What's wrong with iOS?

What's wrong with iOS?

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2015/09/23/will-ios-9-slow-down-my-phone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Walled garden.

I want to push Akari's buttons, if you know what I mean.

Or swipe her whatever
Fuck her in the App Store

Absolutely nothing, it's perfect

if it does what you need it to do then nothing

>iOS

why the fuck does the iPhone not come with a proper carl zeiss lens?

huh? why doesn't it you fucks?

really grinds my gears if you really fucked up the seven that bad. the fucking numbers (and I don't talk about hurrdurr121351 MP) beneath the lens do have an fucking reason you fucking gay imbeciles.

my next phone is going to be an iphone.

tired of android

Locked down. It's fine if you use your phone for phoning, but if you're an autistic "power user" like me it's not good enough
>But jailbreak
Is not and will never compare to the openness of AOSP

>*What's not wrong with iOS?
ftfy

meme copy pasta list

As someone who's used Android and iOS both extensively, here's what I'd say.

iOS makes you feel like you aren't being spied on even though you are. It feels more cohesive and purpose built. It's infinitely more consistent than Android.

And that's where the better parts end. The difficulty in getting photos off the device, music and other files on to it, and the asinine reliance on everything Emperor Cook allows is out of control.

I really dislike my 6S. Would trade it for a Sony Xperia X Performance in a heartbeat.

>As someone who's used Android and iOS both extensively
Same. After the experience I had with an iPhone 3GS I went to Android and never looked back. iPhones are great hardware-wise, but the cripples OS it runs is a joke compared to Android.

Fuck me for doing this but lets go through the list.

>overpriced
Not really. Compared to flagship Android phones it is on par, and if you get the SE it is cheaper.

> no mSD slot.
Only matters if you are an autistic audiophile, but then you should have a stand along media player with a built in amp to drive your over priced cans

> can't torrent on them
Why do you not have a seedbox? Really... get one and enjoy life better.

> shit res screen
It is on par if not better in the PPI department then any Android phone.

> shit battery life
I go 3-4 days sometimes without charging due to how the multitasking works.With androiud I was lucky to get a full days worth.

> shit mobile os
Personal opinion with nothing really supporting it.

> no native file browser
This one is bothersome :/

> can't use phone as a flash drive
Why would you want too? Get one of these www.amazon.com/dp/B00LLEODCK/

> have to use lagtrunes to access one
Huh? In what way?

> can't share files other fhan photos/videos over wifi
> can't share jack shit over bluetooth
What is even his point? What does he want to share? His text messages?

> no back button
It is in the top left of the screen or a swipe right

> shit multi-tasking
It is different, I love it because it is easy on the batter life.

> less apps
Less shovelware. Most apps get a iOS release first with Android behind it UNLESS it is one of the malware based apps on Google Play

> encryption is full of backdoors
Most likely they found an exploit. Just like ones Android has had.

Lack of customization and useful tools like serious terminal emulators and file explorers.

I have a jailbroken iPhone 6 and the best parts are iFile and mTerminal. Stock iOS is pure shit and I refuse to use it.

I cant watch half the formats of videos I have and I cant watch vpx or flash online, nor can I save files, edit their tags, change album art, or transfer music off the device without 3rd party software, or even "sync" multiple different songs from different devices to the same device without wiping it

no ty

Many things, but one nice thing I experienced with iOS 9 (unsure if this is present in others) is if you move the tablet around, the wallpaper distorts accordingly through the gyro; makes the whole thing look 3D. A pair of titties or an ass as a wallpaper would be fun.

No native WebM support
You can put things besides music on micro SD cards
Saying "you shouldn't want to do that" is a stupid response.

Samsung phones do this as well. Not sure if stock Android does but it's likely doable.

no terminal/ssh apps without jailbreaking is probably the biggest issue IMO

also the fact that they cut support for older devices and there's no equivalent to custom ROMs, meaning the bootloaders must be locked down.

I pulled out my iPod Touch 4 the other day because my phone broke. I think it's on iOS 6.x.x. All the apps I tried to get off the play store required 8 or higher. I got some cool stuff off Cydia like openssh and FLAC support, but the keyboard is garbage and I don't know how to change it, so ssh was unusable. It'd be neat if there was something like juicessh for iOS. Or maybe there is. If so, ignore me.

>Not really. Compared to flagship Android phones it is on par, and if you get the SE it is cheaper.
Even non-flagship mid tier androids beat iphones in everything but camera quality for less than half the price.

>Only matters if you are an autistic audiophile
Or if you have a good quality camera on your phone, something you wouldn't be familiar with.

>paying a premium for mediocre storage space instead of whatever for just the phone regardless of internal space then next to nothing on top for an okay SD

Enjoy having non-portable files on a portable device.

>It is on par if not better in the PPI department then any Android phone.
An yet it's so fucking tiny it's hardly possible to use if you're not a girl.

>I go 3-4 days sometimes without charging due to how the multitasking works.With androiud I was lucky to get a full days worth.
For about 1 month max until the battery kills itself and you can never replace it lmao

>buy another flash drive that you can't use on your phone
lol, show me a phone that can actually hook up to that flash drive. Meanwhile, with SD cards.

>Huh?
iTunes is the only way to copy your shit across since the file system obscures names and metadata, so even if you had filesystem access you'd get a bunch of messed up files that aren't very usable.

>What does he want to share? His text messages?
Files. Documents. Drawings. Notes. Music. Audio recordings. The list goes on when you're not limited by your own "mobile" OS.

>Less shovelware
Takes less than 2 years for the majority of good applications on the app store to become unusable on iOS, forcing updates, and does not list older versions, archive or have a supported way to install from other sources (see: apks)

>All the apps I tried to get off the play store
jesus christ, I am apparently brainwashed by jewgle

sorry about that, APP STORE

I like android for terminal tools as well, but last I checked there are some SSH apps functional on iPad, I'm sure they work on iPhone as well. However you have no way of verifying them which is shit, and why I dont use it over native SSH on an android.

This. I don't understand how anyone can take iOS seriously with restrictions like those.

Not sure if iOS has SSH apps now, but they do seem to have remote desktop and VNC apps. Recent versions let you install custom keyboards, something Android has had since day one.

Yeah, the other thing is in my opinion once I buy a motherboard, CPU, RAM, etc inside a package, I should be able to install what I want onto that package regardless of the recommendations of the devs. I paid for the hardware, it's mine now. Motorola offers a nifty little code and tutorial on unlocking the bootloader for my phone and it was super simple. Easy to fuck up things after that's done, but that should be my prerogative IMO, not the manufacturer's. The operating system can be closed source, and that's fine, but without giving me freedom over the hardware I paid for there's no way I'm gonna buy that.

That's pretty neat. I don't have a smartphone, I live outside of cell service areas, but I'll be damned if I don't do this in the future.

Hey Miles.

Wow, you were slow this time.

If you can do everything you want to do with it and don't mind buying a new phone every couple years, nothing. But personally I find iOS too locked down to be enjoyable. I like to customize my phones just as much as I like to use them. Also, I like being able to access the filesystem, install apps, update my ROM and transfer media without using shitty software to do so. I can fuck with my phone just as easily on my Linux laptop as I can on my hackintosh. It makes me shudder when I look back on the days when I used an iPhone 4S and MBP, constantly fighting with iTunes just to sync a few GBs of music, every single time I plugged the fucking thing in.

The only reason to use it over linux is photoshop and premier pro, and I'm not in that kind of business anymore.

What's with the boring beige background?

You know there are more vibrant, colorful wall papers out there.

its too fast. everytime i try to view the date or time it just unlocks

Post that Akariin pls

Cute pape

lol oblivious

There are many reasons I prefer Android over iOS but every time I bring up my reasoning, the arguments are
>why would you want to do that?
>nobody needs that
>that's a feature for niggers
>you can do that just as easy by ['cool new' method that fights all intuition and standards]

>everything but camera quality
random as lagdragon cpu better than the fastest mobile cpu on the market. Ok matey.

Absolutely this.
One thing that's always annoyed me is not being able to reply to an email with an attachment that isn't a photo or video.

why do you want a custom keyboard anyway??? that makes your phone works faster or save you time?

>iTunes is the only way to copy your shit across since the file system obscures names and metadata, so even if you had filesystem access you'd get a bunch of messed up files that aren't very usable.
>Files. Documents. Drawings. Notes. Music. Audio recordings. The list goes on when you're not limited by your own "mobile" OS.

Untrue, Airdrop is super easy to share any file, anything with other Airdrop users.

What do people say when they see your phone background?

>What's wrong with iOS?

It's laggy as fuck. Even on their newest phones, Apple can't get their shit together. Sorry, but when animations stutter every time you swipe through pages on the homescreen, your software is shit.

Don't even TRY to use an older iPhone like the 5S. They're practically unusable on newer versions of iOS.

I like how a lot of these also apply to most Android phones. And with these requirements you end up with a shitty phone like a Samsung.

>i dont know what i am talking about so i just spout out words

>appleshit
iOS is a handheld Mac. It's just as FilthyFrank said. It's the hot chick that gives terrible head. But in the case of handheld things, the ugly chick who gives great head is Android.
Also,
>hipster trash stereotype
>no versatility
>sucks up juice
>giving Steve Jobs a blowie from beyond the grave

I want to because development-wise it's far far better than android. But it's so closed off I can't like it. If it was like OS X I'd probably never buy an android again.

nerd

It doesn't randomly lag and crash, and that confuses and upsets Android users.

Also there is no widget for tracking the count down next episode of Mylittleanimeshowforvirgins

9to5mac.com/2015/09/23/will-ios-9-slow-down-my-phone/

>The general consensus throughout the three videos is that overall, general device performance has taken a step back with iOS 9 on the iPhone 4s, 5, and 5s.

>All three videos show a general added layer of lag with iOS 9 compared to iOS 8.4.1.

>Ourown poll from last week showsthat 36 percent of users are experiencing “significantly” slower performance after updating to iOS 9, while 31 percent say their device is “a little bit slower.”

Top kek

new gay emojis Apple is pushing.
on left new gun emoji.
iOS 10 is heading to serve SJW/Feminist/1% loser freaks and their hurt feelings.

Possible Upcoming emojis by Apple in iOS 11;
cuck emoji
dildo emoji,
White man regretting slavery emoji
blacklivesmatter emoji.

Everything after iPhone 6S by Apple has been utterly and completely shit.
New iPhone 7 is not going to have audiojack, just single port (I have insider source)

a 2-5 year old phone slows down with the newest software... shocker.

He's right. The iPhone 6 on iOS 9.3.2 has its moments of lag. The hardware is fine and so is the OS for the most part. The thing that makes iOS slow is the heavy and useless animations that you can't turn off. I have an iPhone 6 from 2014. I decided to update from iOS 8.1.2 to iOS 9.3.2 now that a jailbreak is out. Stock iOS was buggy as fuck. After jailbreaking I have full filesystem access over USB and speed intensifier fixed all the lag. Apple products do lag and it's because of the retarded animations. Go shill somewhere else.

>not jailbroken
there is your problem

Pls

>overpriced

it is overpriced. for a price of iphone SE you can have for example lg v10 with better camera, better screen, more memory.. for a 64gb iphone SE you can pick ANY android flagship including galaxy s7 which is better in EVERY aspect.

> no mSD slot.

Or if you want to shoot a video longer than 3 minutes in 4k. honestly, i got 16gb iphone se and i thought it'll be more than enough. i can take around 15 minutes of 1080p video and memory is full.can't even edit this video on phone.

> shit mobile os
it is shit. how can you limit LTE download limit while even 3rd world countries has unlimited free lte? also, fucking bugs. i got more on daily use than i had on nexus device.

> no native file browser
just fake malware apps in app store. for 5 fucking euros. never seen such scam in google play

> have to use lagtrunes to access one

to do anything with media on phone. its horrendous.

> shit multi-tasking

its not a multitasking. programs does not run simultaneously in background, they freeze.

> less apps
>Less shovelware. Most apps get a iOS release first with Android behind it UNLESS it is one of the malware based apps on Google Play.

bullshit.. just bullshit. there is equal amount of shit in app store and in google play, google play has just WAY MORE apps, so its more noticeable.

why is your background blank user? just bought the phone?

I want to cum on akari's tummy

>limit LTE download limit
Please tell me that's not a thing. I want to believe that iPhone users aren't cucked that hard.

No back button

I don't get it. This looks like a normal iPhone.

Do you even have to ask

>caring about emojis
>(I have insider source)

>The effort in this thread.

Wow, when the first reply is actually right.

The latest 9.3.3 tethered jailbreak?

Looks really sketchy.