BlockAdBlock

blockadblock.com

Sup Forums's opinion on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

adsbypasser.github.io/)
techdirt.com/articles/20160111/05574633295/forbes-site-after-begging-you-turn-off-adblocker-serves-up-steaming-pile-malware-ads.shtml
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=nl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They have to keep their lights on somehow.

I don't see anything wrong here

someone will just make a blockblockadblock

Adblock block adblock-block bok

If they're okay with losing their traffic, sure.

It seems like a straightforward solution to the problem but it will only hurt them

Anti adblock killer

Check the website source code, he left a nice message for us.

I had to enable anti-adblock killer just because some faggots think they're smart.

Anti adblock killer. Just enable that shit.

I bet it sounds like absolute angry hogwash.

I tried looking at that page. For some reason the "anti-adblock" shit pops up ~10 seconds after I load the page.

they fucking made the anti-adblock. Of course they're going to disable ads on their own damn site

>you can block it with umatrix
into the trash it goes

What i dont see anything.

If the adverts aren't intrusive I turn off adblock for that site.

However, on the vast majority of websites they are very intrusive, so I keep it on.

People just need to learn how to make non-cunty adverts

>recapturing revenue from your BLOG

HAHAHAHA! How about getting an actual, real job? Those "content creators" are a bunch of cry babies.

Lol its implemented inside a tag. Just dont load that and then it doesnt work.

i have a better option, don't have 1001 ads on your website and don't block your content with them

This. They actually already exist.

I bet you think twitchers aren't real professionals too, you cunt.

lol I always navigate away from pages that do this.
Forbes.com is the only one I run into anymore and thats because they started writing shill articles

blockadblock.com still shows you the whole page for several seconds first. in instances like that I'll just screen grab everything I wanted to read before it gets pissy about it

Maybe if advertisers didn't initially treat the internet like some kind of marketing dumpster people wouldnt be using adblock.

I mean, before adblock was popularized people were exposed to some of the annoying and obtuse ads that would have never been acceptable anywhere else.

There are/were emojis that scream at you, page redirects that trick old people into giving out their credit cards. After all this, people that use adblock are somehow bad people?

Websites using this shit circle the drain harder than if they just ignored adblock users.

I don't have the link to the article but there was a write up and statistics that show that sites like Forbes have experienced a huge decrease in visits after implementing AAB practices leading to them considering removing it because alongside ad revenue they're losing other sources of revenue by not being visited as much.

frankly I dont care how much revenue anybody gets from any website. You'd have to be an idiot not to use adblock. I talk to people at my work and they all complain about being infected with all kind of spyware and shit and how they dont know how they get it. I know how they get it, they load all kinds of shady shit off the web through adverts.

I dont know why anybody puts up with it, just for the convenience. I mean is it just acceptable that random webpages will just load videos and start playing them for you? sometimes they're not even in a place that you could click out of them

The way I see it I'm allowed to pick and choose what elements of a webpage to load. They didn't load the website as a completed published document, it comes in pieces and you dont need all of them. simple as that.

While obviously it's much better to just not give them any traffic, for forbes and other sites with similar interstitial ads you can use adsbypasser (adsbypasser.github.io/)

For blockadblock type scripts it's just a matter of blocking local scripts. Both noscript and umatrix can do this.

The war against adblockers cannot be won. The more annoying those scripts get, the more people will start blocking javascript in turn, which will result in better adblocking utilities that also block annoying scripts.

yeah I'm not about to let open the floodgates just so a shill site can get they coins

techdirt.com/articles/20160111/05574633295/forbes-site-after-begging-you-turn-off-adblocker-serves-up-steaming-pile-malware-ads.shtml

they aren't. playing dota 2 or csgo all day isn't a realy job.

It is if thats how they're earning income.

Getting naked on camera isn't a real job either but thousands of women work it as their only source of income

Yeah but making gambling sites rigging them for their own profit and doing all that while streaming takes its toll.

Just use BlockBlockAdBlock
protip: it exists

i used to be that way, but then sites i visited and allowed ads onstarted changing their ads to the bullshit.

Now i just run it on every site and not give any fucks

>cs go gamling
Not any more since steam is cracking down on them.

They do it to themselves. They shouldn't allow these fucking obnoxious advertisements on their website to begin with. It's like they don't care if the website they took so long to make and design ultimately looks and runs like shit because of the insanely intrusive advertising.

I've haven't had a single virus since i've stopped downloading .exe files, started adblocking, and started using flash block (to stop videos from loading)

>be shitty fucking website/blog/whatever the fuck
>bloat your page with ads to the point that it's practically unusable
>people block those ads so they can actually fucking use your website without having their experience hampered
>get angry at those people instead of realizing how fucking dumb you actually are

is there an example page that uses it?

>disable ublock
>the popup still appears
hahaha, nice scam

:^)

unpacked script

paste .ee /p/MW5FB

>If the adverts aren't intrusive I turn off adblock for that site.
but.. how do you know if the ads are intrusive if you are blocking them?

according to the tax man it is a job

Fuck advertisements. Seriously, I really don't give a goddamn about the lost revenue. These companies should adapt and find another source of revenue.

Again, fuck advertisements. I will continue to block as many of them as possible until the day I die.

Because they must, not because they want to. They made shitton of money off people losing their stuff.

Same as Trace Buster Buster.

They are making too much noise.
Most people don't even know about adblockers.

The "lost" revenue is miniscule anyway...

>add blockadblock.net to DNS blocklist
>blockadblock just got blocked

Thanks user

thats the beauty of it

>BlockAdblock is an easy-to-use system for recapturing lost revenue

Won't get any lost revenue back when I close your site for blocking me because of adblock

Browsers are already bloated as is.

What's going to happen when we all have 50 blocking extensions running?

One is enough, you shithead.

idk

If you like a site, then support it by turning on ads. Simple

I'd like to swap from Adblock to ublock. I've read that you need to get your own filters for it. Which one do you use then?

And what if this site then shows malicious ads? That already happened a few times to me, not risking it again.
Nah, just open the dashboard and enable some filters. I'd recommend ticking everything under "social" (blocks stuff like "like us on facebook") and "privacy".

>getting paid for acting all the time isn't a real job
>getting paid for playing football all the time isn't a real job
>getting paid for playing a guitar isn't a real job

Alright maybe so but they still make more money than you, user, from your own society.

>I've read that you need to get your own filters for it.
Where did you hear that from?
Here are the ones I use.

No idea where I heard it, but I've heart it multiple times somewhere.
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=nl

This is the one I should get right? Shitstore is full of bullshit addons.

That's the right one.

blockadblock.com##script:inject(bab-defuser.js)

Could someone send this to Reek on Github so the anti-adblock killer can block this shit?

Sure.

But that is a bit late after newspapers overloaded their web pages with noisy visually distracting ads that induces ADHD into everyone, rendering them into gibbering reddit readers.

Now they pay the price.

I have BTW given up most newspapers for that reason.

A desperate last cry as the (((ad industry))) realizes the gravy train of internet advertising is about to end.

NoScript

Mah boi!

>// LEGAL NOTICE: The content of this website and all associated program code are protected under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Intentionally circumventing this code may constitute a violation of the DMCA.

Circumventing code is a copyright violation?

None of those are jobs they are just sources of income

>radar-detector-detector-detector

I'd like to say that they should just be happy with their revenue from normies who don't know or care about adblock, who don't mind closing the 5 screen-filling popup ads with sound. The problem is, anyone even slightly savvy immediately installs it upon helping somebody when their computer is "slow" because it's going to single handedly prevent 95% of the shit that's going to fuck up their computer.

I'm all for whitelisting good websites that you frequent, but adblock actually pretty important for general browsing. Especially for normies.

stock uBlock/ABP both have "anti-adblock" lists.
kek.

>mfw they actually think they can block adblock
I hope their sites die

>not AdBlockBlock
soiled it

EFF's lawsuit can't get resolved soon enough

blockadblockadblock

> A job is an activity, often regular and often performed in exchange for payment.

?

Block my ad blocker = I no longer use the website

Ad blockers are a natural response to increasingly intrusive ads. Nobody can seem to understand this, especially advertisers and big publishers.

>You don't like our tracker cookies or our 500mb script that slows your high end i7 to a grinding halt? You're part of the problem!

Wouldn't that also work to just add an entry for blobkadblock.net to your host file?

He's talking about Reek's Anti-AdBlock Killer, which actually removes it and stops it from executing.

Thanks for watching the ads for me so the websites can continue to exist.
And thanks everyone who does the same.

I personally despise ads and blanket block them. Since you don't, you and me and the shareholders of the websites and the companies you buy products from all profit.

hahah, lol

Capitalism can't die quick enough.

Oops.
blockadblock.com##script:contains(eval(function(p,a,c,k,e,d))
Works with recent versions of uBlock Origin.

filtered

I have as much right to block ads as they have to try and stop me from blocking ads.

If the money is that important you should be seeking alternative revenue streams, however. Traditional advertising is only going to get less and less effective.

Sure, but I have a DNS server with a blocklist. If I add it to that it's also blocked on my mobile devices.

This retarded faggot doesn't know how to use comments or indentation properly. Can you specify which line of the SauceChode the messages is on?

>:contains()
This is pretty dank.

Okay?

>reading the news in 2003
>maybe 2 or 3 static banners at the top, bottom and side of the page

>reading the news in 2015
>pop-ups, enormous animated banners scripted to follow you as you scroll down the page, drags the browser to a halt
If they don't want people to block the ads they should just tone it down.

Maybe content creators should try making their ads suck less, rather than bitching about ad blockers. First off, I'm on a metered connection, as are many other people. I should not have to deal with loud, obnoxious video ads that weigh more than ten times the page itself when all I wanted was to read about the Large Hadron Collider. I have the right to not waste bandwidth. Second, ads are a HUGE vector for malware. I have the right to protect my machines and other less tech-savvy users on my network (like my fiancee). When I can safely wear headphones while reading news articles, and look for legitimate software without having to guess which of the 500 download buttons is the real one, MAYBE I might consider removing privoxy from my router, and uninstalling ublock. But as it stands, content creators can eat my dick. I hope their families starve because they chose to serve a video ad instead of a gif for pennies more a day.

This.

If the ads were unobtrusive, didn't take up 90% of the page, play sound automatically, didn't download crap to my computer, and weren't intentionally misleading I'd turn adblock off.

I still wouldn't. Damage is done as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to continue blocking all ads forever.

It's your duty as a netizen to block ANY and ALL advertising on the WWW.
I tell every single normie I come across this very statement.
If you don't block ads you are a KEK and are BANKRUPT and FINISHED after being put on SUICIDE WATCH.

>digital cucking 101

The sites that are most likely to use this are garbage anyway.

Daily reminder to require an ad blocker on your personal site

Useless and worthless.
The Internet is a communication medium, not a monetary medium. It can be used for monetary purposes, but that is not its main function, and income isn't a right anyone has on the Internet, because that's not the Internet's function. There was an Internet before ads ever existed, and there will always be an Internet afterwards.
A random site going down or content creator failing won't change a thing. The vacuum will be filled by another person who will do things in a different way.

If you want income, then paywall your site. The Internet is not obligated towards your wallet, because the Internet by definition has no obligations.

The problem is the idiots who think income is a right on the Internet because they came late to the game and don't understand anything about the Internet. Idiots with brains still frozen in the stone age.