Is this dead?

Is this dead?

Only if you stop believing.

Fpbp

Yes. DP >

It may as well be

you do realize most non-gaming desktops still use vga and most monitors still come with vga cables only in box.

Not if you work in any kind of business or education sector. You'll still run into older projectors all the time.

Use them all the time for presentations at school.

90% of businesses still use vga

No, they're fucking everywhere and will continue to be everywhere.

Using it right now
My graphics card has multiple HDMI connectors tho so when this monitor breaks I'll quit using VGA

Until it's plugged in, yes.

No. Also noice dubs.

It'll probably outlive you.

projectors
business
any work PC in power plants, factories...
army stuff

it will be dead in the next 10 or so years.

Old cables were sexy as hell. I wish the new ones still had those screws.

>most monitors still come with vga cables only in box.

Wait, what? What kind of cheap ass monitors have you been buying?

NEVAAARRRR!!!1111

No, still going strong to my TV

Business/office monitors that companies buy in bulk. You don't need ultra high quality 4k for Word or Excel. VGA will still do 1080p as well.

Yes, thankfully. Fuck VGA and fuck anyone who still uses it.

Yes, especially you, you faggot. You know who you are.

Sadly no

I've never understood why DVI couldn't replace VGA.

Guys, I'm kinda scared.
Will my DVI monitors work with the DP connectors on newer GPUs without ACTIVE converters?

HD resolution looks better with VGA on my monitor

My second monitor is a shitty old 4:3 and still uses it. Literally the only thing left that still uses it

VGA never died because businesses needed backwards compatibility. My work computer is two years old and has VGA.

>I wish the new ones still had those screws.

...said nobody every who had to crawl behind the desk to connect them.

succ my cocc

Depends on how many TMDS clocks are in the card.

>when VGA to HDMI converter

My monitor setup is a bit of a shitshow, my monitor has VGA and DVI inputs buty pc has both and HDMI, what whould look the best pure DVI, pure VGA or Hdmi with a vga/dvi adaptor

It really does need to die already, there's no excuse for analog lossy bullshit even for cheap office crap. Displayport or displayport-over-USBC should replace it entirely.

>TMDS clocks
W-what are those user? How many does the new gen cards regularly have, like the RX480 and 1060/1080?

No and likely won't be for quite a while.

Only the highest end cards will have them.
Don't buy any cheap cards or your monitor will become useless.

Spend AT LEAST $1000 on a graphics card.

i use VGA and there is zero loss of quality.

>$1000 for a graphics card
No thanks
I won't upgrade now however, but when my R9 290 dies or become completely obsolete.

Maybe on a CRT. If it's with an LCD you're not getting 1:1 pixel mapping and thus quality loss.

Yes i use that

What would the point of that be? At that point, if your monitor doesn't have DP and you need to get a $1000 card to get it to work, you just buy a new fucking monitor for like $200 and a card for $100. Why bother going overkill on a card just to get your shitty old monitor to work? He's probably not even gonna use that $1000 card for anything if he's not le ebin Sup Forums gaymur

this.

It's prolly dead in the NEET sector thanks to DVI and DP

It's prolly dead in the normalfag sector thanks to HDMI

But in the business sector is alive and kicking. Why? because it's the cheapest and it juzt werks in a machine meant for office work.

Works for me

/thread

At work most machines (sans designfags and IT) still use the standard d-sub vga. It's easier and cheaper.

kinda throws me back to those school and library computers running XP without any video drivers, stuck at 640x480

I still use vga on my computer which I got from work when it closed down.
Are they really that bad?

Not really. I mean, HDMI or DVI will look better, but unless you have some really high resolution monitor or a shitty cable, it's hard to notice the difference.

I have an old monitor that's been living through a few builds, I don't really want to throw it away, I'll keep it as a secondary or something, so is there any downside if using a VGA to DP adapter?

I bought a cheap ass AOC monitor and got a DVI/VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort cable with it.
No clue what you're talking about, even the cheapest ones come with cables.

I have a CRT so no
Comfy 120hz at 1680x1050
160hz at 800x600 for Quake
Works okay I guess but I'd like to buy a second monitor. Also my hard drive cost more than the monitor I'm typing this post on now

It's dead for non-business users. Most projectors you find in conference rooms are still VGA.

Don't active converters cost like 5 dollars ?

One of my monitors still has a VGA input.

I couldn't fucking believe how many Z170 motherboards came with VGA output.

Only did higher end mobos ditched VGA and went with better things like DP

>not having caster wheels
>not just wheeling your desk out
Laffin@u

VGA is rampant in businesses, schools, and government offices. It's a dirt cheap, continually grandfathered cable.

But ya know, it just werkz

>VGA is rampant in businesses,
I know those feels..

we recently upgraded to SAP (came with its own issues)
and of course whomever worked on SAP had a proper widescreen monitor, so all the columns fit neatly on their screen.
Well, guess what, my work uses some old LCD dell monitor that is square, so of course I can't ever display all the columns on my screen at once, I have to constantly scroll over.

Display port makes me hard and I can't figure out why

Damn near everything has a VGA connector, cables are everywhere, it's cheap, it's consistent, it gets the job done. It will die eventually, but not for a long time.

Not for me, i use dvi to vga for my monitor. And game on it.

Like how display port can't replace hdmi? Oh look there is usb c.