Is it considered old fashioned to use a full size ATX motherboard these days?

Is it considered old fashioned to use a full size ATX motherboard these days?

No

It's old fashioned to have a desktop in the first place

No. The smaller boards often lack minor things like USB3 connectors for your case.

I use M-atx cause I don't need the extra slots and its cheaper.

It's usually only cheaper by $10-20 from its ATX counterpart. And you generally get more USB ports and an extra expansion slot or two.

Nope. Owning a desktop is old fashioned nowadays.
But any motherboard config that isn't ATX is a fucking meme shitboard. mATX in particular is meme tier shitlord-esque.

atx for high end
micro atx for smaller cases
mini-itx for all non gamers

t. Normie

t. gamer

I only use a single gpu, one sata port and 16gb of ram
Anything with more slots would be a waste to me
Then again, if you need that many slots, by all means go full atx

If you've got the case for it I don't see why you shouldn't, more slots, ports and expansions give you more options you might not need now but will appreciate making use of later.

motherboards aren't any kind of fashionable regardless of what size they are anyway - old or otherwise.

What's you saying here? Do you realize that there is still a lot of high performance work that is done on desktops?

lol just use a macbook pro

fucking poser

>Implying a MacBook Pro is anywhere near the performance levels of a similarly priced desktop

Go use your bait somewhere else

We are slowly heading towards future where your phone will have enough firepower to handle anything.

You will just come home, plug it one cable and your terminal will be full PC. Until then the ATX is the best solution for above-average users who do more than Facebook and Candy Crush.

I like the sound of this future, hopefully tablets should be doing that soon.

>Inb4 Surface Pro.

Get your company to buy you a desktop if you are doing super srs work. But I think you are just a neckbeard gamer.

Maybe there are projects I do on my own that need some useful computing performance. There's absolutely no benefit to getting a laptop if you're not using it's portability.

>Not using its portability
Who wants to sit in the same place all day?

Are you using an oil wipe as a dust filter? Good lord!

Who wants to use a computer all day? Especially something as gimped as a laptop?

I don't either, but I have a laptop for that.

Also

>it just won't be ready until you're 70 years old
Just like how they promised hover cars amirite?