Why don't you own a 3D printer yet?

Why don't you own a 3D printer yet?

Because I'm busy wasting my money on alcohol.

I own a Taz 3 though.

I do.

Waste O Money, and too expensive anyways

Also I don't have a dust free area to put it

No reason to. Just about any plastic piece I might need can be found at the local hardware store for cheaper than the refills costs in aggregate.

The hardware store has plastic shaped like orcs?

What need do you fill with "plastic shaped like orcs?"

They're slow, expensive, and not good enough.
I'm playing the waiting game, people that bought several thousand american shekel computers 10 years ago must feel silly.

My ass

Is there any money in painting and selling these? Would you at least break even if it was a hobby?

This is a work-safe board. I'd suggest restraint from posting such fetishes in the future.

I doubt it, and judging by the texture of those they weren't printed in the first place.

Check the pricing of Warhammer 40k miniatures, it might be possible

most people interested are the type of people that are into painting as well on top of the fact that they want legit copies of certain figures for games such as warhammer 40k and the like. so not really unless you get a manufacturing license, or a really good printer and can somehow get the .dxf files. some times you can do the whole "make your own custom one" for rpg players but those businesses are really small and you need experience with 3d modeling. as well as useng figures with fpgs is seen as autistic teir and theure becing less and less popular in an already niche market.

Engineering student fag here. Most if not all 3D printers accept files from CAD softwares, which could in theory be used to create things similar to the orc statues if you truly wanted to dedicate time to creating them. The problem that you can run into is whether or not the 3D printer you buy can create the detail you want, all depending on the size of the tip of the printer.

I do

We have a few Form 2 printers at work

I don't use nor need to make my own personal dildos

Yes, there is. There are lots of 3D printing services that make money by accepting files from customers. None of them do any painting so you can accept custom orders from people.

Depending on what printer you use, post processing can be a tedious task so learn what you will be getting into before deciding if you will be able to offer value for money.

I've been looking into getting a prusa i3, anyone have one?

no use for one

i'll get one in a few years when my son is older and i'm setting up a home workshop though