

Swap Arch for Win10 and you also need to do plenty of shit to make it usable.

Hell this also applies to W7 with Windows Update getting stuck and all.

when i finally bought a mac

For that matter there is much more shit to do on windows. It takes around 30 minutes to 1 hour to setup Arch install properly, after that it's sudo pacman -Syu, I personally have it aliased as upgrade for laziness.
With windows 7 installation alone takes longer than that, after that you have install updates (usually don't work) and drivers one by one. With 10 you have to pray everything works and then spend rest of your life fighting your OS.

>When did you give up doing more work than necessary just to run an operating system?

The day I changed to Debian Stable as my daily driver

Debian because I need to do work.

>I need to do work.
says the Sup Forums user

I use Sup Forums on my free time kid

i use fedora because it just werks

>spend rest of your life fighting your OS
i don't know how but i bet it's going to get even worse than that

>free time
so you'd have plenty of time for the extra 5 minutes that arch would take over debian but you're just too lame to figure it out

In May 2015 when my machine broke down and I bought a notebook that would not work with Linux.

I gave Windows 8.1 a fair chance since the last Windows I used was pre-sp3 XP and ended up really liking it. Being forced not to use Linux really makes you realise a few things.

Since 2013, when I installed arch. I don't have to maintain that distrib it's fucking stable.

>stable
no it isn't you fucking moron
>>>>rolling release
>>>>stable

>>stable
>no it isn't you fucking moron
spot the retard who failed at installing arch

>what is rolling back to stable packages in the off chance of a breakage

Literally takes one command and you're stable again. And if you have a stable system, it's not like you're forced to upgrade anyway.

Tomorrow, backing up my files now.
Switching to funtoo

What work..?

Found the archfag

Fun fact: Arch "haters" are actually just Arch users trying to keep "muh sekret klub"

Either you are samefagging or took the shttiest bait ITT

does he really wear his pants this high?

Arch is not meant for the work environment, it is an interesting project but absolutely worthless for the industry, Debian is great for that and is entirely free software unlike Arch, Arch is simply one of the worst distros if you truly want to actually get something done, just like CRUX or Gentoo, i'm not doubting the ability and flexibility of the two OS's but if you brought that into work opposed to Ubuntu or Debian then that would simply be irresponsible and would hinder actual work to be done, that isn'tthe case with a professional OS like Debian or Ubuntu, plus Arch just now began to sign packages LAST MONTH, like how fucking careless can the hobyists who made Arch be?

I met a guy who uses arch at his network administrator job
he goes on plebbit as well
all I could think of was pic related

When I installed gentoo.

arch users confirmed for autistic skids