What the fuck is this

I'm staying at a hotel and the lamp next to my bed has this strange candlestick looking thing attached to it. It's got ridges so it can be lifted up and down, and theres a tool attached to the chain that serves no purpose other than to push the "candlestick" higher. Wtf is it I'm so confused I can't sleep at night not knowing what it's for.

it's a sex toy

It looks like it could be the leftovers of an old lamp that used to be attached there, that was removed or broken

Can you take a better pic?

thats exactly what it is, just a candle holder that can be adjusted up/down, the chain is only on the tool so it doesnt get lost.

Pls help user I'm so scared

>candle holder

It's solid though, it isn't hollow. How could it hold a candle?

Go ask the lady or guy at the front desk. Call them if you don't want to walk over.

>TFW its a wireless black hole downloading all your data off your phone right now.

It's for hanging bow ties

>Sup Forums is full of poorfags/underab&s who have never attended a black tie event

>Not hosting the event yourself and dictating a comfy dress code.

Its like you're not even trying.

calling bullshit on that, the design of the object looks like it hasn't changed in over a hundred years.

Why would you need to adjust the height of it ?
Why would you require some 'locking' wedge for a bow tie holder ?
Why would it be on your night stand when if it was for bow ties it would be closer to your closet/dresser

You flipping out on LSD,nigga?

Maybe it's for actual ties like, you can raise and lower it for different length ties.

use google goggles on it

i'm looking for a wireless dimming light bulb. i'm moving to an apartment and can't change much.

Why would you think a hotel in 2016 would have candles in their rooms?

call the reservation and ask

Its not a candle or wax its a piece of solid plastic

The wedge is for making it level.
Doesn't anyone even know how rectangles work?

That was such a fantastic thread. Good times.

Mood lighting for all of the sex, you virgin

I seriously need to know what this is now fuck. This will keep me up forever

You've already been told what it is. Now leave.

Nope OP said it isn't a candle, Bowtie holder doesn't make sense, If it's solid plastic it's obviously meant to hold something, but why a bowtie? why would it need to be raised/lowered/leveled for a bowtie?

Ah yes, sex that probably involves alcohol. You really think hotels are okay with having drunk people eager to fuck play with candles right over a highly flammable bed?

You've already been told what it is. Now leave.

Why don't you repeat what it is then faggot?

>I can't read a 27 reply thread

Its to wedge the candle holder so that's its level you fucking moron

it's literally a dildo holder

I think its one of these, I'm not sure what they are for or why anyone would own one

That tube/candle looking thing is a stand-in since nobody uses real candles anymore.

The notches are there to raise or lower the candle.
It is at an angle when resting so the wax drips down and off the side
The item at the end of the chain is normally for extinguishing the candle (in many real candle lamps, this is a small metal or glass cup meant to sit over the candle-top)

It's a decor piece, at this point.