Oneplus 3

Does anyone have one of these? Really interested, but I want to hear from others first.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-3-how-to-unlock-bootloader-flash-twrp-root-nandroid-efs-backup-and-more.448149/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It runs Android...

Terrible phone.

Good hardware tho.

>>>/spg/

this /thread

It's not terrible, really

It's terrible if you want to never settle though

Don't have as Oneplus 3 but I have a Oneplus x

After this I don't think I'll ever buy any of this chink shit garbage again. This phone would be great if not for the numerous issues that plague it like it heating up when you so much as look at it as if it's an embarrassed school girl.

Oneplus don't have great support if something goes wrong either

>phone breaks on you
>send it in
>they will claim water damage even if you live in a desert never touched water

With the 3 you're getting quite a lot for your money. If you're going to buy it take it as a gamble where you'll either end up with a phone you really like or one you're not satisfied with but will probably still work at least

Got an Elephone P3000. Apart from an initial issue with the Elephone launcher (swapped to the Google one) been extremely pleased with it. Cost me under $200

Enjoy your pentile screen in 2016!

zte axon 7

>caring about pentile at over 300 ppi

>not caring about the benefits of pentile, extending the life expectation of oled

enjoy your shitty software and locked bootloader

>good hardware
>runs android

So what exactly is terrible about it?

>caring about software gimmick introduced by 12 year old russian rom hackers
>not installing nova launcher and be done with it for ages

>mfw eternal icucks on Sup Forums
Has eating shit from your own hands already become a national sport?

I've ordered one but I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

>runs android
>"what is terrible?"

I have one. No regrets!

Surprisingly premium feel
Fast
Looks great (minus the camera bump)
Charges fast! Though, uses a proprietary quick charge brick. 0 - 100% in a little over an hour.
Battery is decent. Most of the time lasts me a full day with medium to high usage.
Great price.
Display is pentile matrix and 1080p, but I personally don't mind. Still looks great, but only if you enable sRGB in the dev options.
Recent updates fixed a few issues (sRGB, fingerprint scanner occasionally trying to read in my pocket)

Oh, forgot to mention one of my favorite features! When the display is off, you can draw gestures on the screen to control your music (play, pause, skip, etc...), use the flashlight, and open the camera. Surprisingly useful.

That's pretty cool

>still no microSD slot

Fuck it and fuck OPO it's all worthless fucking garbage.

I've had mine for little over a month now.

I absolutely love everything about it. It's perfect.

There's barely anything that I'd want to change except a few minor software things. However they recently released the dash charge source code so soon there will be great custom ROMs available to change anything and everything you could want.

Yeah, some could say this is a a bummer, but I mostly stream my music, and Google photos ($2/mo for 100gb) helps offload a lot of the storage space issues. I understand 64gb is not enough for some, but for most people, it is.

I have one. It's a great device for the price. Is there anything specific you wanted to know?

>streaming music
>paying money to let google scan all of your photos

one of the worst displays in a smartphone
gimped ram
still on 1080p
no expandable storage/removable battery
"dash charge"

>outdated nonsense
It now has sRGB mode and the ram management has changed. Dash charge is super fast and the phone doesn't even get warm. It still works with my $5 third party usb extension cable. You can still knock it for being a 1080p pentile display i guess, but it looks fine.

Doesn't bother me. You have something to hide?
Also, yes, streaming music...it's a thing people do in this day and age...

Agreed. The display is far better with the recent sRGB option enabled.

I have had it for a month. Love it. Questions?

ASking for more than 1080p in smartphone , tard detected

if you have nothing to hide then there's no problem :^)

>needs more than 64GB on his phone
>removable battery in 2016
tard detected even harder

Exactly all of this, pretty good phone if the lack of expandable storage doesn't bother you

its a good phone.

if you want to have fun with it just dont ask Sup Forums anything about it

>Literally no difference between 1080p and 2K on a screen of that size
>b-b-but muh braggin' rights

Moron.

I don't see the issue. You can get a USB C drive and just swap files over of ever you need more than 64GB (which you won't)

OP here. I have a few questions about this phone:

1. Does it overheat much? I've seen a couple of reviews saying the Oneplus 2 did, but have they fixed it with the three?

2. How does it stand up to most phones on the market at the moment?

3. Will it work in Australia?

I'd like to add a thanks for all the replies. Really helping me out on my decision.

The 3 doesn't overheat like the 2 did. It's a better design and better SoC.

1. The 1+3 is a lot cooler than my last Smartphone (Galaxy S4) Can't say CPU temps but Battery Bot Logs never show more than 37°C while playing gaymes or charging
2. Hardware wise the Processor on par with the S7 iirc. Its 6GB Ram are unmatched on the Mobile Market right now.
3. Don't know why it shouldn't.

Just ordered mine after watching like a gazillion reviews.

- it's the fastest android phone on the market. Some others are slightly faster at some tasks, but the OP3 is generally all around faster.
- dash charging is the best charging system ever, it's freaking fast, and normal charging is almost as fast as the normal fast charge standards, so it's still fast even without dash.
- the best or among the best finger scanners on the market
- it has a nice camera. Kinda meh in low light, but retains natural colours and produces nice pictures.
- it's sturdy, with a full metal back, and covers that seamlessly hide the camera bump
- the screen is nice and bright. Not the brightest, not the nicest, but if you're not using it for VR it will be literally identical to the Samsung S7, except for full daylight visibility. (but the S7 beats any amoled here, it's just the best.)
- oxygenOS seems really damn nice and mature.

Only reasons I see NOT to get one:

- no sd card slot (64gb's are much more than enough for me, so I don't care)
-no quadhd means not good for vr (not that important for me. battery life comes first.)
-"but what if it doesn't get timely updates", well today this can be an issue with any brand. And honestly Android is mature enough for me to give less of a fuck.

OH also I just read today that one guy stressed the phone playing pokèmon go outside in a sunny park with 90 F°/32 C° and he barely felt any heat coming from the device. That's great for me, coming from a Moto G that turns into lava as soon as I start PGO.

>go on a trip
>take videos
>run out of space

what are you going to do then fuccboi?

pentile screen

>but what if it doesn't get timely updates
OxygenOS has updated 4 times since I got mine. Also the bootloader is unlocked and there are lots of rom options already. Oneplus is supposed to release the source code for dash charging soon too.

OTG flash drive. Even when my phone had an SD card I found them easier to deal with and more sturdy.

2k = 1080p, you retardatron. So yes there is no difference.

>OxygenOS has updated 4 times since I got mine.
Because they're fixing stuff that was wrong at launch.
I'm not bitching, just trying to find reasons not to buy one, but I did in fact just buy one and I wish it didn't take 10 fucking days to get here reeeeeeeeeee

OH I FORGOT

adding to thisvideo recording is mediocre as hell but it seems like it's all stuff that will be fixed with updates. 1080p is jittery, OIS needs tuning, they already made some tweaks to the codec it uses so hopefully they're working on it.

Literally a meme. It's not a difference you will see without sticking your nose on the device - meaning, only in VR.

>pentile
>benefits

Hahahaha! Nice joke, onefag. Enjoy your shit screen pentile in 2016!

>locked bootloader
It's trivial to unlock, user.

forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-3-how-to-unlock-bootloader-flash-twrp-root-nandroid-efs-backup-and-more.448149/

$10 per GB to stream a music once. Or less than $0.10 per GB for micro SD card and play the music more than once.

>open settings
>swipe setting that says unlock bootloader

Literally only locked for security purposes.

Have a one plus x. It did heat up when I first updated oxygen os. Restarted a few times and it's fine now

Just got it last Saturday. Here's what I've noticed so far

Pros:
Games run smoothly
Dash charging is awesome
Fast finger scanning
Phone looks and feels premium

Cons:
Speaker is shit
Low light photos are meh
Slippery phone
Automatic brightness adjustment is not so good

Haven't updated the OS yet though