/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/iLDTy4K
crownandbuckle.com/black-braided-nylon-18mm.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any reason why I shouldn't buy a Sinn 6000?

It has all the features I want.

Date, multiple time zones, chronograph, under 40mm.

Price is around $3700. Is that fair for the number of features and quality?

I plan to get my first rep. Does this look okay to you guys?

if you can afford it, i say go for it. that piece looks really nice

Planning on it. Almost pulled the trigger last night but just checking and reading everything I can about it first.

>Any reason why I shouldn't buy a Sinn 6000?
Only if you wanted to give up the time zone and go with a 38mm el primero with the sweet 36,000 goodness.

Well it's definitely high quality. If you have the money then go for it, I think that one is pretty fucking hot.

Reps are gay and it'll break within the first few months

Just buy a cheapo automatic like a Seiko 5. If you like the Submariner so much buy an Invicta or something.

Your lack of hair does not match a watch bought for a mid life crisis.
+: good lume
-: no day. no date. no month. no protection for the crown

If I remember correctly he didn't like the fat springbars.

It has crown guards

Don't waste your time with fucking fakes

Don't worry, /wt/ for sure can't tell a difference between a fake and real.

come at me /wtg/

Not bad, getting the bracelet for that SARX019 must have cost you some change though, was it really worth it for the red tip on the seconds?

Meme watches, meme watches everywhere.

>mememaster
how does it feel to own most memed watches?

I own the 38mm El Primero that came out in 2012, and the Sinn 6000 was the other watch I was considering because I wanted an under 40mm chronograph. Now that I've had it a couple of years I kinda wish I had gone with the Sinn. The Omega FOIS is another under 40mm chrono if you don't mind a manual wind watch. It's cheaper than the Sinn too.

It's scary how reps have gotten to the point it's almost indistinguishable from the real deal.

I'll never understand why people like these blue/red bezels so much.

>It has crown guards
Practically flush with the crown. A bit useless, don't you think?

Loving the meme watch, shame the bezel is not engraved.

My other meme watch.

And my oldest meme watch.

That's my favourite of those three watches. And yet it's the last one I'd buy for myself.

There is actually a Steinhart that I'm thinking about getting. What do you think about the quality/accuracy/reliability of yours? Also how would you rate their customer service if you've had any interactions with them?

I hope it's not the titanium one.

A dash of colour makes a very classic looking watch less boring and catch the eye more.

Bronze actually. Is there something wrong with the titanium one or something?

Funny how the AR coating goes from worst to best (steinhart

Could anyone with smaller wrists, show me how a skx 007/009 looks on your wrist?

Couldn't find a picture other than the one posted in the thread next to the same watch in this pic. But my wrists are 17cm.

They the skx 007 is a bit smaller as it's 46mm lug to lug and the steinhart is 50.

could you show it further away? Anyway thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

Get a G's, sometimes you forget the glass is there at all.

2big4u

>G's
gs. Autocorrect

imgur.com/iLDTy4K

Might save up for a snowflake but it's a pain to service.

Thank you, maby with a 6,5' wrist it seems to be quite bit.

This is with my bitch 6.8" wrist. I initially wanted to get the MM300 as a better diver but having tried it in real life, it's a tad too big. I'll probably get a Nomos Ahoi or something.

the ahoi is just simply beautiful. Would immediately buy it when i have the necessary funds. I love the atlantic version.

SKX bracelet is the only problem here. That thing is an abomination.

Can anyone recommend a cheap automatic watch m? I'm really poor and I just love them. I'm fine with chink counterfeits as well.

Its cute.
What do anons think of rodina? The straight up chink copy of

A Patek Phillipe Aquanaut is the most affordable automatic in their whole catalogue, and as a steel sports watch can easily be your every day wear. Good for a bit of stealth luxury, as it doesn't scream Patek at everyone who happens to glance at your wrist.

Or just get a Seiko 5.

Highly recommend this watch (comes with a black Nato). Averages on +6 sec /day, no issues at all and costs around 100$.

This is truly the ultimate meme watch. For the same price you can get a Tudor Pelagos which is pretty much better in every aspect.

What style of strap is that? It's not NATO is it, looks a bit different?

Less retarded photo size, sorry about that.

No
And I wouldn't respect you if it was the real thing either
Rolexes are for shit-taste normies bragging about their "wealth"

That's a NATO, looks braided

crownandbuckle.com/black-braided-nylon-18mm.html

in general i don't really like dive watches with bit bezels. skx is an exception. They seem fine for what they are. But if i could choose i would pick any nomos over these ones.

well, everything in house in a sleek elegant way. And i can were it to any occasion. I know the minimalist design can appear boring to some but the blue shine gives it the extra "thing" i love about this watch. And I have a strong bias to my motherland. So thats another reason.

ups sorry, thought you meant watches in pic.well original beats copy.

Zulu strap or some places call it heavy duty NATO.

waiting for "Pelagos: A novel by Turdor Geneve" to arrive.

Thinking of a Junghans next

would recommend the master chronograph or the telemeter. Beautiful watches

Where's my lovely hirsute guy from a few days ago?

Who else here is trigger by nibbled numbers like that?

is that better?

I am, it's fucking lazy design.

Me.
Have not bought watches because they had nibbled numbers

Yes

this man stole my watch

i really want this watch and am trying to convince myself that spending 3k+ on a watch is a reasonable thing to do

where's my winning lotto ticket? where's my golden goose?

Guess how much it cost Sup Forums

1 Dallah

Come on be serious i want an honest guess

well it's ugly and made of metal
$175 if you got it through someplace like amazon
$20 if you got it on aliexpress

Close enough , got the wrist strap from amazon for $15 got the watch part for $7.99
>tfw people you know thinks your watch cost $60 USD or more

>No brand
$15

Ikr thats like an easy give away

well my estimation was correct then

Nope.

You'll get a better watch by just buying a Orient or Seiko diver for the same price as a rep.

>people you know thinks your watch cost $60 USD
Now THAT's embarrasing.

Isn't the service interval on these ~10 years? Just sell them before then.

Why would you compare a bauhaus dress watch to a dive watch? A rolex-lite at that.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

The Ahoi is a sports watch not a dress watch, fully lumed with a screw down crown and 200m water resistance.

Does keeping a Speedmaster or similar mechanical watches in storage bad for them?

What about only winding / wearing them once a week?

No

It looks nice, but you need a 22mm NATO.

>not disabling names clientside to retain the purity of an online image board

Running once a week is more than enough to keep the oils from settling too much, the main concern with storage. In fact, with modern lube, it's not much of a concern at all.

>butthurt pleb

What's wrong with the Titanium one?

>mfw waiting for my watch in the mail

Does plugging your ears and closing your eyes stop daddy from making bad touch?
No
So git off mah board

>Get vostoks in the mail.
>Change shitty bezel and strap.
>Show gf.
>Gf immediatly grabs the komandirskie and hasn't taken it off since..

I keep offering to get the gf a watch for her birthday, but she refuses to wear wrist accessories in fear of losing them. She does tend to take stuff off and just toss them about. Oh well, there goes the plan to make her a human watch winder... and to get horologically interesting handjobs.

still works as a dress watch.

>That polished bezel

Mmmm..

i can't wait for my bezel with insert and new set of arrows to arive

What about a strap or bracelet? Changing that is priority #1.

Dubs and I'll kill myself