IOS 10 Beta 4 Includes Dozens of New Emoji Promoting Gender Equality

macrumors.com/2016/08/01/ios-10-beta-4-new-gender-emoji/

>Emoji that previously only featured men, such as the cyclist, swimmer, police officer, and construction worker, are now available for either gender, and emoji that previously featured only women, such as the haircut emoji or the massage emoji, now also feature men. All of the new emoji are also available in a range of different skin tones.

Love it. Props to Apple.

Well congratulations apple.
They still look awful though. really uncanny, I think its the eyes.

i'm not sure anyone wanted a 2 bunny men emoji desu

Can I choose one with a burka?
I find naked woman's head offensive

Still waiting on Harambe emoji

no pokeball emoji?

what's the problem?

Irrelevant when your platform is literally autistic and can't properly into emotions.

Cherry picking

9/10 times the iPhone emoji is the best

Smilies>emojis

Letting phonefags onto the internet was a mistake.

Well shit I had no idea
When did the namechange come in?

Isn't true gender and racial equality when you don't need to squabble over petty shit like this?

In the last few years at least.

No. True equality is black people having it better than white people and women having it better than men. Check your privileges, cis scum!

Strangely enough, equality is when things are equal.

How can a person who scores low in school be equal to a top scorer?

Can you stay on topic?

so for a quick recap for people: apple designed their shitty emoji without taking unicode standards into account(e.g. non-gender neutral), when western users found the emoji keyboard they started complaining about muh social justice. so what do apple do? just change their shitty emoji depictions to be gender neutral? no, they can't. all other vendors just copied apple's emoji when they became popular. so instead apple petitions the unicode consortium to add a gender modifier to the next version of unicode.

so essentially apple dug themselves into a hole then decided to abandon the standards and add more bloat to Unicode. I guess it's not as bad as the skin tone modifiers at least.

>when things are equal
Like when you know there are plenty of female cyclists and doctors, that it doesn't really matter if they're portrayed as male sometimes?

Can you answer a simple question?

Equal like when you can use female emojis for professions with females.

The thread is about emoji equality you insufferable dipshit. Take your redpill nonsense to Sup Forums

smilies was constructed with regular (mostly) ascii chars, emojis is actual chars in the utf8 charset.
I don't know why though

So you are saying that one has to enroll into Gender Studies in order to be regarded equal to say, a doctor?
Ok, gotcha.

Where the fuck do you think you are nigger? This isn't your usual hugbox

backwards compatibility with legacy Japanese cell carriers. literally the entire reason unicode is a thing. it's also the reason unicode includes all of wingdings

How do you know they weren't female emojis to begin with?