/Haskell General/

Only patricians allowed ITT.

Post things you're working on and help others.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gelisam/frp-zoo
github.com/SublimeHaskell/SublimeHaskell
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Delete this thread, then make a thread about Haskell that's not a general.

what is the difference?
Nobody writes haskell, thats the joke.

Hero Line Wars Starlight DPS calculator / optimizer

Please don't judge me, this is how I like to play games

>he fell for the hasklel jew

Looks intredasting.

I'm planning to use Haskell for more mathematical concepts.

How do you peeps generate random, standard normally distributed numbers?

how is haskell for writing networked and GUI programs?

>GUI
pretty bad, nobody cares

>networked
pretty awesome, there are shittons of abstractions and lots of work + libraries in this direction

>>GUI
>pretty bad
Into the trash it goes

What is Haskell used for in the industry?

Anti spam at facebook

???

>>GUI
>>pretty bad
you are aware of the existence of the FRP paradigm, right?

>sudo pacman -S stack

Yawn. Show me a good toolkit GUI binding that's usable in practice or go stuff your bananas up your arse

speaking about bananas, - there's reactive-banana toolkit. Also, elm, threepenny - if you wanna stay in the haskell domain. Here you may find a comparison: github.com/gelisam/frp-zoo
Also,
>>>/wdg/

>speaking about bananas, - there's reactive-banana toolkit.
NO SHIT SHERLOCK

how is haskell in windows?

Same as on Linux with the exception of stuff like OpenGL (because getting the right libraries in the right place on windows is a royal pain in the arse)

what do i download to get started for windows?

On windows just get the haskell platform. It comes with GHCi, cabal-install and all the other tools and common libraries you need to get going as a newcomer.

Personally I barely ever leave GHCi. It's my go-to interactive shell for nearly any sort of computational question I need answered, and I use it multiple times per day.

GHCi alone is more than enough to learn and utilize Haskell, so you really don't need much more than a REPL to get started with the language.

ty

This is now a toy language thread.

Do we really need a thread dedicated to JavaScript?

Stay delusional, JavaScript is the new C++.

BUMP

THIS THREAD CAN NOT DIE

NOT YET

stack still doesn't have ghc 8 by default, have to do this stupid nightly shit

>slack
you brought this upon yourself

doesn't help that ghc-mod 5.6 is only in RC

I use NumPy

what editor/IDE do people use for Haskell?

The same I use for everything else, Emacs.

nvi
Some losers use vim or emacs.

this works for me
github.com/SublimeHaskell/SublimeHaskell

neovim

you don't need an IDE to write haskell any way

GHC is more than just the compiler. It comes with all the standard libraries compiled in three versions (vanilla, ghci, profiling) and the haddocks.

I want FPComplete shills to leave my thread! All your "contributions" to Haskell are java-tier garbage, especially Snoyman's.

You have to be kidding. Before stack Haskell dependency management was horrific.

i found out a thing called hsdev which does the job better! Now using sublimehaskell on windows with autocomplete, repl, etc.

Long before the stack cancer came to be, you could already use cabal-dev or Nix to solve cabal hell.
cabal-install is introducing nix-style builds, so you won't even need a third party tool in the future. Right now you can already use cabal sanboxes if you don't mind recompiling stuff.

>patricians
No one here thinks your use of dead Roman lingo is clever, You just sound a buffoon.

If it sayd below, I would /thread you

This is most haskell users...academia...the rest of us have to make a living with languages that make money and use modern vocabulary to speak to modern humans.

I actually had Latin in high school.

i use emacs with haskell-mode