Who is /Win7/ and Happy?

i just tried w10 it was most shit experience i ever had. It got stucked in updates,

then it also stucked in Auto Repair/Blue screen loop.

then after then said fuck this shit and reverted just back to W7.

who is /w7/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/vPnHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's also shit faggot, kys

no ? its most persistent and stable windows experience.

Only feature i like from newer windows is that Windows Button+ Print screen directly save screenshots , other then its crap.

>no ?
yes, you filthy foreigner

both are shit, kys

What's shit about Windows 7?

>i just tried w10 it was most shit experience i ever had

ohhh, another edgy teenager being edgy

move along, nothing to see here

>who is /w7/ here?
me
in 2020 i will only use my linux system

windows 10 is the best operating system ever

depends on the use case

test

the question is how long will stuff keep working on w7?

xp is almost unusable these days.

>doesn't let you choose which updates to install
>best system ever

if you are fully retarded then this is great for you

Hes not going to give you any examples, man. If he's telling you to kill yourself he doesnt have anything intelligent to say.

Hell I would have upgraded if it wasn't such a stab in my privacy

Windows 10 enterprise or education is the best version

Me. W10 was a downgrade so I'll stay with 7.

m-maybe in 4 years Linux will have a parametric eq.

right here. not worried one bit about what im going to do after it's too out of date, that won't be by at least 2020.

I gave up on 7 once I had installed 10 on several other PCs, realized it wasn't the worst thing ever, and my 7 installs stopped getting updates properly (svchost 100% CPU, never finished etc)

>realized it wasn't the worst thing ever
yeah this is most of my tech illiterate friend's outlook on it. they pressed the shiny button and their candy crush and facebook still works so they see no reason to go back to 7 because they aren't 'computer geeks'. Well, except one who had his drivers force updated which broke his GPU.

I have a copy of 7 on my machine. I don't really care if it's 7 or 10 though. It's just installed on a 40GB partition on an SSD so I couldn't (easily) upgrade if I wanted to and I don't fucking care. I hardly ever boot into windows and mostly use it for one or two steam games that don't run in linux.

eventually we will have to install windows cloud and cripple all of its cloud functions by overwriting the files

win 7 here

Or, you know, force Microsoft to make windows good - er, better again by switching to something else.

7's ok, it's the Windows part that's a shit.

yeah, that's good in theory, in practical terms it's not going to happen

I installed 10 and the font rendering is horrendous. The clear text settings did nothing, my fonts all look like they have spanish moss growing on them. Any suggestions?

Had no choice although I miss seven. W10 magically boosts my CPU performance by 20 percent so I don't have to upgrade.

Win 8.1 font scaling software.

I'm still on 7. I was actually on 10 for a year to give it a fair chance. Once the free upgrade ended I decided it was probably safe to go back to 7. Coming back to 7 again feels so cozy. Will likely stick with it until 2020+.

What said. MS is not in any rush to fix that.

I installed windows 10 and it got stuck on 99% for 3 days and then out of nowhere it just finished and no problems since.

> Still uses W7 when free W10 was out
Fucking pleb if you are too lazy to de bot net a great os then you deserve windows vista, garbage.
>inb4 w10 botnet

>great os
Takes away a lot of control while enforcing really stupid shit while adding nothing worth while

Yeah, real great.

>have to tinker with shit that takes more time than installing arch to make it somewhat usable
>no new useful features
>clusterfuck of an UI is a straight downgrade
:^)

>implying windows 10 is worth tinkering with :^)

archive.is/vPnHc

Oh, trust me, I powershell'ed the fuck out of all those apps and then some, but overall I just wanted to get away from 7 which already felt archaic.

so is this the "stayed on 7" regret general? kek

I like that they have a command line package manager now.

>literally not even a day on 10
back to 7 I guess

actually not a bad...
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO KILL MY HOPE

>lemolyneaux.png

>7
>good
spot the tech illiterate gamer babbie

>xp is almost unusable these days
Still rocking xp here
Browsing, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What is so unusable about it for you?

They lose 10% of their market share, and the shit will hit the fan in Redmond

windows 7 > 10 > 8 > ubuntu > rest of linux distros

Unless you sit it behind a very good and far too restrictive hardware firewall XP on the Internet is going to get hacked. I'm not even talking about regular fool the user viruses or browser exploits, just fucking keep an XP machine on the same IP address long enough and it will get broken into.

I mean, if you just wanted browsing Word, Excel, and Power Point, you could just use linux. If you need office exactly, older versions work flawlessly in wine. There's your safe, stable, modern system, and you don't have to use poor worn out no security updates XP.

>ubuntu
I'm sure you mean xubuntu, kubuntu, lubuntu, or whatever because default ubuntu UI is shit.

Never gotten hacked, haven't had virus or malware problems since I stopped looking at pron
Maybe my dynamic IP?

t. clueless normalfag

>Default Ubuntu UI

It takes one minute to install anything other than Unity on a vanilla Ubuntu install- the different flavors are only useful for people who don't know what they're doing.

win7 is comfy af. I'm moving to linux because win10 is trash tier even by windows standards

if you use a normal router it wont allow inbound connections, and this problem is solved.

what happened in the past is that you connected with a DSL model and all your ports were open, then malicious packets would be sent to your lsass.exe and so on, and would exploit them.

if your browser is secure (addons!) there is no real issue here. Executable that is never started can't exploit further issues with the system. Firefox automatically disables vulnerable addons nowadays and Chrome is sandboxed in some way.

If you were still paranoid you can run as non-admin in Windows XP. Most malware will not be persistent then. but as I said, if you don't click on flashy things like a retard it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Sup Forums

Ok guys.

My secondary machine is currently running XP, and is very low power. (Pentium Dual Core 1.8GHz, and 1.5GB of DDR2 Memory, Intel GMA graphics)
Thinking of upgrading it to a C2D E8400, 4GB of RAM, and i'm still considering a GPU.

Would the upgraded system be able to run Windows 7 happily? I mean I know it can, but i'm wondering if with my configuration I might be able to run some titles. Maybe even Fallout 4, the res is 1360 x 768.
Anyways does Windows 10 offer any performance benefit?

>great os
>debotnet
>photos.exe

When you say Ubuntu people think Unity AI. In addition ubuntu-desktop is a terrible default install not even considering the UI. I always start with xubuntu and then install whatever I want from that. It's less uninstall install bullshit even if I don't want to use xfce.

kek

I had windows 7 about 2 hrs ago.
I switched up to windows 8.1 with classic shell.
No regrets so far. Just as snappy and smooth.