Why do so many people use these?

Why do so many people use these?

normie trend, it'll die soon enough

Because the 3.5mm jack is going away.
Because wired tethers suck.
Because some of them actually sound quite good.

Bluetooth is so fucking shit. Shit stops pairing all of a sudden. Then you have to charge your fucking HEADPHONES. Stupid.

> Because some of them actually sound quite good.
Found the normie. I bet your standard are the apple earbuds that came with your phone.

>buys cheap products
>gets lousy preformance
>complains

>Found the normie
/hpg/ usually calls me the obsessed audiophile who has too owned and listened to way too many headphones.
>I bet your standard are the apple earbuds that came with your phone.
If could have lived with that,well...too bad for me.

Etymotic ER-4B would sort of work as an general in-ear reference, after the acoustic damper is modified to a higher value (2200 or 3000 ohms) to suppress the various modes of the ED-29689 and the sealed ear canal. Still has the 15-16 kHz spike and cutoff, bass has a little rolloff to it as well, but it's smaller error than just about everything else.

Audeze LCD-4 and EL-8 open back can serve as a benchmark of behavior up to just below 2kHz, but they have particular failings in the upper frequencies. EL-8 v1 has a low Q notch filter going on around 6-7kHz, LCD-4 has the plunge in the 2-10 kHz region that Audezes usually do.

Anyway, plenty of in-ears maintain fair linearity up to around 105-110 dB SPL. Better lossy bluetooth coding (aptX, AAC) makes for minimal degradation.
This leaves frequency amplitude errors to be corrected. Some sets are decently built acoustically, aside the usual low frequency over-pressurization that you get with cheap in-ears, others make use of the prerequisite DSP hardware to smooth the response further.

I got LG one like 3 months ago.
I'm using it for jogging.
So I never used it yet.

There's supposedly some LG one only sold in Korea that is among the best in ear headphones in the market

This. I fell for the bluetooth meme once and tried to go strictly phone + bluetooth earbuds. Pieces of shit kept unpairing or turning off completely.

Now I just use a ipod shuffle and clip it the inside of my hat and use short earbuds. Same sort of freedom that bluetooth gives you minus the headaches and having to reach into your pocket to change songs.

I use something like this because riding with a wire while the phone is on a mount is asking for trouble.

Large ass bluetooth that goes on the ears do not fit in a full face helmet.

I actually rewired one to an aux output as a bootleg bt device for my home theater system. Worked until I noticed I had to recharge it after a couple of hours.

Finally got an actual bt adapter.

Don't tell me you wear a trilby

Most of them just want to listen to some shit without having the cables getting in the way. The higher end ones aren't that bad actually. Of course they can't sound as good as the wired ones, but acceptable.

Everyone who doesn't see why these might be nice to have has probably never exercised voluntarily.

Try going to the gym, running, or cycling with your dumb fucking corded earbuds.

They do? I've never seen a pair irl

Got one of these for free when I got the S7.
Not great quality but not terrible.
Haven't used it since I got it though.
Might start using it on my walks with pikmin go

Literally the only true answer.

Running with a cord dangling is a pita

>fully charged phone
>still can't listen to music because your fucking headphones died
Man I sure can't wait for the 3.5mm jack to go the way of the dodo!

$17 shipped, 9.5 hours on pandora, bluetooth v4, pairs with multiple devices simultaneously.

latency makes them shit for games

Got some tone pros. They work really well. Sound okay, battery lasts forever, automatically syncs and stays synced until I turn it off.

No wires is great.

Deadlifting with a cord dangling on your thigh is a real pain in the ass.

>one of the most faggoty tripfaggots on Sup Forums
>looks the part
Why am I not surprised?

I use a pair when I run or lift wires get in the way to much sound quality is meh but its convenient

>They do? I've never seen a pair irl

Probably because you stay at home irl

I see them all the time. They're even semi-respectable in work environment. My boss doesn't even complain.

>lol xDDDD ur on Sup Forums ur clearly a basement dweller
Epik meme

I could give a shit about sound quality.

I do alarm installs, crawling through attics and crawl spaces. An old 3.5mm jacked- cord used to get caught on nails and shit in attics, and these haven't gotten caught on anything. A battery lasts 12-14 hours for me, and you can make phone calls on it. What's not to like about it?

>Try going to the gym, running, or cycling with your dumb fucking corded earbuds.
What, you mean like people did for literally decades before this gay bluetooth shit came along?
What an insurmountable problem.

>Deadlifting with a cord dangling from your ass is a real pain in the thigh .

>Deadlifting with a thigh dangling from your ass is a real pain in the cord

Yeah, and the social security number database used to be on paper, dumbfuck.

This. The LG's are actually nice. Noise cancellation for the mic would help folks on the other end, though. 750s are better than the 760s

>Because the 3.5mm jack is going away.
No one actually believes this do they?

Apple certainly does.

>No one actually believes this do they?
None of the tech press report it except as a rumor. Most see it as a bad idea.
You'll need a dongle to use your own high quality phones. Or Apple will have to include their non-3.5 phones, that won't work on current Macs (without a dongle). And so on.
Sounds good until you start looking at it.

Cool!
You work for Apple?
You know someone at Apple (who is getting fired for telling you)?
You bullshitting?

Probably because they're convenient.

Been considering picking up a pair myself

Why not wireless headphones?

Battery life is worse, sound is worse, uncomfortable.

I'm a spew shit because I think I'm relevant the post

Everything he posted was relevant. It's not his fault your too retarded to understand.

but you wont look like a retard wearing wireless headphones

I bought a pair of qc35s for the gym. Comfy and sound quality is on point

>Battery life is worse
True
>Sound is worse
Bullshit
>Uncomfortable
Bullshit

GO BACK TO R EDDIT YOU FUCKING HEMORRHOIDS

>Shit stops pairing all of a sudden
What third world shit are you using. I have some for about 30 bucks they never stop pairing and they play music for about 4-5 workout sessions which is about 8-9 hours.